Beat or Match Mosconi's 526 at the BCAPL Nationals Win Cash!

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
I would guess by the "Common" sentiment expressed here that nobody came close to Willie's record.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
14-1straightman for president !!!!

You do not like anyone in authority. Yes, you do not like cops b/c without a doubt you have been handled by the cops many times in your life and it is always the cops fault. They are always picking on you. Maybe b/c you are such a pot head.
You also do not like the Military. Here is a quote from you when you started trouble on my 105 run Thread last June.

(((( Quote;straightman: you "super-patriots" join the army to fight for freedom but then get back home only to piss and moan about it. in this case you get your underwear in a knot over a tongue-in-cheek comic. lol.... if you don't want people dissing you, stop acting like a child.
there have been other players who have outed themselves in these forums. you can now add yourself to that undistinguished list. ))))

Once again, I will repeat the list of trouble that you have started:
He is the one who posted Danny Harriman's mug shot on the Forum.
He started with me b/c I complained about another person using a neg. political cartoon for their avatar.
He wanted to hang Sascha from the beginning.
He started with Sean (Sflsinen). So many times that I can not even remember what all the comments were about.
Now he is on, a few of the players who work their hearts out to promote straight pool.
There are many more negative comments about lesser players shooting abilities.

***We all know where you are coming from. Listen, if you want to write here and participate. Please, try to back up and think before you write things that hurt feelings of others. I can still tolerate you, if you will act decent. It is up to you. I think you owe the 14.1 Forum an apology.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
i lost respect for cops long ago especially when they turned into jack-booted-thugs busting down 50,000 doors a year over plants, murdering children in their homes. they just put 60 bullets in an Iraq vet in his home while his 4yo son and wife watched in horror. vermin filth...... everyone sells out freedom for a paycheck. http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

In the years I was in law enforcement, I had to discharge my weapon in two situations. One of those people lost their life. Not a day goes by, in fact not an hour goes by when that doesn't enter my heart or my mind. I had no other choice in either situation. The person that lost their life would have taken mine and my partner's life if I hadn't pulled my trigger first. I guess the fact that I saved my life, my partner's life, and the lives of everybody else at that scene makes me a real assshole.

Oh... and before you accuse me or group me into some other stupid crap - I could have cared less about weed when I was a cop. I became a cop because one of my closest friends was murdered by an ex-boyfriend. My thing was helping people, not killing them. I helped start many domestic abuse programs while I was in law enforcement - many of those programs are still in effect. I tried to make the most of my time - and I did everything in my power to assist people in need. I did that tirelessly and I did that from my heart, not my wallet.

At the time that I was a police officer, I had my own business, and my home and cars were paid for. Trust me, I didn't do it for the paycheck.

From the two situations where I shot someone - I was sued a total of 8 times for 2 bullets. In the situation where the person did not die - he was lunging at another officer and his own mother with a knife in one hand and a broken beer bottle in the other. after saving his mother's life, she turned around and sued me civilly - and she also sued the City.

I must be a real asshole for taking the actions that I did, but she should have thanked me for having the life in her body the day she signed the court papers to sue me. That's what the judge said to her when he tossed out her lawsuit.

I do regret discharging my weapon and injuring her son. The stress from her civil suit alone destroyed my private business, my personal savings, my family, and eventually my motivation to work in law enforcement. All because I made split second decision to save the life of someone that I didn't even know.

It's real easy to sit back and point fingers and group people together and second guess people that have been in situations that require split second judgement calls where they have other lives (not only their own) to take into consideration.

It takes a very weak-minded person to accuse me of selling out freedom for a paycheck, when you have no basis for making such a statement - you have no idea how I conducted myself as a police officer - you have no idea why I chose to become one in the first place - and you have no idea why I left law enforcement. Yet you sit there and say idiotic things such as that - grouping myself and Mike into some stereotype that is designed to make you feel better about what you are saying.

Oh... and BTW, the idiot that I shot a split second before he sliced his mother's chest open with a Michelob bottle... he committed suicide two years after the law suit was tossed out. I had been out of law enforcement for about 4 years by then, but it didn't stop the guy's mother from trying to hold me and the City responsible for his suicide.

IMO, people like that are shitt. I also think I'm right about that.

