Darren Appleton

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
Oh I don't know, maybe Darren Appleton wishes there was not a post on the front page of AZB titled "Darren Appleton is a dirty cheater", just maybe...

I also did not ask for him to be banned at all, what I did question was raining down +rep on him for the thread because he finally said "oops, sorry".

Rep is serious business.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Rep is serious business.

It is not important but it makes this whole board look weak to actually put out the message that the OP is a quality contributing member of the AZB forums. We are basically saying to anyone new to this forum "yeah this guy has 5 posts and here they are, he is a quality member of the community and we appreciate the posts he graced us with". That would cause alot of people to double back and not visit the forum ever again. It is one thing to tolerate a thread like this, it is quite another to commend the poster for it...

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
It always bothers me when Ga Young Kim rubs her body parts on the table. It bothers me quite a bit, actually.

I just want to be the table ....

There's a force in the universe that makes things happen; all you have to do is get in touch with it. Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the table.

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol that's funny stuff. One of those oops moments, followed by face meeting palm. Don't hold it against the guy, he flubbed up. Stood up and admitted it. It's all good.

It's definitely not all good. It makes me a little nauseated that so many people on this thread are giving him a pass. It's just stupidity that Kris doesn't realize that there are no spectators, no referee and Darren is racking for himself in a world championship. And the fact that so blatant a foul would have been dealt with immediately. That part is forgivable.

The fact that he angrily jumps to conclusions without researching and posts it to publicly question Darren is the part that is unforgivable. That sort of behavior and a group shrugging it off as no big deal is what leads to innocent people being wrongly charged and nothing being done to correct it. Mistakes are flubbs, this sort of decision making isn't.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
one question

I know that I have no notoriety here, but as a dedicated pool player...I just think that it's just utterly disgusting how excited Darren Appleton got when he won 13-12 in the finals of the WPA World 9-ball championship (2012). In the semi-finals I noticed that he blatantly cheated on the first shot after the break against Naoyuki Ohi. Has he been discredited for this championship win yet? I honestly think he should be banned from this tournament as well, because it's just utterly unfair to the other players that AREN'T scum and wanna win by all FAIR means.

Oh, and here's proof for all of you ladies and gents before you pounce on me saying "proof or gtfo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzeQgJZHlk
2:05

Feedback? Criticism? Thoughts, anybody?

Is this yours or a friend of yours video ?
MMike

risky biz

Banned
It makes me a little nauseated that so many people on this thread are giving him a pass. It's just stupidity that Kris doesn't realize that there are no spectators, no referee and Darren is racking for himself in a world championship. And the fact that so blatant a foul would have been dealt with immediately. That part is forgivable.

The fact that he angrily jumps to conclusions without researching and posts it to publicly question Darren is the part that is unforgivable. That sort of behavior and a group shrugging it off as no big deal is what leads to innocent people being wrongly charged and nothing being done to correct it. Mistakes are flubbs, this sort of decision making isn't.

I don't think anyone is that dim. I think he posted the falsehood purposely for who knows what reason.

LucasBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's definitely not all good. It makes me a little nauseated that so many people on this thread are giving him a pass. It's just stupidity that Kris doesn't realize that there are no spectators, no referee and Darren is racking for himself in a world championship. And the fact that so blatant a foul would have been dealt with immediately. That part is forgivable.

What do you wanna do? Crucify the guy? It's funny to me that people get so mad over what somebody said about someone else. The guy said he was wrong. The way I see it, the only person that has a right to be mad is Darren Appleton himself. The holier than thou attitude some of you guys have is ridiculous. Have you never put your foot in your mouth? Calm down guys.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If i were a mod and i dont want to be one, this is the type of thread id delete after the first post without thinking twice. Id also have a rule-no calling out anyone in the thread title. If you must do a topic like this-the thread title could be "Cheating at the WPC? or endless others that are 'fair'

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forces at work...

I just want to be the table ....

There's a force in the universe that makes things happen; all you have to do is get in touch with it. Stop thinking...let things happen...and be...the table.

12460_1277829062835_7250504_n.jpg

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I figured I'd join this goat rodeo since I'm not about to climb on any high horse.

The original post and his follow-ups were ridiculous, idiotic and made for a good laugh in the "misery loves company" sort of way. Jumping to conclusions and misunderstanding everything and posting about it seems to fit right in with many people on this board.

To the OP, you're not getting any kudos from me for your apology because I didn't give you negative for your initial posts.

If I had a vote, I'd vote to keep the thread up and not delete it. The thread tells a nice story and every time I read the apology post, I still laugh. In a maniacal Chucky sort of way.

BTW, congratulations again to to Daz for a great tournament win!!!

Freddie <~~~ loves company

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
To the OP :

It might be a good idea to edit the title of your thread, to reflect the change in your opinion about the cheating.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
To the OP :

It might be a good idea to edit the title of your thread, to reflect the change in your opinion about the cheating.

You cannot edit titles, the OP did not even edit any of his first 3 posts. Unless someone reads deep into the thread it still states Darren is a cheater well into the thread, instead of the OP being eddited to state "I am so sorry, I was wrong and have thus editted it!" But from what I have been told that is expecting WAY too much on AZB, the Original Poster is a AZB champ.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that I have no notoriety here, but as a dedicated pool player...I just think that it's just utterly disgusting how excited Darren Appleton got when he won 13-12 in the finals of the WPA World 9-ball championship (2012). In the semi-finals I noticed that he blatantly cheated on the first shot after the break against Naoyuki Ohi. Has he been discredited for this championship win yet? I honestly think he should be banned from this tournament as well, because it's just utterly unfair to the other players that AREN'T scum and wanna win by all FAIR means.

Oh, and here's proof for all of you ladies and gents before you pounce on me saying "proof or gtfo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbzeQgJZHlk
2:05

Feedback? Criticism? Thoughts, anybody?

Yeah because the best 9ball player in the world needs to cheat.... :mad: