BB Players Paid Yet?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Have ALL the players and employees been paid yet? Simple question. If you know please answer. That is all this thread was about. Not how BB was going to come back. Johnnyt

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
USFL had some pretty tough competition. If the NFL had the money behind it equal to the competition bonusball is facing I have no doubt the USFL would have been a success.

No doubt. :wink:

sturgeons-law.png

J

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have ALL the players and employees been paid yet? Simple question. If you know please answer. That is all this thread was about. Not how BB was going to come back. Johnnyt

We are a bit off track, but I do not believe anyone here is 100% certain.

The players certainly aren't making public statements, so I think they are hoping it will work out in the long run.
followmepiper.GIF

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
We are a bit off track, but I do not believe anyone here is 100% certain.

The players certainly aren't making public statements, so I think they are hoping it will work out in the long run.
followmepiper.GIF

Thank you. That's about what got out of this thread. Johnnyt

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

if the players, et al, had been paid - don't you think they'd be screaming from the top of the Stratosphere? followed by a dip @ Bellagio fountains?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is tuff- both being separated from a loved one and losing a pup- sorry to hear it.

Life doesn't care what kind of wave you are riding at all, does it?

On that note, I recently finished a professional certification, was leaving test facility and called wife to let her know how awesome I was :)rolleyes::D) and she politely listened, answered 'that is great news. The dog shit all over the living room and we are going to the mall. I'll open the windows'.:embarrassed2:

must be "your dog"

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
First and foremost, get a pool stick and hit some balls, this will help your game and pay table time in a local pool room. Your commenting on the feelings and opinions of others is huge waste of time. If you disagree, keep on keeping on, that is what you'll do. With this, do keep in mind that what is good for all is better in spite of the negative few.

How is it that so many people can forget that the lead wagon on a wagon train took all the arrows? The settlers in the US paid the way for us to have a place to live in the US. I am not saying what they did was right to the indians with the arrows, it was wrong, but the view doesn't change if you are the lead dog in a sled team.

The PRO players in today's world are the lead SLED DOGS in an iditerod race and their view doesn't change. They are look up another dog's behind, but they love being FIRST, that is what they do and who they are. They are big boys and wear big boy pants, you should respect their right to do so, even if their decision to work with no pay offends or disappoint you. Clearly you put money and job security over your desire to win first or achieve first in large tourneys, and you will always be an arm chair quarterback.

Stay in your chair, and bet on the rail. Some people have enough guts to leave the rail and step in the ring regardless of the outcome. The ring is where they live, don't ever push them or their promoters out of it.

Either beat the lead dog or SHUT UP and learn to LEAD by starting your own league or tour. Help the game, don't criticize what little sport we have left. Look from above, not down below from the cheap seats.

Now, for FATBOY, he is the Best Rockstar Advocate for pool and your best interests I have ever seen, he might even be the Muhammed Ali of Pool. Leave him the F alone and beg him to post more so we don't have to stay in the dark. I concur with Jay on this one.

I always felt this was a community of common minded people with a common interest, to share in the game we all love, regardless of dorky rules and bad streaming quality by wpbl.tv. My only advice to those opinionated people, is to love the game/sport or leave it, and please leave those of us who care about pool alone. I once heard a saying that opinions are like A-Holes, everyone has one, doesn't mean it needs to be shared with everyone.

With all my BS said, I do realize that the people will proclaim their right to challenge and question on an open forum. So, let's clear that up, before they post. You can say anything, question anything, but be clear about one thing, those with questions, also lack answers and clarity, therefore they ask questions to learn answers, and are in the dark and know very little, and only seek to get their rocks off by agitating others.

Support anything to help a CRIPPLED sport damaged by IPT, PBT and others or SACRIFICE your right to complain why things are wrong. Please go Post on your facebook wall, and you will find lots of idiots to like your post or comment.

Where my RANT is coming from you ask? It comes from the fact I have had my DVR set to record any and all pool matches for several years and have only watched top quality pool by male players, once or twice. Let's hope and pray this gets some sort of syndication and publicity even thought the game may suck, so that we can keep more pool rooms open and always have a place to play and others to play with. If this game slips much more, we all might as well take up another sport/game, then we have no FORUM and nothing to talk about. Don't loose sight of the big picture is all I am saying.

