Chalk Wars Photography - Photos of Battle Damage. Post Up!

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry guys, it wasn't so much the chalk but more its warrior status. It's one of two pieces of chalk that I always carry in any luggage!

I do need to find some chalk that I've taped back together to keep using...

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Salvaged masters. The smaller pieces fit in a altoids tin that is always in my case.Survivors from blue ferrule attackers.

Attachments

• 20160601_101709.jpg
    20160601_101709.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 816

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After I cut back on smoking and drinking I went with chalk next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 811

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After I cut back on smoking and drinking I went with chalk next.

Ever notice that color and red have to be the worst chalk anyone can use on a blue or green felt.

Still waiting for someone to post up a picture of the sullied battlefield after someone like Joey Barnes has been matched up. It aint purty

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the first photo, not to sure about the ( hat ) almost looks like a witches hat ?
Only saying that because my wife has a hat exactly like that one ......

Cool photo ,,,

Some needs to invent chalk that has a hour meter on it .

I finally figured out what you meant.
Those are two screen capture shots from the opening of the color of money, that showed a used cone of talc chalk and a drilled out cube of masters chalk.

Those appear with the voice over by Martin Scorsese describing the rules of nine ball. Quite simply the best opening to a pool movie ever.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Cone

I finally figured out what you meant.
Those are two screen capture shots from the opening of the color of money, that showed a used cone of talc chalk and a drilled out cube of masters chalk.

Those appear with the voice over by Martin Scorsese describing the rules of nine ball. Quite simply the best opening to a pool movie ever.

I see it now, looks odd to me at first.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some really excellent photos posted so far - a lot of stories in those worn down cubes of chalk.

I found these on a Google search....for the drillers out there...

Still looking for some more battle chalk and stories.
Maybe Darren or John Brumback or Mike Dechaine can chime in. Do the pros ever keep the Chalk they used after winning a big tourney? Like when a baseball player seeks out the ball after a milestone homerun.

John Brumback

Silver Member
Some really excellent photos posted so far - a lot of stories in those worn down cubes of chalk.

I found these on a Google search....for the drillers out there...

Still looking for some more battle chalk and stories.
Maybe Darren or John Brumback or Mike Dechaine can chime in. Do the pros ever keep the Chalk they used after winning a big tourney? Like when a baseball player seeks out the ball after a milestone homerun.

Well,I was just reading this and looking at the neat pics and saw my name mentioned haha.

I was at a tourney and saw Jay Swanson out on the sidewalk crouched down so I walked over to see what he was doing. He was scrubbing his green masters chalk on the concrete to wear it down half way. Never seen anyone do that before or since,lol

I have never thought about keeping any chalk.

I have about a half a box of "Club" chalk that I have had for probably 30 years that I bought from an old pool room near my home town that was closing. How many have head of "Club chalk" ? When I was growing up it was the only chalk around these parts.

If anyone would like a piece of it for a collection or whatever.I would be glad to send them a cube of it. Keep up the good chalk war stories.:thumbup: John B.

PS: My fav now is Magic Chalk. It's a great chalk,imo.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I usually lose my chalk before it ever gets to this point. The most common fate for my chalk is to be forgotten at the pool hall. I'm getting better though!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
image.jpg

Far right ...that's how my chalk wears
Next three...these guys are drillers....but when chalk is bought...gets respect.
Second from left....they were drilling for oil...what the hell....it was house chalk

Far left...result of miscuing at hill/hill...the chalk deserved it...:mad:

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Clik professional chalk from the Brunswick Balke Colander company ... drilled by someone else.

Dave <-- also has an unused piece

Attachments

• clik pro chalk.jpg
    clik pro chalk.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 459

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I bought a few sets of Aramith Tournament balls from Shawn Putnam in 2007 that were used in a tourney held in California Jan or Feb 2007. He placed one of his cards in the box of the set that was used in the finals (Busti v. Archer), this chalk was in the box.

Dave

Attachments

• Chalk 001.jpg
    Chalk 001.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 537
  • Chalk 002.jpg
    Chalk 002.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 449
Last edited: