Castle Billiards NJ, throw player out for being too good

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ramesh Danny Gokul

"Can't believe what just happened...playing in a handicapped tournament at Castle Billiards in NJ...I'm at the highest handicap....Lost my first match yesterday and won the next 5 on the one loss side...came back today with 8 players left...the tournament director decides that I play too good and kicks me out, giving me my entry back...ain't that some B.S???"

Personally can't believe this happened. First the CSI scandal now this. There were a bunch of comments on this from to players such as Appleton and shaw etc saying things like welcome to the US pool world and yes this is normal by other players.
This is normal? Even worse many were indicating that race had something to do with it or the TD had a stake in someone else. First was $1700 I think.

Most will disagree, but handicaps (not pro players) will destroy pool in America.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Oh, Danny Boy, the racks, the racks are calling
All the balls, goin' down the ball return,
If I can hide the speed I’m playing,
This could be my tournament to burn.

Signed up and paid my spot at Castle,
Told ‘em I suppose I’m about an “A”,
I think TD Scott, took it line and sinker,
Oh, Danny Boy, oh Danny Boy, how I love myself this day

But when ye came, and watched me shootin’,
And it looked a lot like I had lied,
You did some diggin’, and said I’m done here
I knelt and begged; even softly cried....

Oh Danny Boy, Oh Danny Boy . . .

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
"Can't believe what just happened...playing in a handicapped tournament at Castle Billiards in NJ...I'm at the highest handicap....Lost my first match yesterday and won the next 5 on the one loss side...came back today with 8 players left...the tournament director decides that I play too good and kicks me out, giving me my entry back...ain't that some B.S???"

So you tried to rob a tournament and got caught and you're going to blame the TD? hmmm....

stupid-meme1.jpeg

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, Danny Boy, the racks, the racks are calling
All the balls, goin' down a ball return,
If I can hide the speed I’m playing,
This could be my tournament to burn.

Signed up and paid my spot at Castle,
Told ‘em I suppose I’m about an “A”,
I think TD Scott, took it line and sinker,
Oh, Danny Boy, oh Danny Boy, how I love myself this day

But when ye came, and watched me shootin’,
And it looked a lot like I had lied,
You did some diggin’, and said I’m done here
I knelt and begged; even softly cried....

Oh Danny Boy, Oh Danny Boy . . .

best,
brian kc

LOL, thanks needed a good chuckle.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Question. Why were there other open players there allowed to play?

Can you be more specific? Who were these open players?

What a lot of people dont understand is that we all know each other. We all play against each other and know each others speeds. So when a random shows up and sneaks in... they're suspect. They're watched... researched. These tournaments are for locals and regulars, this dude was lucky they let him play to begin with. They trusted that he wasn't a monster and turns out, he lied. Oh well...

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This guy was at clifton billiard the whole next night playing a local Open level player
(Who wasn't able to compete in the Tristate tournament ) and drilling him......you snuck
You way into that tournament at castle. And would have robbed it. Don't play like u don't
Know what you and your boys were doing or that someone else is wrong.

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Question. Why were there other open players there allowed to play?

I think Castle Scotty was quoting from some other press release in post #19. Methinks it was a copy/paste faux pas, and he (Simon) forgot to attribute the source of the text.

-Sean

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good job Scotty!! I'm sure anyone who had known you were the TD would have NO doubts about your action.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The issue is how do you deal with the players he beat before being kicked out? Do they get their entry fee back also? Give them free or 1/2 price entry to the next tournament? Do nothing?

He won 5 on the losers side which means 5 people got sent packing by a better than A level player.

Seems from the tournament rules they were right for kicking you out, although an A player can be very hard to tell apart from an Open on any given night.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
The issue is how do you deal with the players he beat before being kicked out? Do they get their entry fee back also? Give them free or 1/2 price entry to the next tournament? Do nothing?

He won 5 on the losers side which means 5 people got sent packing by a better than A level player.

Seems from the tournament rules they were right for kicking you out, although an A player can be very hard to tell apart from an Open on any given night.

I was once on the wrong end of this situation. Play a "B+" who's never been seen before in the hotseat match. End of the set, they bump him to an A after watching him play. I come back to play him in the finals, mid set they bump him to an A+. He still wins with little effort. Turns out he was a road player that snuck in, robbed me of winning the tournament and first place money... Sucks but what can you do? Wish they would have caught it like Scotty did.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
Ramesh Danny Gokul

Personally can't believe this happened. First the CSI scandal now this. There were a bunch of comments on this from to players such as Appleton and shaw etc saying things like welcome to the US pool world and yes this is normal by other players.
This is normal? Even worse many were indicating that race had something to do with it or the TD had a stake in someone else. First was $1700 I think.

The Final Destination Weekend was a complete success. I had 27 players for the friday night 9ball event. For the $1000 8-ball event I had a rediculiously tough field of 38 from all over Illinois and beyond.

9-ball results

1st Danny Gokuhl (London, England) $250
2nd Donny Durand (Peoria, Illinois) $200
3rd Steve Boucher (St. Louis, Illinois) $130
4th Mike Dunklin (Bloomington, Illinois) $80
5th/6th Michael Verkruyse (Champaign Illinois) $40
5th/6th Dustin Wilgus (Champaign Illinois) $40

Ramesh "Danny" Gokhul was the champion this weekend. Winning both the 8 ball and 9 ball events. Friday night he went undefeated and Saturday night he came fighting to earn the hot seat against Jason Klatt. Klatt defeated Gokhul in a fantastic match that ended 7-6. Also Saturday night, the young gun Martin Zavala Jr. took on Donny Thompson for the right to play Klatt in the hot seat. Zavala defeated Thompson 7-4. This set up the matches between Stephen Boucher and Donnie Thompson along with Gokhul and Ike Runnels on the one loss side and Zavala Jr taking on Jason Klatt in the hot seat. Boucher took on Thompson and defeated Thompson 7-3 and in a two hour spectacle, Gokhul defeared Runnels on the hill, 7-6. In the hot seat Klatt took on Zavala jr and was victorious in a 7-2 margin. The next match Gokhul took down Boucher in a 7-5 fashion. Zavala jr had a shot at redemption to face Klatt but Gokhul would have none of it, defeating Zavala 7-3. The main event was set up as Gokhul returned to take on Klatt. In order to win Gokhul had to defeat Klatt twice. Gokhul hit a gear spectators hadn't seen all weekend and defeated Klatt 7-2 and 7-1 to become the Final Destination 8-ball Champion!

A special thank you to everyone who attended.

Results

1st-Ramesh "Danny" Gokhul (London, England) $880/$1,230
2nd-Jason Klatt (Bloomington, Illinois) $500/$600
3rd-Martin Zavala Jr. (Joliet, Illinois) $240/$400
4th-Stephen Boucher (St. Louis, Illinois) $180/$200
5th/6th- Ike Runnels (Kankakee, Illinois) $120
5th/6th- Donny Thompson (Ottawa, Illinois) $120
7th/8th- Gene Albrecht (?, Wisconsin) $80
7th/8th- Dawayne Pearson (St. Louis, Illinois) $80

So, to be clear, the OP cleaned house at a weekend event that was open to pros and is whining about getting kicked out of a ABCD event?

Attachments

• dafuq.png
    dafuq.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,061
  • stupid.png
    stupid.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,078

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Guy on the right.

#actionknocked
#sucksbro
#theinernetkilledroadplayers
#imustberacist

10177344_632816923473564_6213708589040632119_n.jpg

Last edited:

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP's choice to post his viewpoint of events, may not have been in his best interest.:rolleyes:

Sneaking around is not easy at best.

Drawing attention to yourself by posting in a 'players'/serious amateur forum looking for sympathy and justice did at least yield some 'justice'.

Imbw but if staying in the weeds was the plan..might be time for a new plan, or a new PR man.

At this stage..why not just enter open/pro level events and whack em there.;)