CTE automatically corrects stroke issues

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Apparently this is another benefit of CTE. If you don't hit the CB properly the system doesn't work.
I was wondering--seeing as I'm having a hard time figuring out CTE--does anyone know of a different aiming system that also corrects stroke issues.
I have a bad habit of twisting my wrist on some shots so one that corrects that would be helpful.
There is none. The whole thing (aiming "correcting" your stroke) is complete hogwash that cannot be believed by a thinking person.

An aiming system can help you point the cue in the right direction. You yourself have to find a system to align your body correctly in order to stroke on the line provided. If you want help to stop twisting, try stroking the cue back and forth and focus on the cue moving in a straight line, while just "forming" your hand around it. At the very least you'll become acutely aware of the influence your hand is having.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Get a ghost ball aim trainer, it lets you shoot right at the shot line. If cte was excact in finding the aim line(which it isn't) how does knowing where to hit the cue ball straighten the stroke??? Shouldn't the ghost ball aim trainer do the same according to your theory.

You may have a bad stroke and nothing cures it unless you change something about what your bodies doing.

A straight in long shot is all you need to practice. Figure out what's going wrong with you.

What's next...cte cures covid.
Lol, you're hilarious. You aim using a system and yet you knock cte.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Cte doesn't fix stroke issues. But it certainly improves focus and allows a player to let go of any doubt on the aiming. This helps with the stroke in my opinion.

Just tonight I was playing and after the aiming was done and I am addressing the shot I was consciously focused on delivering the cue correctly with the right amount of speed and spin.

It is a beautiful thing to release the cue and watch it float down table and pocket the ball. For me cte is a wonderful way to aim because the shot line is clear and the mind is free to let the cue work.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Says the dude who pulls the ghost ball template to correct his CTE which takes him to the shot line .
Yes, if I am practicing and having trouble I sometimes use a ghost ball template to check my results.

I also had vision problems these past three years. Recently I had surgery to replace the lenses and now I see the balls with crisp clarity.
You hold onto this as if it invalidates cte. Nothing I do validates or invalidates cte. I do my videos on the fly with nothing scripted. So if I pull out a template to help myself understand a shot that is just me and has nothing to do with cte.

When I first started messing with cte I used ghost ball templates to sort of reverse engineer it. The reasoning is that since any aiming system must resolve to ghost ball then it must also be possible to go back from ghost ball.

And it is.

So my habit when I am having trouble is to use the ghost ball template. Is that a problem for you?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Yes, if I am practicing and having trouble I sometimes use a ghost ball template to check my results.
Then it doesn't take you to the aiming line . DUH!
If it does, balls go in .

When someone recommends it, it's not legit .
But, when you use it , it's for CTE .

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Then it doesn't take you to the aiming line . DUH!
If it does, balls go in .

When someone recommends it, it's not legit .
But, when you use it , it's for CTE .
How anyone can be as dense as you are and still breathing is a medical miracle.

Ok ready, sit down for this revelation......

You ready yet?

Ok here we go.

When a person is practicing they can use any tools they need to. When learning a technique like center to edge they can use ghost ball templates if they want to. In fact I recommend it.

I used to set up shots at one end using the template to double check and then sat up the same shots without it to get confident that the line was right.

Now I don't need them at all. The latest service pack and my new lenses have made everything so much better.

cte aiming is the royal lockdown Hungarian nuts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As for recommending ghost ball, I tell everyone that ghost ball is a tool that absolutely has usefulness. I just think that it is not the best way to aim. Ghost ball templates however are excellent tools for learning other aiming systems. Better for that than they are for learning ghost ball.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The CTE method of playing the game will definitely straighten out a stroke.
IF the player allows it to do so...and keeps an open mind.
CTE ProOne Patch very small.jpg

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pardon me if you basics are not solid, CTE is like giving someone a fine Snipers Rife, and say shoot three round at 1,000 yards. Shoot a five shots group size of silver dollar.🤩

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Lol, you're hilarious. You aim using a system and yet you knock cte.
What is hilarious is saying a system corrects the motion of the arm. Thats kinda like sh!ting your pants and you change your shirt. Don't make sense.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
What is hilarious is saying a system corrects the motion of the arm. Thats kinda like sh!ting your pants and you change your shirt. Don't make sense.
I don't know, in a sense there could be a system which essentially forces a better alignment which could result in a better stroke if only marginally. I get your point and I personally would never make such a claim without being able to prove or demonstrate it adequately.

There are people out there who have good strokes and vision issues and once corrected through corrective lenses or visual alignment methods or both then they find themselves making more balls because their brain is not trying to force their stroke to put the cue ball on the right line.

I believe now that most body english is caused by this. I think it is people aiming wrong who don't realize it and they have learned to compensate by throwing the cueball rather than hitting it straight.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok thanks. I knew the concept, but never heard it referred to as "corrected" ghost ball.

Yeah....same here. To me, ghostball is ghostball. No mystery. On cut shots you use a ghostball that slightly overcuts the shot to account for throw, or use spin to account for throw. Never heard it called "corrected" ghostball. That implies using 2 ghostballs, one to center pocket (uncorrected) and the other "corrected" . Lol

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pardon me if you basics are not solid, CTE is like giving someone a fine Snipers Rife, and say shoot three round at 1,000 yards. Shoot a five shots group size of silver dollar.🤩
Hello Cowboy.
That fine sniper's rifle FORCES the shooter to solidify their basics...without them even knowing it. Otherwise that fine sniper's rifle will not put the 5 shots into a group the size of a silver dollar. And the person ends up with another fine rifle for sale.
CTE Aiming FORCES a player to solidify the stroke in the same way...otherwise the system does not work as it should. And the person ends up looking for another aiming system or concept.
I can't say that about other methods of aiming since I don't know any. (Other than what I used before learning CTE which was "just see the shot and shoot it".....that route was fraught with peril and didn't work out so hot.)
By the way, who under the age of being an old man knows what a silver dollar is?:cool:

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The CTE method of playing the game will definitely straighten out a stroke.
IF the player allows it to do so...and keeps an open mind.
View attachment 611327
That's what I'm talking about. I have an open mind and really want to straighten out my stroke. Mr Low says it "definitely" straightens a stroke out. He doesn't mention anything about boring drills which is good because I work a lot and really don't have time for that stuff.
If I could just figure out CTE my stroke will straighten out, I'm sure of it. I'm really on the fence about buying the book because if it's anything like the videos I'm afraid I won't understand it. I tried watching more videos but get more confused and bored the more I watch. Can anyone suggest a video that might help? A CTE one I mean. According to everyone all the other aiming systems require boring drills to fix your stroke before they'll work and I'm just not in the mood for that. Is it hopeless?
Someone must know of a video where Stan does something other than shoot 15 degree cut shots from a foot away from the pocket while exclaiming over and over how awesome the system performs. I can already do that even if twisting my wrist.
Someone, anyone.......