Challenge of Champions dump

Perspective is everything.

The only reason this match is even being watched is because of the 20/1 odds ....and I would like to know who made those odds, they are the ones that "dumped vegas," not Buddy and Mike.....no one in their right mind would make a US OPEN CHAMPION (Mike Lebron) a 20/1 DOG with 8 players playing single elimination races to 7. imho

There were no races to 7 in this tourney.

ONB

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As I said in the opening post, I watched that match when it happened. Then again after I read the posts on AZB about it. Watching it again you can see a totally different game going on.

This is what I said all along...once someone puts an idea in your head then it takes root and everything then confirms it.

Without the allegation then it looks a normal match where shots were dogged. With the allegation suddenly the paradigm shifts and now every mistake is clearly on purpose.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.once someone establishes a belief it's impossible for human power to change it.

This is what I said all along...once someone puts an idea in your head then it takes root and everything then confirms it.

Without the allegation then it looks a normal match where shots were dogged. With the allegation suddenly the paradigm shifts and now every mistake is clearly on purpose.

This is the "difference that makes all the difference," and something that scientists have to be careful of in their experiments.

The experiment will always revert towards the original belief system of the observers. This is what's really happening when people watch this match thinking there's "business" being done.....once someone establishes a belief it's impossible for human power to change it. 'The Game is the Teacher'

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the "difference that makes all the difference," and something that scientists have to be careful of in their experiments.

The experiment will always revert towards the original belief system of the observers. This is what's really happening when people watch this match thinking there's "business" being done.....once someone establishes a belief it's impossible for human power to change it. 'The Game is the Teacher'

And that's why you refuse to see it's a dump, I'm glad you finally understand the reason behind this !!!

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
once someone establishes a belief it's impossible for human power to change it. 'The Game is the Teacher'

...and yet you and a John will keep posting, insisting that Buddy didn't dump and that you know what we don't.

Reread your own words, let them sink in, and just stop trying to make people see it from YOUR perspective.

B <------------- the blindness is the teacher

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The bottom line here is that once Buddy got on that combination he should have just made it and everyone should have taken their losses. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Who would believe he would miss that combo especially as bad as he did.
I was there and there was no doubt in my mind what was happening.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...And the people he beat ? ...

Repeating from post #253:

• 1991 Challenge of Champions, First Round:
Hall def. Hopkins 5-3
Lebron d. Rempe 5-4
Davenport d. Sigel 5-4
Howard d. Varner 5-0

• Second Round (Semi-Finals):
Hall d. Davenport 5-3
Lebron d. Howard 5-3

• Finals:
Lebron d. Hall 9-8

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The bottom line here is that once Buddy got on that combination he should have just made it and everyone should have taken their losses. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet. Who would believe he would miss that combo especially as bad as he did.

Thanks Frank, some people (Millions actually!) still believe in Creation as opposed to Evolution. They truly believe the Earth is only 6000 years old in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. We live in an age of mass ignorance, and this thread is one small example of that. :cool:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Repeating from post #253:

• 1991 Challenge of Champions, First Round:
Hall def. Hopkins 5-3
Lebron d. Rempe 5-4
Davenport d. Sigel 5-4
Howard d. Varner 5-0

• Second Round (Semi-Finals):
Hall d. Davenport 5-3
Lebron d. Howard 5-3

• Finals:
Lebron d. Hall 9-8

So Rempe dumped. Made it 5:4, I guess to make it seem close.

Howard dumped. Won the first three games making hard shots to go 3:0 then dumped five games in a row.

Hall dumped. - Made it hill-hill and then ran down to an "easy" combo that he missed on purpose.

Like I said the most idiotic dumpers on the planet.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thanks Frank, some people (Millions actually!) still believe in Creation as opposed to Evolution. They truly believe the Earth is only 6000 years old in spite of all the evidence to the contrary. We live in an age of mass ignorance, and this thread is one small example of that. :cool:

Would you put your hand on a bible in front of a grand jury and swear that you know FOR A FACT that these men committed grand larceny and conspiracy to defraud?

Or would you say it's just your strong feeling that this is what happened?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Then you agree that they are the stupidest dumpers on Earth?

Rempe 5:4

Howard first three games tough run outs - 3:0 loses 5-3. Kinda silly way to dump isn't it?

Hall, hill hill runs out when he doesn't have to to set himself up for what you call an easy combo - kind of stupid to go that far when he could have rattled a ball before that.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The reason behind the misses just explains the misses.

It would be like wondering why your wife seems to go to the gym a lot lately till someone tells you she was see in a car with the gardener, then the "gym going" has an explanation.

The proof was in the game, not what I read about it.

It's not just missing shots or getting bad position, it's trying to play the shots at speeds that would give you a good chance of getting hooked behind a ball. It's so obvious if you see it.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If you want to have a Good Dump, try 7-11s nachos with chili cheese sauce.

I have fallen into that trap many times.

Hmmm, this will go good with a cold beer or 2 at 12am.

The next morning, if yer butt isn't glued to the toilette seat, yer a better Mexican than I.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Challenge of Champions

I have known dabarbr long enough to know HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Would you put your hand on a bible in front of a grand jury and swear that you know FOR A FACT that these men committed grand larceny and conspiracy to defraud?

Or would you say it's just your strong feeling that this is what happened?

Forget all that nonsense. We aren't EVER going to court and swearing on the bible means nothing anyway. People perjure themselves every day after swearing on a bible. What I will do John is bet you $10,000 I can prove it beyond any shadow of a doubt that it happened. So put up or shut up! I can post immediately if not sooner.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Well, if that ain't the Bet of the century.

John seems to like those lately.

For ten grand, Jay can prove it beyond a shadow of doubt.

For ten grand, John has the opportunity to disprove it beyond a shadow of doubt.

I have a strong feeling on this one.