C/F shaft and what not to do!

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
Nice!
Don't over mix or sand the dough!
I was planning on using 400 grit, but that biscuit flour is hell on the lungs.

There are at least 3 ways to apply finish to those biscuits. Caramelized custard is what i leaning towards. Extra cinnamon.

You have me thinking about corn bread now. I may have to do a batch.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually own one, but have never even considered using the "burnishing" part - I can imagine it twisting a tip right off (and have heard of them doing that).

pj
chgo
Same here.

Based on threads here I placed it once, as I imagine it is supposed to work, me shudder to think of what it would do, vs what it was supposed to do.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
There's a difference between warping and being not straight though...crappy production vs deterioration?

I think the post you quoted addressed the claim that 'blanks are $10 and some foam' is a simplistic analysis which implies finished shafts should be drastically cheaper than they are.
it is a simplistic analysis.................. because the CF shaft is simplistic.................... I know because I make them up from blanks............. and $500 for one is a hell of a profit...............

Kim

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys got it all wrong on these CF shafts. When something goes wrong on the finish, you just buy a new one.

The guys at Predator gotta eat too. :ROFLMAO:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let’s just say I made 1000 blanks, with no level of quality control. You buy them at $10/each. Let’s just say 200 are perfectly straight, 200 are close enough to use, and 600 have developed a warp and are unusable. You’ve now lost 60% of your purchase. $6000 down the drain. You have to recoup that cost. That’s the nature of the beast when it comes to reputable companies. You either pay for the quality product to reach you, or you buy in bulk and do the quality sorting yourself.

You should try and understand the logistics reputable companies have to go through to stay in business. And if it’s been to hard to understand what I’m saying, you’re not a reputable person. You don’t communicate with respect in the slightest. You just hurl insults at every perceivable option. Worse so that you cannot understand basics of doing business.

If a company in today's world is losing 60% of their product due to quality control, I'd run as fast as I can from them. I wouldn't let them build me a block of wood or glass of water.

Not trying to insult you here but, it's very clear to me you have not worked with a quality manufacturing firm and you have zero idea of what a reputable company is capable of.

60%...LMAO...who in their right mind would accept that.

I suppose on the flip side, if a company is willing to accept that then I would run away from them also because that tells me all they want to do is pay as little as possible and don't actually give a crap about quality and are only worried about quantity and profit. I value my cues too much to even consider a company like that.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is a simplistic analysis.................. because the CF shaft is simplistic.................... I know because I make them up from blanks............. and $500 for one is a hell of a profit...............

Kim
Then you should put up 5 of them so we can do some sort of blind test against the big names.

There is a big market share to be had with a $175 shaft that is of high quality.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
Ding ding ding
I'm making corn bread. The real stuff!
I know you can make make the real thing. Delicious and healthy.

Unlike this that's made with artificial nonsense.
Banner-Local-Brands_resize_74.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
do you want one to try??? send me $175...........
Not I, but it would be beyond interesting to see how a small producer's final product compares to the big guys' offerings.

I think almost all of us are aware the markup is likely huge, but that's what you get when you are an early adopter of a new product, or if you are the maker who is one of the first to market. Lots of r&d and marketing costs to recoup.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not I, but it would be beyond interesting to see how a small producer's final product compares to the big guys' offerings.

I think almost all of us are aware the markup is likely huge, but that's what you get when you are an early adopter of a new product, or if you are the maker who is one of the first to market. Lots of r&d and marketing costs to recoup.
I'm fortunate eneough to have worked on and hit with alot of the c/f shafts offered today. New one's seem to pop up all the time. The differences in them cover the Rainbow. Good or bad, it exist. People are interested in C/f eneogh to try them but the price plays a role in which one's they try.
A good example is one that is being sold, completely hollow. No fillers if any kind. A ferrule and a plug at the joint but not a capped plug. A customer asked if one could be made heavier?
It weighed around 2.8 oz. I checked it out and inserted a 12" drill bit to see how deep the hole was. Dropped it in and it went all the way thru and hit the ferrule. He paid around 300 for it, I said try to return it and get one where the Company actually invested in thier product.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are making corn bread in anything but a cast iron skillet you are missing out.
Great point, but it depends on which corn bread you want to make. The standard or the one that is more like a cake.
What's the difference. Lmao
A/p flour or bread flour
Oil or I can't believe it's not butter.
Straight corn meal or creamed corn added.
1 table spoon of honey for that 9x13 mix or straight up.
Hahahahaha
Cooking is a nice break.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
To burnish any tip that I dress I spit on the leather while spinning it up, and use the back side of a crocus cloth strip.
As far as CF shafts, have no clue

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
Great point, but it depends on which corn bread you want to make. The standard or the one that is more like a cake.
What's the difference. Lmao
A/p flour or bread flour
Oil or I can't believe it's not butter.
Straight corn meal or creamed corn added.
1 table spoon of honey for that 9x13 mix or straight up.
Hahahahaha
Cooking is a nice break.
Now I’m hungry!!