You don't know me, nor do you know anything about me - and I will guarantee you that don't have half the balls that it took to do 1/1000th of the work I did as a soldier or as a law enforcement officer. It's easier for you to sit back there and toss BS out there and hold myself (and everybody else in law enforcement) responsible for situations we had nothing to do with. That is because you are ignorant. I have been on the front lines. I have put my ass on the line night after night and day after day. I have knowledge of law enforcement - both positive and negative. You don't - and you don't have a clue about me or anybody else that wears a badge. For that reason, I have no problem telling you to STFU.

Congratulations. You are the first person I have had to say that to in over 15 years of being online - and you deserve it.

Last edited:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thank You

David: Thank you so much. It takes a lot for a person to write those feelings for everyone to see.
I too have been involved in three gun battles and had to take the life of a person in one of them. With over 28 years of service, I have no complaints on my record. I am very proud of that. I have seen everything in Life from talking to friends and then minutes later, they are dead. I appreciate good things in Life. That is the kind of people that we are and he is constantly calling us names.
I will not even get into my military service as well as yours. Once again, Thank You Sir for your service. I sincerely appreciate what you wrote.

Last edited:

sausage

Banned
You do not like anyone in authority. Yes, you do not like cops b/c without a doubt you have been handled by the cops many times in your life and it is always the cops fault. They are always picking on you. Maybe b/c you are such a pot head.
You also do not like the Military. Here is a quote from you when you started trouble on my 105 run Thread last June.

(((( Quote;straightman: you "super-patriots" join the army to fight for freedom but then get back home only to piss and moan about it. in this case you get your underwear in a knot over a tongue-in-cheek comic. lol.... if you don't want people dissing you, stop acting like a child.
there have been other players who have outed themselves in these forums. you can now add yourself to that undistinguished list. ))))

Once again, I will repeat the list of trouble that you have started:
He is the one who posted Danny Harriman's mug shot on the Forum.
He started with me b/c I complained about another person using a neg. political cartoon for their avatar.
He wanted to hang Sascha from the beginning.
He started with Sean (Sflsinen). So many times that I can not even remember what all the comments were about.
Now he is on, a few of the players who work their hearts out to promote straight pool.
There are many more negative comments about lesser players shooting abilities.

***We all know where you are coming from. Listen, if you want to write here and participate. Please, try to back up and think before you write things that hurt feelings of others. I can still tolerate you, if you will act decent. It is up to you. I think you owe the 14.1 Forum an apology.

listen, blue collar bimbo.... that quote was because you got all angry about an avatar COMIC of obama bashing bush/cheney and you took it seriously and crybabied about it like a pissy little girl. look, i'm done wasting precious moments rebutting your juvenile, uneducated posts. it's no wonder you became a cop. the academy standards are low. i now must block you. go away.....

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
listen, blue collar bimbo.... that quote was because you got all angry about an avatar COMIC of obama bashing bush/cheney and you took it seriously and crybabied about it like a pissy little girl. look, i'm done wasting precious moments rebutting your juvenile, uneducated posts. it's no wonder you became a cop. the academy standards are low. i now must block you. go away.....

IMHO, Mike is not the one coming across as uneducated and juvenile, you are. You've already more than made your point that you are staunchly against law enforcement and those who have served it, so I have just one question for you... What does that have to do with 14.1 pool?

And FWIW, I think Mike can honestly care less that you blocked him.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sausage, consider this your warning.

Your personal attacks are done.
The next one will see you removed from the board for an extended time.

sausage

Banned
Sausage, consider this your warning.

Your personal attacks are done.
The next one will see you removed from the board for an extended time.

where were the "personal attacks" , mr. wilson. seems to me you're bowing to pressure from the mediocrity. but specifically where were the personal attacks. did you give 14.1Straightman the same warning?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I am sure it is not just this one thread that has brought this all on !!!!

And Mike has proven himself to being a Key Ingredient here on the forums, and he has my back and i am sure many others as well !!!

Caio !
-Steve

Last edited:

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
where were the "personal attacks" , mr. wilson. seems to me you're bowing to pressure from the mediocrity. but specifically where were the personal attacks. did you give 14.1Straightman the same warning?

Going....

Going...

GONE!!!!

