Center Pocket Music, the long-awaited CTE Pro One book, by Stan Shuffett.

JC

Coos Cues
I just do not understand why the naysayers of Pro1 feel the need to chime in with their dislike and negative comments about CTE/Pro1 in each and every aiming thread. If you dont like it or believe in it that is your prerogative but unless asked this would be a much more pleasant place if you kept to yourself, I doubt that anybody really cares if someone here doesnt like it. If someone calls the Aiming Police you will then know its your turn to share your thoughts (for about the 10,000th time, must be how some of you get your post count so high, thats one to be proud of)
Each and every one is a rebuttal so there must also be 10,000 examples of extraordinary claims of this mumbo jumbo that came first.

Everyone can't be a good example, some serve as a strong warning.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Each and every one is a rebuttal so there must also be 10,000 examples of extraordinary claims of this mumbo jumbo that came first.

Everyone can't be a good example, some serve as a strong warning.
To me it simply looks like the same garbage spewed over and over again, apparently they dont want people to like Pro1. All I can say about it is that after getting a lesson from Tyler Styer a couple of years ago and finally putting the system to use a couple of months ago it works well for me. Im not here to tell other people to use or not to use it, thats their choice, I was just looking for comments about success with Pro1 from other people but its difficult ton sift thru the info with the same people degrading it over and over again in any thread that discusses it. I didnt know that Aiming Police protection came free with membership.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
No, it doesn't.

CTE aiming is accomplished by experience-based estimation ("feel") with the assistance of objective reference points - exactly like every other aiming method.

The unique thing about CTE is the number of users who (need to?) believe the nonsense that it's "uniquely objective". That mistaken belief obscures the facts, making CTE actually more subjective than other methods.

pj
chgo
We don't "need" to believe anything. The proof is on the table. You know nothing of the process, you have never been willing to learn it. And on top of all that your "aiming" is literally fidget until you feel right. No one said CTE is uniquely objective. We said it is objective and it is.

Anyway I would be remiss if I didn't also thank you for carrying the aiming discussions into motivation to go farther with them. Your haterade has become the power juice to get to this level of great information available to the public. You're #2 on the hater-credit list. And you have inspired me to revisit fidget-aiming and show it on video and give you full credit.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
@JB Cases

Line of centers just locates the balls. It's a more concise positioning scheme than edges per the correct single eye if Stan was looking. Your impressions of CTE tend to confirm my belief that it's a Goldberg contraption of an approach to a very simple problem.
Believe what you want. If you like to gamble I have 10,000 to bet on Stan Shuffett against ANY other player alive who wants to burn your money. The proof is on the table.

Also locating the balls is SUPER EASY. They are on the table. Line of centers DOES NOT locate the shot line except on a straight in shot.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just do not understand why the naysayers of Pro1 feel the need to chime in with their dislike and negative comments about CTE/Pro1 in each and every aiming thread. If you dont like it or believe in it that is your prerogative but unless asked this would be a much more pleasant place if you kept to yourself, I doubt that anybody really cares if someone here doesnt like it. If someone calls the Aiming Police you will then know its your turn to share your thoughts (for about the 10,000th time, must be how some of you get your post count so high, thats one to be proud of)
The reason for your frustration is that CTE is presented as more of a faith based pursuit than a fact based one. When inconsistencies and even flat out errors are made by Stan some of us ask for a clarification. After all, this is a discussion forum. I watched Stan's first 8 videos and had some questions and comments. I posted them here politely to mohrt and he politely gave me non-answers. Most of the time our questions are met with insults so I appreciate at least the tone of mohrt's replies.

I've learned that people involved in faith based pursuits are not persuaded by facts. They are threatened by them. My comments are mostly geared toward new people who want to understand more about CTE. They have not yet been seduced by the promise of a short cut to excellence and are still able to weigh both sides of the issue. If you don't like opposing viewpoints then you might consider sticking to Stan's private facebook page

JC

Coos Cues
Believe what you want. If you like to gamble I have 10,000 to bet on Stan Shuffett against ANY other player alive who wants to burn your money. The proof is on the table.

Also locating the balls is SUPER EASY. They are on the table. Line of centers DOES NOT locate the shot line except on a straight in shot.
There are hundreds of player who would rob Stan blind and never heard of his aiming system. Better hope they don't get wind of your foolish claim.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Are you speaking of a 10ball, 9ball, 8ball, or 1pocket match?

Lou Figueroa

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
lou
play him 1 pocket
should be a steal for you since you think cte is gobablygook (sp :) )
and you know so much and play so good

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lou
play him 1 pocket

I saw what you previously posted before editing.

Regardless, are you really that incapable of reading the simplest of words posted here?

JB said: “If you like to gamble I have 10,000 to bet on Stan Shuffett against ANY other player alive who wants to burn your money.”

You have got to be the most worthless of trolls on the pool forums nowadays.