No need to reply directly, as I am done watching this thread create a train wreck for our future.
Translation:

"I don't really know whats going on or know any of the principles involved but I feel the need to tell those that do what they should and should not say and where they should and should not say it. I also do not have the balls to defend my opinion."

People have no clue how bad Bonus Ball's leaders and some of the players have screwed up pro pool in the US. They will learn though.

I know the story being told to the players about the latest resurrection. Its ridiculous. It can be proven so by one phone call or email to the right person. I know one player was offered that email address to prove how the story didnt add up but he had no interest in using it. He preferred to believe the fairy tale. Par for the course around Vegas lately.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the players, et al, had been paid - don't you think they'd be screaming from the top of the Stratosphere? followed by a dip @ Bellagio fountains?

No. I think they would surely be gloriously happy, but there seems to be a culture where there are no unapproved statements. I would not expect that to change until someone/ s quits and spills the beans.

Too bad, really. For all involved.

Bad for the players, coz it means they have to shut up and take whatever Boner Ball says they will.

Bad for BoNitz Ball, coz they are setting themselves up to have to defend the player's claims with the State Employment Commission, and/ or an EPL (Employment Practices Liability) suit.

Not sure about the definition of 'class action' but ...aww shiit. I am, actually:
Need to have numerosity, commonality, typicality , adequacy.

class action n. a lawsuit filed by one or more people on behalf of themselves and a larger group of people "who are similarly situated." Examples might include: all women who have suffered from defective contraceptive devices or breast implants, all those overcharged by a public utility during a particular period, or all those who were underpaid by an employer in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act. If a class action is successful, a period of time is given for those who can prove they fit the class to file claims to participate in the judgment amount. Class actions are difficult and expensive to file and follow through, but the results can be helpful to people who could not afford to carry a suit alone, force businesses that have caused broad damage or have a "public be damned" attitude to change their practices and/or pay for damages, and possibly result in high fees for the winning attorneys. Often attorneys do not collect a fee at the beginning of a class action suit but might charge a contingent fee (such as 1/3 of the final judgment) which, occasionally, can be millions of dollars.

AND:
http://www.hainesandkrieger.com/blog/protecting-your-lawsuit-during-bankruptcy/
Protecting Your Lawsuit During Bankruptcy
Any claim that a debtor may have at the time a bankruptcy case is filed is considered an asset and must be disclosed to the bankruptcy court. This includes lawsuits that are currently pending in court or through an administrative process, and those that are not yet filed. Social Security Disability claims, Worker’s Compensation claims, unemployment claims, class action lawsuits, and personal injury lawsuits are all claims that must be disclosed to the bankruptcy court.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Players never sue anyone-They dont cry much either-It's the fans that cry. The players just move along best they can. This is the reason i was once approached by a guy who wanted to put on a $100K added tournament, take the entry fees and pay NOBODY! He was convinced the Players would do nothing and he might have been right.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No. I think they would surely be gloriously happy, but there seems to be a culture where there are no unapproved statements. I would not expect that to change until someone/ s quits and spills the beans.

Too bad, really. For all involved.

Bad for the players, coz it means they have to shut up and take whatever Boner Ball says they will.

Bad for BoNitz Ball, coz they are setting themselves up to have to defend the player's claims with the State Employment Commission, and/ or an EPL (Employment Practices Liability) suit.

Not sure about the definition of 'class action' but ...aww shiit. I am, actually:
Need to have numerosity, commonality, typicality , adequacy.

class action n. a lawsuit filed by one or more people on behalf of themselves and a larger group of people "who are similarly situated." Examples might include: all women who have suffered from defective contraceptive devices or breast implants, all those overcharged by a public utility during a particular period, or all those who were underpaid by an employer in violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act. If a class action is successful, a period of time is given for those who can prove they fit the class to file claims to participate in the judgment amount. Class actions are difficult and expensive to file and follow through, but the results can be helpful to people who could not afford to carry a suit alone, force businesses that have caused broad damage or have a "public be damned" attitude to change their practices and/or pay for damages, and possibly result in high fees for the winning attorneys. Often attorneys do not collect a fee at the beginning of a class action suit but might charge a contingent fee (such as 1/3 of the final judgment) which, occasionally, can be millions of dollars.

AND:
http://www.hainesandkrieger.com/blog/protecting-your-lawsuit-during-bankruptcy/
Protecting Your Lawsuit During Bankruptcy
Any claim that a debtor may have at the time a bankruptcy case is filed is considered an asset and must be disclosed to the bankruptcy court. This includes lawsuits that are currently pending in court or through an administrative process, and those that are not yet filed. Social Security Disability claims, Worker’s Compensation claims, unemployment claims, class action lawsuits, and personal injury lawsuits are all claims that must be disclosed to the bankruptcy court.

You also need to have claims for damages in excess of the cost of litigation, as a practical matter not a legal one. A solvent defendant helps a lot, too. Also, 30 might not meet the numerosity standard. Indirect losses due to foregone income from moving to Vegas might not meet the commonality standard.

For better or for worse, the fortunes of the BB players are likely linked with those of BB.

Cory

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also need to have claims for damages in excess of the cost of litigation, as a practical matter not a legal one. A solvent defendant helps a lot, too. Also, 30 might not meet the numerosity standard. Indirect losses due to foregone income from moving to Vegas might not meet the commonality standard.

For better or for worse, the fortunes of the BB players are likely linked with those of BB.

Cory

Thanks for the details...I only know from books (thank God!).

It is surprising to find costs associated with moving to Vegas may have a chance at inclusion. I would have thought it would only be wages.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people may think

"oh there are these new guys and they have tons of money and they dont really care-it's a write off blah blah blah....."

That is not true 99.99% of the time-super wealthy people didnt get there with that attitude- trust me. They got there making sound business decisions and WATCHING their money real close!! The exceptions of course are actors, musicians, etc and that is also exactly why they are robbed of their money all the time.

So unless they have Wayne Newton on the string, BB is done. If any group was approached with this, there would certainly be one or more within the group putting the nix on the venture.

I know nothing but reason tells me this resurrection is doomed.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people may think

"oh there are these new guys and they have tons of money and they dont really care-it's a write off blah blah blah....."

That is not true 99.99% of the time-super wealthy people didnt get there with that attitude- trust me. They got there making sound business decisions and WATCHING their money real close!! The exceptions of course are actors, musicians, etc and that is also exactly why they are robbed of their money all the time.

So unless they have Wayne Newton on the string, BB is done. If any group was approached with this, there would certainly be one or more within the group putting the nix on the venture.

I know nothing but reason tells me this resurrection is doomed.

Wayne is broke, I know him. He spends 5 times what he makes, super nice guy but he dont slow is roll when he lost his singing voice. I lived 3 or 4 houses away from him for years.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

no not yet, thats the answer. to that question. yes they will be-is what they have been told. I feel confident worst case they will get paid.

Like I said go easy for 3-4 weeks, by then a decision will be made that will either be great for cue sports or this will all be a bad thing, I'm VERY confident it will work out good, thats why i'm suggesting people in the pool world to hold their toung's for a short time.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cory

you can have a single party class action law suit, there is no minimum. And they could seek punitive damages as well as direct costs lost because of BB, but again having a judgment is worthless if the entity or person(s) have no $$$ or are in a forign land. Soooooo they aint got a prayer, unless things change. and for the last time in this thread I'll say it again give it 3-4 weeks and then we will know.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you can have a single party class action law suit, there is no minimum. And they could seek punitive damages as well as direct costs lost because of BB, but again having a judgment is worthless if the entity or person(s) have no $$$ or are in a forign land. Soooooo they aint got a prayer, unless things change. and for the last time in this thread I'll say it again give it 3-4 weeks and then we will know.

you cant fuggin leave!

so matches resume 8/1, give bb another 3-4 wks to pay?

that is bolder than putting your hands on the head of the girl you dumped and telling her how sexy her mouth is when she cries.