Dennis vs Scott for $150k..?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Thanks for that. I'd love to do it, since I know it will be an exciting match. I'm 99% sure this one is coming down as advertised, a big money match between two great players. Neither one of these guys is afraid to get in the box and do battle, and the bigger the bet the more they like it. Remember Scott took down the biggest score in years when he defrocked Dippy Dave in Vegas to the tune of 300K+!! As for Dennis I've never seen him turn down a money game if he could raise the money to play, including his own! The French thing was an anomaly brought on by a snake oil salesman.

Personally I'd like to see JJ in there with Billy. That would be my first choice for a star commentary team worthy of a big match like this one. Scott's pretty damn good in the booth too, but I'm afraid he will be preoccupied. :smile:
John Schmidt would be another good choice imo. He has a good clear voice, excellent knowledge of the game and timely sense of humor. I only worked with him once but was very impressed. Scott Rabon is another great One Pocket com guy! JJ and any of the other three would work well.

French was a black eye for pool action that is for sure. He just wanted 15 minutes and got it, he can enjoy his rep now. :cool:

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this would be great to see for free...... only im afraid dennis will run away with it on day 3!

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I like the old school dynamic duo of incardone and nick varner .

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Sounds like a great match! If FastLenny's streaming then its legit.

Scott's wardrobe will be sponsored by Air Jordan. Dennis will be wearing his green soccer shirt.

Just need to lock up the commentators?... maybe bring DippyDave back for old-times sake?

Vivian Marran

Registered
Thanks for that. I'd love to do it, since I know it will be an exciting match. I'm 99% sure this one is coming down as advertised, a big money match between two great players. Neither one of these guys is afraid to get in the box and do battle, and the bigger the bet the more they like it. Remember Scott took down the biggest score in years when he defrocked Dippy Dave in Vegas to the tune of 300K+!! As for Dennis I've never seen him turn down a money game if he could raise the money to play, including his own! The French thing was an anomaly brought on by a snake oil salesman.

Personally I'd like to see JJ in there with Billy. That would be my first choice for a star commentary team worthy of a big match like this one. Scott's pretty damn good in the booth too, but I'm afraid he will be preoccupied. :smile:
John Schmidt would be another good choice imo. He has a good clear voice, excellent knowledge of the game and timely sense of humor. I only worked with him once but was very impressed. Scott Rabon is another great One Pocket com guy! JJ and any of the other three would work well.

Agreed. Billy is in his own league but JJ, Scott F., John Schmidt and Scott Rabon are better than acceptable; near damn good actually.

The rest (that I have heard anyway) are not my cup of tea and I really think producers of these streams should avoid them at all "cost". But I do sympathize with your "cost" limitations.

Also, make Scott a villian and promote him. Sounds like he could really be positioned as a character that many people will either love or hate but work to provoke those emotions amongst the populace. Is he flamboyant, obnoxious, tasteless, pathetic? Push that!! My girlfriend and I walked by Scott one year at Derby and he made a buffoonish comment. It was not offensive, it was even flattering on some level, funny in retrospect and ultimately harmless but not classy by any means. Dennis looks like the soft spoken, good guy. I run into him every once in while and I have a very pleasant time with him. Push that!!

Step it up, Lenny!!

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Why not Alex pagalayan and Ronnie Wiseman in the booth??

Would love that! Plus, very interesting!

Kd

Vivian Marran

Registered

Kd

Try them all out. No shame in sucking at commentary. I'm sure I would.

Shame on us though and the producers of streams for giving mediocre commentary a pass more times than not.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Kd

I just brought this post to the Lion's attention.
...he isn't sure that he can handle the job....sometimes he gets excited...
....like "WTF is he playing that shot for?"
:eek:

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am happy for pool fans to have an opportunity to watch a historic event like this LIVE.

raise1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just brought this post to the Lion's attention.
...he isn't sure that he can handle the job....sometimes he gets excited...
....like "WTF is he playing that shot for?"
:eek:

I would love to see Alex there. The knowledge, excitements and enthusiasms he brings would be a great addition to the match.

Tell him to come.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic, but Jayson Shaw said he had a $100K match setup with JL Chang for January in Houston but it got cancelled when Chang and Kevin Cheng couldn't make it.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Off topic, but Jayson Shaw said he had a $100K match setup with JL Chang for January in Houston but it got cancelled when Chang and Kevin Cheng couldn't make it.

He is lucky as JL would have robbed him & whomever was backing him as no way he came up with 100K on his own.

miramachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rotflmao::lol:
He is lucky as JL would have robbed him & whomever was backing him as no way he came up with 100K on his own.

lol, he is going to rob the hottest player in the world. Seems legit. If it ever happens let me know and you can rob me by betting on JL. haha

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Corey Deuel or Ronnie Wiseman are two more good choices. Both have good clear voices (more important than you think until you hear someone who has a garbled voice) and both are extremely knowledgeable on One Pocket. Ronnie would probably only come if he's betting the match. Corey might be coerced for a small sum. :rolleyes:

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a link to the match where Corey, Billy, and someone else were commenting? It was hilarious. Corey was speculating on some off the wall shots.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Anyone have a link to the match where Corey, Billy, and someone else were commenting? It was hilarious. Corey was speculating on some off the wall shots.

Is this the match where Corey was saying to kick every other shot it seemed like