Lou Figueroa

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Stan Shuffett won't be on 100% CTE. I'm from the 70s. Is 10,000 the new 100?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lou
play him 1 pocket

Come on, Larry, you want to be in the mix?

You think ,CTE is the nuts and the critics are all full of shit?

You want to get your nose into everything and make games?

Let’s play, Larry. Put your big brass nuts on the line for $10K.

oh, I know. Go head, Larry, and puss out, after trying to get others to play when you have zero heart yourself.

Lou Figueroa

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I saw what you previously posted before editing.

Regardless, are you really that incapable of reading the simplest of words posted here?

JB said: “If you like to gamble I have 10,000 to bet on Stan Shuffett against ANY other player alive who wants to burn your money.”

You have got to be the most worthless of trolls on the pool forums nowadays.

Lou Figueroa
Thanks for the compliment coming from you 😝

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

oh, I know. Go head, Larry, and puss out, after trying to get others to play when you have zero heart yourself.

Lou Figueroa
Lou
your zero heart is well known
doent take much gamble or heart to challenge me
You play better than me
you know that
and would win
Hope that makes your day 😝

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou
your zero heart is well known
doent take much gamble or heart to challenge me
You play better than me
you know that
and would win
Hope that makes your day 😝

The lowest form of life in a pool room is the guy sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, trying to make a game for two other players.

Lou Figueroa

lou
play him 1 pocket
should be a steal for you since you think cte is gobablygook (sp )

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
Is this the same 10k where you get backed for the 8k and get the other 2k from your wife?

Jesus H Christ --- haven't been here forever and the moment I pop in .... nothing but retard-talk. You seem to strut around like a peacock to people who aren't real players...but if someone could play-play, you wouldn't bet you're alive. Just to clarify: If I played your speed and Barton lipped off, I'd withdraw $20k from my 401k if I didn't have the cash and wouldn't let anyone in on my "get" and would cover the rail as well. AND...I wouldn't ask my wife for permission because it's just what it is.

I took a piece of John's action not because I thought he was the favorite (no one thought he was the favorite). I took a piece of his action just for the micro-chance...a "glitch in the matrix" kind of thing, where if he beat you, I'd get to laugh about it for decades... it was worth the donation just for that chance LOL. Why don't you put up 10k and play Tyler or someone like that? Or is it only big-fish-eats-tiny-fish logic in your world? Otherwise, it's just "which non-player plays the best of all the non-players." Lou... The Highest-Betting King Kong of All the Non-Players

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JB - you sure you want to make that bet? I could probably scare up a dozen top pro players who would take that bet. It is enough money to get some attention.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The lowest form of life in a pool room is the guy sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, trying to make a game for two other players.

Lou Figueroa
The lowest form of life in a pool room is usually you. !!!!!!!!!!!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is this the same 10k where you get backed for the 8k and get the other 2k from your wife?

Jesus H Christ --- haven't been here forever and the moment I pop in .... nothing but retard-talk. You seem to strut around like a peacock to people who aren't real players...but if someone could play-play, you wouldn't bet you're alive. Just to clarify: If I played your speed and Barton lipped off, I'd withdraw $20k from my 401k if I didn't have the cash and wouldn't let anyone in on my "get" and would cover the rail as well. AND...I wouldn't ask my wife for permission because it's just what it is.
Nice to see you posting spidey 😀👍
hope all is well

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many people labor for years and years to write a book, so IMO, effort has little to do it.

So it's $100 plus shipping -- does anyone know if it's a hardcover? HIs promo had it look that way but upon closer inspection it appears to have just been a mock-up on a piece of wood.

Lou Figueroa
It has been long time since I ventured into this place.
However, since I now have, (in my formerly nicotine stained hands), Stan's master encyclopedia of how to properly aim and stroke pool balls to improve one's game, I thought I might find something different in here.
But, nope...here's the same old negative "know nothings" blasting something they know practically nothing about. Just as they have for years.
White, Johnson, Figueroa, and a few new ones. Still ranting and raving about something of which they know VERY LITTLE.
And then comes Figueroa, one of the most bitter and mean spirited people I've ever had the sorry displeasure to read, suggesting that Stan's book might "be a mockup on a piece of wood". How disgusting of you, Figueora. How disgusting,
To those who have open minds, this is a MASSIVE publication, put together with the quality of what we used to refer to as "coffee table books". Superior quality in materials, hundreds of actual photos, drawings, and a TOTAL EXPLANATION of how CTE REALLY works. You will understand completely that pool is first a VISUAL GAME and not a physical game. Once you KNOW how to use your eyes correctly, you can have a somewhat wonky stroke and still execute satisfactorily to a great degree. HOWEVER, A GOOD STROKE JUST MAKES IT ALL THE BETTER.
Stan spends a lot of time in this book on stroke structure and the various methods of stroking to accomplish desired objectives. This is a publication of epic proportions and will be used for years as a TEXT at the table for deep, intelligent, study of the game.
As for a "block of wood"...the only one I can think of in this place is the block of wood that rests on Figueroa's neck.

Last edited: