Custom Pool Room

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Accessories

I really scored here! The lady I bought the tables off of really liked dealing with me and she says to me "Daniel, would you like another set of balls?" I told her they were Brunswick Centennials and that they were very expensive balls. She says it's ok take them, then she says, you know what take another 2 sets so that way you can have extra balls! Then she reminds me to pic out 8 house cues, bridges and triangles.
It really pays to be polite. I got everything thrown in for the price of the tables!
Five sets of Brunswick Centennials! :smile:

btw That's my son organizing the stuff.

Attachments

• p-0030.jpg
    p-0030.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3,366
  • p-0031.jpg
    p-0031.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3,365
Last edited:

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Major score! Being kind and polite always pays off! She rewarded your politeness with a kindness of her own. That's a lot of great stuff! Thanks for the updates. Can't wait to see more.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are you doing for floor covering? I'm in the business,maybe I could help.

Wow that be great. I'm looking for some commercial carpet. Large print no print any print but I am looking for a dark color to go with the room.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that be great. I'm looking for some commercial carpet. Large print no print any print but I am looking for a dark color to go with the room.

See if you can find something you like made by Shaw. I will see what I can do.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar design layout

I had a difficult time deciding on a bar layout, but I needed to finalize it due to the fact that I need to get the wiring done for the lighting, imo lighting makes or breaks a room design. People reall tend to underestimate accent lighting. Anyway here's the final design.
Bar-Final.jpg

Revised the Bar layout, I made a few changes. My wife likes wine and she wanted a wine rack.
Bar-Final-Rev2.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dsoriano...Okay, so is the big bottle on the top shelf, or the little bottle on the bottom shelf, the Crown Royal? I'd know that shape anywhere! LOL Nice bar drawing. It will make a beautiful addition to your room. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I had a difficult time deciding on a bar layout, but I needed to finalize it due to the fact that I need to get the wiring done for the lighting, imo lighting makes or breaks a room design. People reall tend to underestimate accent lighting. Anyway here's the final design.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dsoriano...Okay, so is the big bottle on the top shelf, or the little bottle on the bottom shelf, the Crown Royal? I'd know that shape anywhere! LOL Nice bar drawing. It will make a beautiful addition to your room. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Both. The little one is for the days I'm shooting pretty good, and the big bottle is for the days I'm shooting bad. In case your wonderin, I have more bad days.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wired the recess cans and speakers this weekend. Also wired all the light feeds for the bar area, connected the dimers, switches and plugs for the TV feeds.
I wired the table lights seperately and used 2x4's for the support brackets. I am close to installing the insulation. I just need a few more details and I should be ready.
The heat index here yesterday was 108 !!! I'm dropping by Home Depot after work to pick up some thermostats. I'm curious to know how hot it really gets in the room during the day. My wife can't seem to buy enough bottle water!

Attachments

• p-0045.jpg
    p-0045.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 3,118
  • p-0046.jpg
    p-0046.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 3,115
  • p-0047.jpg
    p-0047.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 3,110
  • p-0048.jpg
    p-0048.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3,089
Last edited:

geno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is INSANE and I am soooooooooo Jealous. Do you need a live-in Houseman?

wambamcam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats for such an awesome project. Just an idea, and you may be too far into your room, but if you had wrote out step by step how you did this, including blueprints and an itemization list, you can sell and maybe offset the cost a bit. I'm sure there may be a few peeps out there who would like to rebuild a similar room themselves.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats for such an awesome project. Just an idea, and you may be too far into your room, but if you had wrote out step by step how you did this, including blueprints and an itemization list, you can sell and maybe offset the cost a bit. I'm sure there may be a few peeps out there who would like to rebuild a similar room themselves.

That's not a bad thougth, I might start a new post and maybe offer that option. I've designed several custom home plans in the last three years and have quite a bit of experience working with clients. I include a material/cost list and all framing/ detail dwgs in the set.
Thanks for the idea!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I've been following this thread quietly since day one...just have to step in to write something since I've been deprived of anymore photo updates :) keep'em coming bud, this is cooler than watching a cue design come together! Wish I'm in the states, would've helped with some good and cheap furniture.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More pics

Well haven't made much progress lately just been workning on small details. I nailed down the wiring sequence of the main entry light switches.
I decided to split the table light switches into a double so as I can control them seperately. No need to have both lights on when I'm playing alone. I Also wired both ceiling fans together using an auto controller for the speeds. This prevents me from having to use drop strings to adjust the fan speeds.

Attachments

• Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2,980