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an interestingly tough issue and one that highlights the vagueness of our sport and contributes to making life miserable for serious pool players and confusing to non-players. When the 100 yard dash changed to 100 meters; the 100 yard records were retired, never to be broken again. So what do we have:

3.5 x 7 tables
4 x 8 tables
4.5 x 9 tables
5 x 10 tables
Mali 80/20 cloth
Simonis cloth
Brunswick tables
Diamond tables
4-1/2” pockets
4-3/4” pockets
4-7/8” pockets
5” pockets

Should each set of variables have its own high run record? With just the 12 named variables above, that’d be 144 different high run records. That’s a bit much. I’d say the high run on each of the table sizes should be recognized and that’s it. The other variables are all situational. Mosconi didn’t set out to set the record on a 4 x 8 with 4-7/8” pockets. He didn’t practice for months on that particular table lengthening his runs until he popped a 526. It just happened to be the table he was performing an exhibition on on that particular evening.

In my record book:
3.5 x 7 high run record = ?
4 x 8 high run record = Willie Mosconi
4.5 x 9 high run record = ?
5 x 10 high run record = Joe Balsis

Ron F

It's not unreasonable to have separate records for 8 and 9 foot tables, as long as they meet the standard (pocket size, etc.).

This thread reminds me of cycling's coveted Hour Record. Eddy Merckx set the record on a standard track bike and it stood for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqjEvDlFqdM

Then Francesco Moser shows up with bullhorn handlebars (aero advantage) and a huge disk wheel (another areo advantage) and breaks the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJeRiEEmZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzIxkb_uClw

Then Graeme Obree shows up with yet another design (illegal for racing) and breaks the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrG95en3Pl0

Tony Rominger showed up with dual disk wheels (aero advantage) and breaks the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rnm8rO1kd4

The Union Cycliste International (UCI) decided enough was enough and broke the Hour Record into three categories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hour_record

(a) UCI hour record...traditional track bike design (b) UCI best human effort...no design limits (c) IHPVA/WHPVA hour record...flared recumbants, etc.

I think the Billiard world needs to implement categories based on table size...the only criteria should be that the table should meet current regulations for table size, pocket size, etc. So there would be (1) 8 foot regulation table and (2) 9 foot regulation table.

That would be simple and easy to manage...and it would be fair to Willie Mosconi, in the same way splitting the Hour Record was fair to Eddy Merckx.

For perspective, Eddy Merckx was to professional cycling what Willie Mosconi was to pocket billiards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Merckx

Poolmouse

Last edited:

Ron F

Ron F
Silver Member
hmmm

It's not unreasonable to have separate records for 8 and 9 foot tables, as long as they meet the standard (pocket size, etc.).

This thread reminds me of cycling's coveted Hour Record. Eddy Merckx set the record on a standard track bike and it stood for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqjEvDlFqdM

Then Francesco Moser shows up with bullhorn handlebars (aero advantage) and a huge disk wheel (another areo advantage) and breaks the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJeRiEEmZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzIxkb_uClw

Then Graeme Obree shows up with yet another design (illegal for racing) and breaks the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrG95en3Pl0

Tony Rominger showed up with dual disk wheels (aero advantage) and breaks the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rnm8rO1kd4

The Union Cycliste International (UCI) decided enough was enough and broke the Hour Record into three categories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hour_record

(a) UCI hour record...traditional track bike design (b) UCI best human effort...no design limits (c) IHPVA/WHPVA hour record...flared recumbants, etc.

I think the Billiard world needs to implement categories based on table size...the only criteria should be that the table should meet current regulations for table size, pocket size, etc. So there would be (1) 8 foot regulation table and (2) 9 foot regulation table.

That would be simple and easy to manage...and it would be fair to Willie Mosconi, in the same way splitting the Hour Record was fair to Eddy Merckx.

For perspective, Eddy Merckx was to professional cycling what Willie Mosconi was to pocket billiards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddy_Merckx

Poolmouse

Interesting idea. And not really a bad one.

Ron F

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't know me, nor do you know anything about me - and I will guarantee you that don't have half the balls that it took to do 1/1000th of the work I did as a soldier or as a law enforcement officer. It's easier for you to sit back there and toss BS out there and hold myself (and everybody else in law enforcement) responsible for situations we had nothing to do with. That is because you are ignorant. I have been on the front lines. I have put my ass on the line night after night and day after day. I have knowledge of law enforcement - both positive and negative. You don't - and you don't have a clue about me or anybody else that wears a badge. For that reason, I have no problem telling you to STFU.

Congratulations. You are the first person I have had to say that to in over 15 years of being online - and you deserve it.

Well said.