danny harriman needs an excuse

EasyMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
danny harriman displays poor attitude in post-match interview

I can accept the fact that he was heated post-match, but he probably pulled more moves/issues than john's jump cue deal.

And to say that he wouldn't play a rematch b/c of it is lame!

He also inferred it had something to do with his loss.

I watched the entire match and Danny gave up when he got 5 or 6 games down. He was just firing at balls, breaking the balls so hard the one flys off the table, making many mental errors. That made his interview and excuse so much worse.

Last edited:

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a pretty picture especially when he didn't even use the cue.

Not sure if that was out of character or not.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Bye..........thanks for coming.........don't let the door hit you on your way out..........

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny youre EVEN!!!!! Take your beatings like a man!!!!! Sore Winner. John should stiff you on the "go home money".

Salamander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anybody elaborate on what Danny said. I unfortunately could not watch the match.

Fixer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He said that JS tried to get into his head yesterday about using the jumpcue in 1P.

They agreed not to in the last game 6 months ago.

Fred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was still mad about the 1p match, and played poorly today. He should not have given an interveiw until he had a chance to clear his head.

Justin Nuder

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Danny is a professional, he has to let that nonsense go and concentrate on the match at hand....pretty weak if you ask me. Nice shooting, John.

Southpaw

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny if you are going to be lame enough to give an excuse in an interview why not just stick to the ol' I wasn't using my shaft excuse? Now that is tangible!

That's right he cracked his z shaft and had to use some other shaft. I didn't see the interview. Did he use that excuse too?

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
should have just said "bayball bin vheey, vheey gud to me" or perhaps "John was the better player today and deserved to win":)

deadwhak

whatcha lookin' at???
Silver Member
EasyMoney said:
take it like a man you lost all my respect after that post-game speech

he has no class for blaming a jump cue discusion instead of accepting defeat like a man!!

give john his props he lost graciously why can't you??
damn robot!

will8834

Adcock Cues
Silver Member
At times people say things out of frustration with out giving it much thought, lets give him one of these times.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deadwhak said:
damn robot!

LOL!! :D :D :D

I don't know why, but that really tickled my funny bone this fine Monday morning, before going to work!

JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool players do funny things when they put their all into a match. In this instance, you had two fine players giving it their all.

A personal experience for me that was extremely embarassing was when Keith McCready had to come up against Tony Crosby at the Carolinas Open.

Because of the large player roster, the wait for each match seemed to be an unknown entity. I remember getting there at 10:00 a.m. one day, and Keith's match did not take place until 5:30 p.m.

Meanwhile, Johnny Archer was told EXACTLY when he could arrive for his match. He and his wife and her parents were able to relax in his hotel room as opposed to standing up all day long in the pool room, like the rest of us had to endure. Chairs in this joint were a luxury, and believe or not, some chairs had "reserved" signs on them. I stood all day long, and my feet were horribly swollen. I got literally sick from this tournament. What can I say, I'm old and can't stand on my feet for 6 or 7 hours. :(

To pass the time away, Keith enjoyed the amenities of the full bar, especially Budweiser. Evening came and Keith was feeling no pain. He was supposed to be playing Tony Crosby, whenever they called their names. Outside, the locals had a barbecue for the attendees with Georgia delicacies. I happened to see Tony chowing down. He heard me talking to a friend about Keith's state of mind, and he came up and introduced himself to me.

The match finally came to the fore, and Keith acted like a jerk during the match on several instances. Tony, the gentleman that he is, knew Keith was feeling no pain and did not respond to Keith's rudeness. What a gentleman, Tony Crosby is.

After the match, Keith walks over to the chart to collect his winnings, as he made the money rounds for the week-long event. The TD handed him a check for $75, and Keith threw it up in the air, in full view, and said, "Come all the way here, played my heart out, and I get 75 bucks for my efforts."

I was embarassed and picked up the check. I felt like crying and was ashamed. About 10 or 15 minutes later, Tony Crosby came over to me and said he knew from listening to me earlier outside that Keith had too much to drink, and he tried to calm me down. I will never, never, never forget Tony Crosby for that.

Meanwhile, Buddy Hall and I had words with Keith about his behavior. Keith didn't seem to listen to me, but, boy, oh, boy, was he shocked when Buddy Hall spoke to him about his demeanor at that event. But that's the topic for another thread.

I guess the point of my post is to say players do things that later they regret. Nobody likes to lose. Show me a loser who likes to lose, and I'll show you a loser. :D

JAM

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
Pool players do funny things when they put their all into a match. In this instance, you had two fine players giving it their all.

A personal experience for me that was extremely embarassing was when Keith McCready had to come up against Tony Crosby at the Carolinas Open.

Because of the large player roster, the wait for each match seemed to be an unknown entity. I remember getting there at 10:00 a.m. one day, and Keith's match did not take place until 5:30 p.m.

Meanwhile, Johnny Archer was told EXACTLY when he could arrive for his match. He and his wife and her parents were able to relax in his hotel room as opposed to standing up all day long in the pool room, like the rest of us had to endure. Chairs in this joint were a luxury, and believe or not, some chairs had "reserved" signs on them. I stood all day long, and my feet were horribly swollen. I got literally sick from this tournament. What can I say, I'm old and can't stand on my feet for 6 or 7 hours. :(

To pass the time away, Keith enjoyed the amenities of the full bar, especially Budweiser. Evening came and Keith was feeling no pain. He was supposed to be playing Tony Crosby, whenever they called their names. Outside, the locals had a barbecue for the attendees with Georgia delicacies. I happened to see Tony chowing down. He heard me talking to a friend about Keith's state of mind, and he came up and introduced himself to me.

The match finally came to the fore, and Keith acted like a jerk during the match on several instances. Tony, the gentleman that he is, knew Keith was feeling no pain and did not respond to Keith's rudeness. What a gentleman, Tony Crosby is.

After the match, Keith walks over to the chart to collect his winnings, as he made the money rounds for the week-long event. The TD handed him a check for $75, and Keith threw it up in the air, in full view, and said, "Come all the way here, played my heart out, and I get 75 bucks for my efforts."

I was embarassed and picked up the check. I felt like crying and was ashamed. About 10 or 15 minutes later, Tony Crosby came over to me and said he knew from listening to me earlier outside that Keith had too much to drink, and he tried to calm me down. I will never, never, never forget Tony Crosby for that.

Meanwhile, Buddy Hall and I had words with Keith about his behavior. Keith didn't seem to listen to me, but, boy, oh, boy, was he shocked when Buddy Hall spoke to him about his demeanor at that event. But that's the topic for another thread.

I guess the point of my post is to say players do things that later they regret. Nobody likes to lose. Show me a loser who likes to lose, and I'll show you a loser. :D

JAM

Excellent, excellent post JAM!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
JAM said:

JAM
So glad your here and contributing,always love your stories,i hope Keith is well,im sure with you in his life he is. ;)

Reactions: JAM