'Break & Run' DVD Cover Design - Feedback Wanted

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strictly as a matter of business, I would remove all the business patches from the picture. By putting other business names on your product, you are implying relations and endorsements that may not exist. Furthermore, you open yourself up to lawsuits by these businesses because you are using their good names to sell your product.

Unless you have permission to use those trademarks, you may be sued.

Other than that, I like it a lot Nathan. Best wishes.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks fantastic Nathan...although i would put Appleton in front since he is the back to back us open winner and holding the cue. would be a bigger selling point if he were in front where Darren belongs !!!

-Steve

I tend to agree with this placement but it's not worth reshooting the photo. Looks greeat the way it is. I would make the numerical change suggested and include the comma after 9 as this is an easy change. Would have preferred seeing Earl on the cover because of his great victories over Archer and Shane but I can't argue your decision since you say he has a minor role in the DVD. Good luck with the sale of your DVD.

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Strictly as a matter of business, I would remove all the business patches from the picture. By putting other business names on your product, you are implying relations and endorsements that may not exist. Furthermore, you open yourself up to lawsuits by these businesses because you are using their good names to sell your product.

Unless you have permission to use those trademarks, you may be sued.

Other than that, I like it a lot Nathan. Best wishes.

I would assume that the sponsors require any media appearances the patches must be worn. Their appearance in the dvd would imply consent to have their images used and their "patches" would be part of said images. He could actually get in trouble for removing said patches as he would be altering the professional image of the player.

Another way to look at it would be if Playboy interviewed Shane and Shane's patch were visible it would not imply Cuetec approves of Playboy nor that Playboy was using the Cuetec name to sell magazines.

R

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would assume that the sponsors require any media appearances the patches must be worn. Their appearance in the dvd would imply consent to have their images used and their "patches" would be part of said images. He could actually get in trouble for removing said patches as he would be altering the professional image of the player.

Another way to look at it would be if Playboy interviewed Shane and Shane's patch were visible it would not imply Cuetec approves of Playboy nor that Playboy was using the Cuetec name to sell magazines.

R

I am not, by any means, an expert on these issues. When I first saw the picture of the cover, I was reminded of a set of baseball cards that was released by Jimmy Dean Sausages in 1990 and 1991. The cards had pictures of players in their uniforms but all of the MLB logos had been removed. You can find them on ebay to see what I mean. I just wanted to bring this up in case Runout Media had not thought of this issue. Better safe than sorry. It would suck if Nathan and Co did all this work, then got sued for all the cash.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Next time get them all to wear the same color of clothes, like eveyone wearing black or red polo type shirts. It looks a little disjointed with everyone wearing different stuff. Just an opinion.

It would appeal to those of us on pool teams. Who wouldnt want to be on the Runout team?

Just throwing ideas around. :)

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks great. Looks like it was inspired from Andrew Kramer's work at Video Copilot, but he does some awesome work so thats a compliment :)

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks good.

Like the angled stances to allow all to fit on the cover.

Alex should not wear purple, it makes him look too tall and too purple.

This is going to be good. Good luck with the venture.

ps - I like Alex-but not a purple Alex.

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thumbs up...time to put on editor hat. Look forward to seeing the finished product :)

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Great job Nathan.
Maybe Darren in front since he just won twice. If the content is more by Alex or another player, then they should probably be featured.

^This.

and some more letters that further say I like this statement. It's fine as it is, but I would prefer that one holding the cue be up front - and considering Appleton just broken and ran-out the US Open - twice - he probably should be the lead guy. Unless, he doesn't have much contribution to the content of course. In which case, I'd just remove him.

meximan2469

WPBL
Silver Member
Oh yeah..... and

Here is the back cover with the Lesson breakdown and the other 7 players that make appearances : )

297940_10150342926040168_505235167_8535892_1943482465_n.jpg

Attachments

• 297940_10150342926040168_505235167_8535892_1943482465_n.jpg
    297940_10150342926040168_505235167_8535892_1943482465_n.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 94

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
The DVD jacket was soooo good, you had to post the pic twice :p

Eric >looks great

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
cover_all.jpg

Here's the front and back cover combined (DVD jacket).

...i would put Appleton in front since he is the back to back us open winner and holding the cue. would be a bigger selling point...

A very good suggestion. The reason I've done this though, is because Alex is smaller guy, so he gets lost in the middle and back rows. Plus his stance is the more square to the cover, so it just fits better. I also feel that player rankings change from year to year, while Alex will always be one of the biggest draws (even when he isn't playing). I'm trying to keep this marketable for years to come, so I'm consciously making this decision now.

...If the content is more by Alex or another player, then they should probably be featured.

Thanks! All 6 players contributed equally, and each will have a solid 25-30 minutes in the DVD. The other 7 players contributed less, which is why they've been put on the back cover.

...you're at the point of diminishing returns, no point spending 20% of your time making it another 3% better...

You're bang on here! I'm posting this in hopes of catching a few critical errors, such as "Mika" being typo'd as "Mike" on the back cover. No matter how much I tweak it, the cover will never be perfect. Spending more time on it only means that I'm losing valuable editing time, and delaying future projects (which I already have 6 of planned for 2012). Time management is something I'm really focusing on these days, which is why I think I'll be able to drastically speed up my releases from here on out (having a stupidly fast computer helps now, along with a business partner).

can I reserve a set because I think they will be selling like hotcakes.

I wasn't going to start pre-selling until the trailer was ready (this Friday), but I've had numerous requests to pre-order already. As such, I'm going to put up the website for the DVD today and make it available. People don't realize how expensive it is to make DVDs like this (5 figures, not 3 or 4), so being able to recoup some of the expenses sooner will certainly help. Either way, thanks for your interest!

...There is a punctuation error. You have the Arabic number and number words in the same sentence. ...

lol, that long winded explanation was unnecessary, as I knew what you meant after the first sentence. :p You are however 110% right. I've made the changes as needed (it applied to the back cover as well). Thanks Jam!