Great Cue Ken :dance:

Tommyd1

1glibby1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Sorry Mr Wilson......(moderator sir)

Seems like everytime Ken and I have an opinion, whether it's about my cues or his, you moderators step in and warn, and suspend etc ......how do I say it nicely................"not Ken".

Question.......

Just curious......Might I be dealing with Uncle Ken?, or cousin Ken, when it comes to you? Whats the deal with the public warnings.

I have never trashed anyones thread.....I am an advocate for pool, an owner of many hi-end cues and a respectful member at AZ with a feedback of 100% 13 times over +++.

I merely stated that it seems "self glorifying", at our expense, to continue to offer cues of this caliber, fully knowing that they will not move, merely to hear comments such as "wow Ken" "maybe I'll sell both my cars and take out a loan Ken" etc. I made my statement because every other day I see a cue offered by Ken, that will never see the blue side of a Master chalk cube, simply to show that "Ken" has more money he than knows what to do with.

What's more.....A moderator doesn't need to bully and warn members in this public manor. We all have PM's. A strategically placed PM is a very powerful tool which also allows the ability to comunicate in "private" your overview of the situation........and if........afterwards........it comes out.......... he does happen to be your relative.........well lesson learned. (but in private)

Check my feedback and history........I am an active member who interacts with thought out comments when posting. Note, not every post has to agree with the moderators view if it is thought out and correctly placed. If I have broken a rule I apologize.....if I were to start my own thread concerning this it would have definetly looked as if I were harrassing "Ken". Ken knows his cues will not sell on AZ.....this is the frustrating concern. He simply uses "wanted/for sale" as his personal "cue gallery">

Mr Wilson........thanks for listening. (And point made)

greg libby
(man or myth)

for an apology, I give a relative of my own to enjoy ...... so......."mangi..mangi" :D

anna.jpg

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Rating - 99%
104   1   0
1glibby1 said:
Sorry Mr Wilson......(moderator sir)

Seems like everytime Ken and I have an opinion, whether it's about my cues or his, you moderators step in and warn, and suspend etc ......how do I say it nicely................"not Ken".

Question.......

Just curious......Might I be dealing with Uncle Ken?, or cousin Ken, when it comes to you? Whats the deal with the public warnings.

I have never trashed anyones thread.....I am an advocate for pool, an owner of many hi-end cues and a respectful member at AZ with a feedback of 100% 13 times over +++.

I merely stated that it seems "self glorifying", at our expense, to continue to offer cues of this caliber, fully knowing that they will not move, merely to hear comments such as "wow Ken" "maybe I'll sell both my cars and take out a loan Ken" etc. I made my statement because every other day I see a cue offered by Ken, that will never see the blue side of a Master chalk cube, simply to show that "Ken" has more money he than knows what to do with.

What's more.....A moderator doesn't need to bully and warn members in this public manor. We all have PM's. A strategically placed PM is a very powerful tool which also allows the ability to comunicate in "private" your overview of the situation........and if........afterwards........it comes out.......... he does happen to be your relative.........well lesson learned. (but in private)

Check my feedback and history........I am an active member who interacts with thought out comments when posting. Note, not every post has to agree with the moderators view if it is thought out and correctly placed. If I have broken a rule I apologize.....if I were to start my own thread concerning this it would have definetly looked as if I were harrassing "Ken". Ken knows his cues will not sell on AZ.....this is the frustrating concern. He simply uses "wanted/for sale" as his personal "cue gallery">

Mr Wilson........thanks for listening. (And point made)

greg libby
(man or myth)

for an apology, I give a relative of my own to enjoy ...... so......."mangi..mangi" :D

View attachment 76398

I don't know what "mangi...mangi" is...but I sure do like it...:p

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Me too,,

Zeek said:
Love that cue Ken... I'm getting impatient waiting for my turn on the Showman list

I was just thinking maybe I should tell him to put me on it a second time.

Ken

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
High End Cues

I would have to respectfully disagree that most of A-Z can't afford these type of cues. There are many that post and even more that lurk here that have very deep pockets indeed.

I also think there are those that can't afford some these cues because of other obligations presently (family ect) but these people still love cues and enjoy seeing these high end masterpieces.

I also respect that Ken isn't afraid to put a price on his stuff rather than playing the pm me game. JMO

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
lenoxmjs said:
I would have to respectfully disagree that most of A-Z can't afford these type of cues. There are many that post and even more that lurk here that have very deep pockets indeed.

I also think there are those that can't afford some these cues because of other obligations presently (family ect) but these people still love cues and enjoy seeing these high end masterpieces.

I also respect that Ken isn't afraid to put a price on his stuff rather than playing the pm me game. JMO
Agreed.. Good post Matt

HIRUN526

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hello Little Kenny,

That cue was built by some dude in South Fla., I think his name is Scott Haverland.

I will send you some pics.

Scott

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
HIRUN526 said:
Hello Little Kenny,

That cue was built by some dude in South Fla., I think his name is Scott Haverland.

Scott
Very talented cue maker who is beyond up and coming.
Love that gambler as well.

Back to the top for the Showman.
myron

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
HIRUN526 said:
Hello Little Kenny,

Scott
That is one bad, mo-fo gambler cue.

Scott (not that Scott)

p.s. I hear that he works very slowly......

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
153   0   1
Excellent cue

ScottR said:
That is one bad, mo-fo gambler cue.

Scott (not that Scott)

p.s. I hear that he works very slowly......

John certainly take His time, BUT , the end result IS ALWAYS A MASTERPIECE!
Look closely at any of Johns cues, Everything is painstakingly accurate with fit, finish/detail, etc
Ive only played with 2 Showmans, both play great too

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   1
Duane remick said:
John certainly take His time, BUT , the end result IS ALWAYS A MASTERPIECE!
Look closely at any of Johns cues, Everything is painstakingly accurate with fit, finish/detail, etc
Ive only played with 2 Showmans, both play great too
Actually, I was talking about the gambler cue in hirun526's avatar.

No slight AT ALL intended toward John Showman or this cue....which is gorgeous, btw.