Broken Revo

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Broken REVO or anything broken by neglect or abuse reinforces the saying..... a fool and his money are soon parted.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, I HOPE EVERY idiot who slams his cue on something breaks it. Whether they be REVO, WalMartO, Balabushka, Szamboti, or whatever.

Cues are made to play pool with...not throw and slam around.

If you miss a ball or make a mistake and slam your cue, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

I agree. I very very much understand the impulse to do so. But I've never done it. I just couldn't. I care about my cue. I could definitely live with looking like an asshole. But I couldn't live with breaking my dear cue that I love!

KMRUNOUT

9Ballz

Registered
100% totally agree with Hawaiian Eye.

FWIW, I HOPE EVERY idiot who slams his cue on something breaks it. Whether they be REVO, WalMartO, Balabushka, Szamboti, or whatever.

Cues are made to play pool with...not throw and slam around.

If you miss a ball or make a mistake and slam your cue, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
PVC pipe stuffed with fiberglass....$1300 please. :).Johnnyt

Yeah because years and years of R & D is free, you can take anything in any industry basically and the sum of the product pieces won't add up to the retail cost. Making things isn't that expensive but learning how to make things that perform well, don't kill it's users and is protected by patents is expensive.

Neil

Fuji-whopper

Silver Member
*double post*
Wish there was a way to delete posts like this, if there is a way someone please teach me. Thank you.

Neil

Last edited:

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Making things isn't that expensive but learning how to make things that perform well, don't kill it's users and is protected by patents is expensive.

Neil

What piece of pool equipment has been known to kill the consumer?

Fuji-whopper

Silver Member

If you didn't take the comment out of context then it would make sense, do you report the news by any chance? And I have seen someone almost lose an eye because of a faulty Billiard product, my guess is that if you try hard enough you could come up with a piece of pool equipment that could possibly kill someone....challenge accepted!! Thank you.

Neil

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know a guy who killed another guy by hitting him in the back of the head with a cue outside the pool hall on Magnolia Blvd in Riverside, CA.

It wasn't a REVO...it didn't break in the process...it was a house cue.

Fuji-whopper

Silver Member
The easy answer would be a lathe, shit Ariel lost his fingers (luckily they didn't go far) to a router attached to the lathe but leaving the chuck key in while starting it or having long hair/long sleeves around a lathe could be bad news. Over time certain finishes or woods will kill you if you don't wear a respirator, some cuemakers are also allergic to certain materials and an Anaphylaxis will definitely end your life.

Neil

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are comical. obviously you can take pretty much anything and use it as a weapon and inflict bodily harm..f'in pool players...lmao.. I didn't take the comment out of context but apparently you did just that and went to the extreme with it..

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
Hmm, I probably should just stay out of this. But, I'm not :D I've hit with a REVO on a couple of occasions today being the second. I like the hit and the performance of the shaft. Yes it's expensive at this point being that you do have to buy a complete cue. However with that being said, anytime you pay for something you should take care of it, regardless of what it is.

Just my .02 cents.

Black Cat :cool:

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen players shatter shafts across tables at different levels of competition.
It really isn't going to matter what the material is... they aren't designed to be idiot proof.

The only thing you can hope for is that they are playing against you when it happens.

I have had few months with my Revo shaft without any concerns.
In this time, I have fixed/repaired dents and dings in at least 8 shafts for others; something I simply won't need to do for myself.
I did have to clean the shaft prior to a match yesterday; almost took me 10 seconds.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for showing us what is in a revo shaft. What we cant see is the lay up, the mpa of carbon used and the orientation of the fibres or the resins used. But clearly they are using a fairly high modulus carbon or else it would not have failed in that way. Like been said, it's a cue shaft not a baseball bat. Any strong lateral strike can cause a catastrophic failure of the cue shaft.
Neil

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Well anyone that treats a cue that way deserves this.

That being said, this revelation of seeing what's in there is hilarious to me. A Thin piece of Carbon Fiber tubing filled with a can of spray foam from Home Depot. So much for the $1300 price point being a result of "years of R&D" by Predator.

I guess it proves that there truly is a sucker born every minute.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha ha you guys are nuts complaining about the price. Yet it's ok for black boar or xyz cuemaker to charge 600 for a shaft made of plain maple wood.

I never understood Predator haters. You have some that think their low squirt shafts are marketing bs. Taking 1 shot with spin will instantly show you it's not bs. Now whether that low squirt will improve your game is another question.

And you have other haters complaining the price is too high. Predator puts a ton of money into this game. They advertise in every billiard publication. They sponsor almost every tournament I have ever seen. They sponsor a lot of players. People who play with their cues are generally very happy with them.

I wonder if people hate on predator simply because they are successful in our billiard world

Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I don't get all the negativity. I can see people preferring something else, but all the bagging on Predator is just silly. They make a product that does what they say it does. This shaft is no different and I'm not at all surprised by its construction, looks about like what I'd expect. You should see the wall thickness of a multi-thousand dollar carbon bike frame....you'd be amazed how thin it can be in spots. It can take a whole lot of R&D and testing to find just the right wall thickness and I'm sure it was the same for the foam inside to tune the feel and weight of the shaft.

I finally got to hit a few balls with one of these yesterday at a tournament. Have to say I was impressed. Felt nice to me and was definitely super low deflection! It was a little different feeling than solid maple, but not as much as I expected it to be.

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
carbon fiber

If any of you are hockey fans you must know how many of the sticks snap when the player takes a shot, defensemen are actually taught to use their skate blade to nick the other players stick while fighting for the puck in the corner so when he later tries to shoot the puck his stick will snap right at the nick, any nick or scrape on a piece of carbon fibre will eventually cause it to break when a force is applied to it.