*** bonus ball returns ***

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know when it will return?

Johnny Archer, Rodney Morris, Dennis Hatch, Charlie Williams, Freezer, Nathan, etc. any of you higher up guys know. I mean you guys said it was the best thing ever.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
I'd watch it... I really enjoyed the handful of matches I watched on the ESPN3 stream.

Didn't dig the gargantuan numbers on the uniforms, though... Tasteful polo shirts would have been my choice.

There needs to be a Tampa Bay team!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why? It didn't make a dime. Keep the pro pool league idea. I love it but play a game we already know and our familiar.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I found it.....

erin_cadigan_superball_9_1.jpg

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the pros told me that Larry was coming into Vegas during the BCA and "maybe we will have some news"

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I don't understand why a few of you disliked BB. I really enjoyed watching it, it is a challenging game. Combining 8 ball, rotation and 1 pocket into one game was a brilliant idea. Adding the team concept was great too. I think if they had another season it would grow. Continue pushing it and maybe by the 3rd/4th season it would be profitable.

The only mistake they made in my opinion was thinking it was going to take off like a rocket ship. Put your expectations into check and look at other TV Shows out there. I didn't like last comic standing until recently and they have ran almost 10 seasons. Growing it takes time and enough money too take the hit until it grows into something profitable.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why a few of you disliked BB. I really enjoyed watching it, it is a challenging game. Combining 8 ball, rotation and 1 pocket into one game was a brilliant idea. Adding the team concept was great too. I think if they had another season it would grow. Continue pushing it and maybe by the 3rd/4th season it would be profitable.

The only mistake they made in my opinion was thinking it was going to take off like a rocket ship. Put your expectations into check and look at other TV Shows out there. I didn't like last comic standing until recently and they have ran almost 10 seasons. Growing it takes time and enough money too take the hit until it grows into something profitable.

Haters gonna hate...

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't mind the game, and loved the prospect of seeing professional players competing regularly. My contempt is reserved solely for the BB organization who, from the top down, burned bridges in the industry with enthusiasm and viewed the existing pool community and fans (the only viable, immediate seed from which a legitimate fan base could develop) with uninhibited disdain.

I don't laugh at people whose houses burn down, but I will point and laugh if they ignore my advice not to water the lawn with gasoline and fertilize with lit cigarettes.

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When it was free I watched it for entertainment and to see great players but, what was the objective of BB.
To only make money from those willing to pay to watch. ( more than likely, so it was doomed from the start as most pool players watching BB would rather spend thier money playing pool not watching it.)

To further the game of pool. (Don't believe so, as it is not a game that can be played by the masses unless some pool room owners are willing to make the investment) Room owners would not be willing to invest in the required equipment unless BB would take off and it won't take off unless a lot of players are willing to spend their money watching it. So, it looks a lot like a catch 22.
I believe it would of had a chance if it was broadcast free but, that would have required some backers with deep pockets.

center pocket

Silver Member
I didn't mind the game, and loved the prospect of seeing professional players competing regularly. My contempt is reserved solely for the BB organization who, from the top down, burned bridges in the industry with enthusiasm and viewed the existing pool community and fans (the only viable, immediate seed from which a legitimate fan base could develop) with uninhibited disdain.

I don't laugh at people whose houses burn down, but I will point and laugh if they ignore my advice not to water the lawn with gasoline and fertilize with lit cigarettes.

I agree their organization should have worked with CSI from the start

When it was free I watched it for entertainment and to see great players but, what was the objective of BB.
To only make money from those willing to pay to watch. ( more than likely, so it was doomed from the start as most pool players watching BB would rather spend thier money playing pool not watching it.)

To further the game of pool. (Don't believe so, as it is not a game that can be played by the masses unless some pool room owners are willing to make the investment) Room owners would not be willing to invest in the required equipment unless BB would take off and it won't take off unless a lot of players are willing to spend their money watching it. So, it looks a lot like a catch 22.
I believe it would of had a chance if it was broadcast free but, that would have required some backers with deep pockets.

That is a good point, it was definitely a catch 22.

CSykes24

www.coreysykes.com
Silver Member
Not many businesses turn a profit in the first year or two of starting. Not sure why they've given up on the concept so soon, as it looked somewhat promising. If they planned on doing a one year stint and then dropping it because it wasn't turning great numbers right away, they're just sloppy investors.

How can you expect viewership to grow that much after one year? Has anyone here researched on how snooker got big? It took years, but now look at where it is.

center pocket

Silver Member
Not many businesses turn a profit in the first year or two of starting. Not sure why they've given up on the concept so soon, as it looked somewhat promising. If they planned on doing a one year stint and then dropping it because it wasn't turning great numbers right away, they're just sloppy investors.

How can you expect viewership to grow that much after one year? Has anyone here researched on how snooker got big? It took years, but now look at where it is.
Well said and I agree completely

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member

A classic example of a business venture failing due to undercapitalization.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A classic example of a business venture failing due to undercapitalization.

Did you try to help/invest?

You honestly think it should have hung in there burning 50K plus a week with 79 paid subscriptions and peaking?.

Only a matter of a few more decades before they broke even? To me they were dumb just to come back and finish the season-Nearly as dumb as they were to START knowing NOTHING about the economics of pool.

Last edited: