Eberle vs. Dominguez at Hard Times

Update: I left at 1am when Max was ahead 9-2 in the 2nd set.

Ernesto was making lots of simple shot misses. He seemed like he had trouble focusing. Those misses gave Max all the momentum he needed.

It a good matchup and should have been closer than it was.

Anyone know the final score of the 2nd set?
 
CrownCityCorey said:
Update: I left at 1am when Max was ahead 9-2 in the 2nd set.

Ernesto was making lots of simple shot misses. He seemed like he had trouble focusing. Those misses gave Max all the momentum he needed.

It a good matchup and should have been closer than it was.

Anyone know the final score of the 2nd set?
The score in the second set was 13 to 5?(possibly 6)
 
Last edited:
DarkArtist said:
They were playing on the first table on the left, right next to the wooden bleachers by the velvet rope. It's funny, I could hear people on their cellphones giving updates to friends.

Hey, that's the same table I'm going to play Joey on when he gets all his backers and schedule sorted out. We're looking at a 2010 or 2011 match! I'll keep you all posted. :eek:
 
Sweet Post, It never stops..

jay helfert said:
Hey, that's the same table I'm going to play Joey on when he gets all his backers and schedule sorted out. We're looking at a 2010 or 2011 match! I'll keep you all posted. :eek:

The Gingerbread man strikes again, sweet post Jay. Rep to you for not letting the beating you have taken for "ducking" Joey at the DCC. Hell if you guys ever actually play I may fly in from KC just to witiness the monumental event:D :D

-don
 
I was ther last night but left after Max and Ernesto finished.

Ernesto put up a good fight in the first set and managed to make it a good fight, but in the second set, it was pretty obvious that he had given up. His concentration just wasn't anywhere near it should've been. I actually had gone down there just to watch them, but I couldn't help myself when the table behind them opened up to get up and practice a little bit and try out my new peepers. It was good with the exception that I had to crane my head back a little far to not be looking over the edge of my glasses.

I think once I get used to it, since I can see the edge of the balls now, it will help my game quite a bit. Hey Joey, I'll be ready shooting with my glasses on by the time I come out there hopefully.
 
It was table 6 that they were playing on. There were a bunch of railbirds. I'm guessing 35-50. The place had players on almost all the table on the otherside of the tournament section and the tables on the tournament section were filling fast. I wish that Ernesto would have been more on his game but that is pool. I had no $ riding just would have liked to have seen both of them playing their best. Still all in all it was a good night.
 
I heard that Oscar matched up with Max after his dad lost. Is this true? Does anyone know what happened? The way Oscar is playing he has a chance if he got a little weight.
 
dabarbr said:
I heard that Oscar matched up with Max after his dad lost. Is this true? Does anyone know what happened? The way Oscar is playing he has a chance if he got a little weight.

I understand that it is true; unfortunately, I left before it went off so I can't tell you how it ended up. Sorry Frank.
 
Hi Frank,

I heard the same thing. Oscar played Max one set, got the 7 played great and won.

I got that second hand, so I don't know how accurate it is.

Russ......
 
poolhustler said:
Hi Frank,

I heard the same thing. Oscar played Max one set, got the 7 played great and won.

I got that second hand, so I don't know how accurate it is.

Russ......
Thanks for the info. Do you know if it was nine ball or ten ball?
 
Impact Blue said:
Oscar got the 9 in 10-ball. Locked two sets, and won both sets.
Wow! I would have thought he did not have a chance.
I dunno if Max got worn out or Oscar really played tough.
 
jay helfert said:
The torch has been passed!

its getting to look that way, oscar beat some top players at the Derby, i think max got wore out, he was up 2 sets playing ernesto which is alot of work for anyone and then had to get up for 2 more sets, as Cardone would say "Max's stake horse didnt manage his game right", I dont like to speak on behalf of other people but I'm 100% sure thats what he would say, Oscar comes in fresh, Max is maxed out and they bet the same? bad managment not bad play, They should have called it a night and started the next day, only Chris Bartrum plays like 37 hours straight without feeling it, man thats amazing. Its good to see Oscar playing this good, I really like him and his dad, Max too, for me because I like all those guys I dont like to see anyone lose and I didnt. Its nice too see action in LA again. perhaps this will get the juices flowing and we'll have more action,
 

Attachments

  • Ernesto&OscarII.jpg
    Ernesto&OscarII.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 295
Back
Top