Dollar water pays off big at "Hanks" billiards

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's worth pointing out that Hank has purchased a new sign that adorns the room. No more Paradise Billiards with the missing letters. You can be certain that Hank's water profits made this possible.

The new sign is painted on.
But it is a great improvement over what was there,or what was left of what was there.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
The new sign is painted on.
But it is a great improvement over what was there,or what was left of what was there.

Just a thought. Why dont you and Ted keep the empty water bottles from Hanks and take them and fill them at home? Just trying to save you and Ted a buck or two.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
News flash-This just in !
I was at "Hanks" today and noticed a new LCD TV. Upon closer inspection it appeared to be an older model but it looked good. So I asked about the TV and was told it was Hanks personal set. He bought a 73 inch TV to replace it at home!
73 inches!!!!!!!!!!
Water sure has been kind to Hank.
Also the bath room was pretty clean and it had soap and paper towels.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I hate are the air dryers in the restrooms of pool halls. Put in a paper towel dispenser. I have a towel attached to my cue case just for that reason and to wipe down my cue.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can we get an update on Hank's? It's been 12 years, has the water paid the place off yet?
Just coz Hank is charging a buck does not mean people are buying it

I'd suggest the amount of confirmed purchases to date indicates it isn't the goldmine initially hoped for.

JPB2

Can we get an update on Hank's? It's been 12 years, has the water paid the place off yet?
In the sense it closed, yes. It was a while back. I was in there shortly before it closed. Water revenues sure weren’t used for new cloth on the billiard table. Duct tape fund maybe.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I didnt catch the fact that this is a 13 year old thread and started reading at the beginning, anyhow why do people think water should be free? The establishment pays in some manner for water whether it comes from bottles, the faucet, a lake, river, or a puddle in the alley. If it doesn't come from a plastic bottle which is probably the most expensive water someone needs to put it in a glass, likely with ice then that glass has to retrieved and washed. Someone has to scoop it out of the lake, river, or puddle out back in the alley and most likely want to get paid. Its time to just pay for the water without complaint and be happy that the establishment that gets rich on water sales is still open for your enjoyment.
PS I am also not coming down on the OP, I pretty much assumed it was intended to be humor.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didnt catch the fact that this is a 13 year old thread and started reading at the beginning, anyhow why do people think water should be free? The establishment pays in some manner for water whether it comes from bottles, the faucet, a lake, river, or a puddle in the alley. If it doesn't come from a plastic bottle which is probably the most expensive water someone needs to put it in a glass, likely with ice then that glass has to retrieved and washed. Someone has to scoop it out of the lake, river, or puddle out back in the alley and most likely want to get paid. Its time to just pay for the water without complaint and be happy that the establishment that gets rich on water sales is still open for your enjoyment.
PS I am also not coming down on the OP, I pretty much assumed it was intended to be humor.
Some people think (thought?) it is free coz it was.

Some people think (thought?) it is free coz it is.

That'd be my top 2 guesses.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the joint offered food i'd supply water with food orders. Other than that they gotta whip the cash. If they hop because of this so be it. Only the true deadbeats will squeal about paying for water so in the long run you're probably saving yourself issues with some turd.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I blame Wall Drug for the current state of free water!

EDIT: I misspelled Wall Drug, it's been a few decades since I've been there.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Have you ever worked at a pool room?
No, I have not.
I am familiar with the service industry though, was a auto tech for 40 years. People get angry if you charge them to air up their tires, find and replace a bad fuse, spend a half hour checki8ng their brakes, etc. It seems they dont understand the fact that when I am not doing something free for them I am busy doing other things that the shop gets to charge $115.00 per hour for. If its a regular customer we wont charge for small stuff but if you start doing all the stuff for free you will be doing free stuff all day.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member