Did Dragon Promo just get banned?

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just posting a reply to a thread and got a message "could not be found" same with all the other threads they have in the Live Stream and there are no Main forum threads by them at all now when there were like 4 on the first page.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I was just posting a reply to a thread and got a message "could not be found" same with all the other threads they have in the Live Stream and there are no Main forum threads by them at all now when there were like 4 on the first page.

Good catch...... Sumptins up .I would imagine it has something to do with the Spam-Fest

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I am not sure. There were a lot of posts about the ladies pro event in the past few days.

Maybe Charlie has somebody new posting under that member name, and it could be they are not familiar with the rules.

I think I remember reading that there must be a press release about the event *first* before info is disseminated on the forum -- or something like that.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the unusually large amount of promo threads by DP they must not be getting the amount of viewers they wanted. They do promo on here but I have never seen this much of it and I am guessing since DP don't come to this forum to just talk about general pool topics and engage in chat that AZB said you cant com e on here and just advertise.

Reactions: JAM

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was also just poking around and got the same message. Logged ina and then found all the threads 'missing'.

I am not surprised - in that DP always was on the edge of being misleading.

Mark Griffin

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you to whomever it was that stopped the nonsense.
It was getting ridiculous, yet again. ( shocking I know)

After all that Mike Howerton did to facilitate the negotiations between Dragon and the WPA, and after promoting their event via AZB without another word said, you might think that the last thing Dragon would do is push the envelope or wear out their welcome.

But yet here we are. Again .
Some people never learn I guess.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing they were warned about the 20 threads on the same topic and got kicked. I doubt how they market things were the cause.

I was trying to let them know that the results page is wrong, it does not list the bottom 2 rows of sets played if you look at the total. So if you played players A B C D E F, none of the games lost against E and F showd up in the total which makes it look skewed if you played A E F as your total would only be losses vs player A, if someone played A B C players they would have all 3 sets listed under game loss total.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They were spamming the site so I'm glad they got pulled.

I don't mind when people that contribute to the site push their products and their streams but when those that contribute absolutely nothing here do it -- it gets really annoying.

Adiós.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
+1

I'm here to learn and read some great stories not look at the same ad every other thread.

purpdrag

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure. There were a lot of posts about the ladies pro event in the past few days.

Maybe Charlie has somebody new posting under that member name, and it could be they are not familiar with the rules.

I think I remember reading that there must be a press release about the event *first* before info is disseminated on the forum -- or something like that.

If this is true it would explain why they are gone. I recently listened to an American Billiards Radio show where Jerry Forsyth (AZ Billiards) was interviewing Ian somebody of the WPA about some conflict with DP and Jerry did mention that AZ Billiards would not be running a particular promo for DP. That may apply to all DP promos, that much wasn't clear to me. Anyway if the rule above is true and also AZ isn't running any promo stories for DP then DP is kind of screwed when it comes to advertising here, which obviously will hurt them. All due to some aggressive marketing by DP and resulting conflict with WPA. As I understand it, the AZ Billiards crew did not like some of the DP tactics and responses and is doing what they think is right.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
half the threads on the front page

Not counting the stickies, DP had roughly half the threads on the front page last night or in the wee hours of this morning when I was looking. Did seem to be a wee bit much. I don't know what they do or don't do but they should be sending some pretty serious dollars AZB's way. It would still be annoying when they started a new thread for every match and every update in a match though!

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
At least the DP threads were consistent....
...they were like watching Charlie play nine-ball....:boring2:

but I'll miss the picture of Akiko.....
...ah, elatedly descanting...:lovies:

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...but I'll miss the picture of Akiko.....
...ah, elatedly descanting...:lovies:

Although I'm not impressed with her pool playing abilities, I do enjoy looking at pictures of Shanelle Loraine.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
My Threads

I try to be courteous to all the streamers in the livestream forum.
My threads are an "all in one" type.
Posting info when I get it by editing the OP and bumping.
Plus I try my best to answer questions that come up,
or pass it along to one who can.

All streamers should do it this way imo.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

In my books, Gary, you are VERY welcome here...

You even give us threads that are intellectually stimulating and makes
us dig deep for our handicapping abilities....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=169391&highlight=wins+ring+game?

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Completely different. :) You actually contribute to the forum. You don't just show up post 30 ads and only come back to bump them.