Cowboy Jimmy Moore - Obviously Using Center to Edge

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gee. Why am i not surprised.
Shark75.

6 posts in and they are all about CTE. Like you didn't come here with an agenda.

Total bunch of garbage this pumping up and sell CTE to the world at all costs.

I assume that this thread will also become a cesspool for the CTE groupie fest that undoubtedly is about to take place.

It appears to atract the non-triers and non-believers who like to trash talk about something they know very little of.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
I watched a great match between Cowboy Jimmy Moore and Wimpy Luther Lassiter that was on Classic ESPN the other day. It was very obvious to me how Jimmy was making balls. He cues on the edge of the cue ball and then on the last stroke moves to the center of the ball. For those of you who dont know, he was using an aiming system called Center to Edge. I know that Efren, Bustamante and other top players use it, but Jimmy really makes it obvious. Jimmys high run is 236 and finished second in the world championships multiple times. He ran 100 balls a day after his 80th birthday! Unfortunately this great champion died a while ago. I've been using CTE for a few years now, and it allowed me to greatly improve my game. If anyone out there has seemed to plateau, look for that match, DVR it, watch Jimmy and go to the pool hall and practice. Its great that these past champions can still teach us after they have gone! Thanks for the lesson Jimmy!!

Wait, you have the backwards. He was using ETC.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By golly you are right...How did you know that???

because this topic has been discussed 4 million times and not too long ago, Hal was overly aggresive in 'selling' CTE to everyone and anyone. Anyone listening at all in the pool world the last 15 years would have known that.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Pretty soon, CTE is going to be attributed to every single champion of the past century. (without a shred of proof obviously)

Shark75

Registered
Gee. Why am i not surprised.
Shark75.

6 posts in and they are all about CTE. Like you didn't come here with an agenda.

Total bunch of garbage this pumping up and sell CTE to the world at all costs.

I assume that this thread will also become a cesspool for the CTE groupie fest that undoubtedly is about to take place.
Geez you guys are hostile! I just posted an innocent message about a pool match I saw on ESPN thinking it might help someones game, and you guys think I work for the Russians or something. Why do you get so emotional about an aiming system?? Sorry I'm married with two kids with a real job and dont have all day to sit on a stupid message board and post thousands of posts.

Why dont you guys move out of your mom's basement and get a life!

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Regarding Efren and CTE. I personally met the guy who taught it to Efren decades ago. If fact...he was the one who taught it to me. Efren flew from the Philipines to meet up with him here in the states. Efren never admits to using it but if you watch him closely you can tell he shoots with CTE. His pivot is very small compared to Jimmy Moore. There are also different ways to pivot that players use to hide the technique. I will sometimes pivot in the air not on the table or pivot ever shot from the left (this is what Bustamante does as well).

hehe... you make CaliRed's LMFAOAI (Laughing my F*&^ing As* Off At It) Award!!!

Professional Pool Players HIDE the technique?? hehe --- That's FUNny!

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I think a lot of players idiosyncracies are being picked apart and misinterpreted as some kind of secret (or not so secret) technique which may or may not be a contributing factor to their awesomeness.

Where I am a little suspicious is, there are a lot of shortstop and low level pros who are very consistent and accurate potters without relying on any conscious aiming system. I just can't believe they can achieve this standard by feel and other top players can not. It's just not that hard to pot balls consistently if your alignement is accurate and you can push through in a straight line.

I don't doubt that some of these guys LEARNED using CTE or whatever aiming system you want to substitute. But I would be surprised to find out that they can't recognize a quarter or half ball hit. If they are anything like any pro player I've ever spoken to, the only thing that runs through their head is "3 ball corner pocket, I want to leave the cueball here".

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pretty soon, CTE is going to be attributed to every single champion of the past century. (without a shred of proof obviously)

CTE works, and I do not care where it came from, who was the father, it is like 20 Y/O Scotch...DARN GOOD!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Geez you guys are hostile! I just posted an innocent message about a pool match I saw on ESPN thinking it might help someones game, and you guys think I work for the Russians or something. Why do you get so emotional about an aiming system?? Sorry I'm married with two kids with a real job and dont have all day to sit on a stupid message board and post thousands of posts.

Ignore the TROLLS!!!
trolls.jpg

Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shark75,

This subject has ignited a few posts in the past and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not your fault. I would like to welcome you to the forum and hope you can get past a little ribbing by some of the others. Do a search of CTE and you will find the reason for them poking fun. Good to have you here!:welcome::poke:

Best,
Mike

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
How do you use center to edge when making a combo, or carom?

Is there a way to use it to make a safety?

How about when you have pass close to a ball that makes the pocket smaller?

Last edited:

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Two of the funniest thoughts ever posted on AZB...

1) Efren flew to the US decades ago to meet some mysterious master of aiming. Considering Efren's economic background....L-O-L. Who was this master? Oh....you wouldn't know him...L-O-L

2) You notice a subtle CTE pivot in Jimmy Moore's stroke, but fail to notice the most glaring slip stroke EVAR...L-O-L

Thanks for the giggles...this CTE stuff is an endless laugh parade.

CatLaugh.jpg

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
Had the distinct pleasure of watching Jimmy Moore in action at Albq. in the past. He was up in years and still a monster, if you weren't on the business end of his cue he was a friendly monster. He told me one time that he didn't need to aim anymore as it was memorex that took over, align-stroke-fire. A great champion, welcome to the forum, the beatings will continue until morale improves.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Shark75 needs to try CTE, no it is not easy for some people to get a grip on fast, but when you connect the DOTS! It is like anything else. You know the SECRET,(<<<<-----Video LINK) and it will work for you.

I have an idea for a CTE Training Device, that I will be talking to JB Cases about putting together in a couple of DAYS. John as many know is the Product Developement Manager for Sterling Gaming, and if john like the idea, I sure it would be a hot Item for Pool Player to make learning CTE, as easy as 1,2, 3.
:wink:

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member

I hear that in 1908 Johnny Kling, catcher for the Chicago Cubs, leaned over the box seats to catch a foul ball and met young Hal Houle. The next year Kling took off from baseball and won the World Pocket Billiard Championship. A mere coincidence you say? Perhaps not .... :)

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Two of the funniest thoughts ever posted on AZB...

1) Efren flew to the US decades ago to meet some mysterious master of aiming. Considering Efren's economic background....L-O-L. Who was this master? Oh....you wouldn't know him...L-O-L

2) You notice a subtle CTE pivot in Jimmy Moore's stroke, but fail to notice the most glaring slip stroke EVAR...L-O-L

Thanks for the giggles...this CTE stuff is an endless laugh parade.

CatLaugh.jpg

In all fairness that is the best and most accentuated slip stroke I've ever seen. I'm actually a little jealous, I won't lie. Sometimes when things are perfected it's hard to recognize it.