Dennis Orcollo vs Ko Pin Yi match statement by John French

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you are cool with betting on something that is not what its supposed be and possibly with both guys playing for the same backer? I bet they love you in the pool room.

Most of these guys glorified a guy who robbed car washes to bet high. He was convinced in a real court.

You have a guy with the means to grow the sport and they throw $hit at him....with NO evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing.

But I don't understand it....ok you are right.

Banks

Banned
Most of these guys glorified a guy who robbed car washes to bet high. He was convinced in a real court.

You have a guy with the means to grow the sport and they throw $hit at him....with NO evidence whatsoever of wrongdoing.

Don't forget choppers, scammers, dealers, etc..

As much as i think what happened creates a big chance for conflict, there's no denying the above.

Sometimes it's real difficult to take this game seriously.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Pure internet keyboard speculation:

Here is what I think went down after watching the match, and reading French's statement, and a bunch of other posts here. French set up an exhibition match between Ko and Dennis. Winner gets a small amount, maybe 2500. Loser gets nothing, or maybe 500. French told both players this from day 1.

French advertises it as a 10k per man true gambling match.

Both Ko and Dennis were smiling and looked nonchalant throughout the match. Like it was an exhibition.

Definitely a possible scenario, with one key omission of the rail $ that got chopped up in bets against people who were probably in the know the whole time...

Pretty disappointed over the whole thing. I lost a bit of money on it and these types of shenanigans are part of the nature of gambling in pool, but this one surprised me and I cannot help but feel a little disenfranchised by it all. These things slowly keep working to drain my interest in pool... how the heck can the sport not see how much this hurts it and chases away the few fans it has left? Let alone getting new ones...

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member

Who was this player ?

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think all these people are going to lie to cover a supposed scam by French. They would all have to have a reason to do so...it makes no sense. The man explained himself. If you want to have pool streams where pros can make a living, this should end now.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Convinced in court huh?

All I care about is that people know what they are buying. If you are cool with false advertising so be it. This is just the latest iteration of the same old thing.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Convinced in court huh?

All I care about is that people know what they are buying. If you are cool with false advertising so be it. This is just the latest iteration of the same old thing.

So let's have them post....
I know you want what's right...just seems there's always a new problem and no solutions.

Is not the players money anyway, so it's no pressure on them really.

I lose 1k of my money it hurts some. A guy with millions backs me and I lose his 20k...no big deal, just get a new backer.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I don't think all these people are going to lie to cover a supposed scam by French. They would all have to have a reason to do so...it makes no sense. The man explained himself. If you want to have pool streams where pros can make a living, this should end now.

I dont think it was a scam so much as someone who doesnt know what he's doing and doesn't understand the harm it will eventually cause. If you think one person is going to provide pros a way to make a living by playing on PPV streams you are really out of touch.

If he was putting up prize funds for guys to play for I could maybe see it but he is claiming to be gambling and putting together a team....meaning if no one decides to bet against him then no matches. So who is going to jump in and bet these big money matches against his stable? What good is "signing" players if there is no one for them to play against?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably French wants to start team pool
That might work more than one to one action matches
But if he is signing up all the top players, who is going to play against his team ? LOL

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont think it was a scam so much as someone who doesnt know what he's doing and doesn't understand the harm it will eventually cause. If you think one person is going to provide pros a way to make a living by playing on PPV streams you are really out of touch.

If he was putting up prize funds for guys to play for I could maybe see it but he is claiming to be gambling and putting together a team....meaning if no one decides to bet against him then no matches. So who is going to jump in and bet these big money matches against his stable? What good is "signing" players if there is no one for them to play against?

Insight from a guy who has real experience. We all miss TAR Justin.

Maybe Mars and SVB will just have the whole stable line up and play. lol

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Maybe Mars and SVB will just have the whole stable line up and play. lol

I thought about that and it kind of made me smile. That would be something really cool because it would be great pool and if Mars is involved it would be 100% legit.

I'm looking forward to the SVB match.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
All of this makes me think of Rocky III. Rocky got soft fighting all these setup matches - tomato cans - and than Clubber Lang kicked his ass.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably French wants to start team pool
That might work more than one to one action matches
But if he is signing up all the top players, who is going to play against his team ? LOL

Maybe he will give weight!
I'll take 7 out and all the breaks for starters.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe he will give weight!
I'll take 7 out and all the breaks for starters.

Dennis
Big Ko
Little Ko
Jayson
Morra

I think that team will rob 2015 Mosconi Euro comprising:

Niels
Darren
Boyes
Nick van den berg
Albin

Can someone set that up