Favorite player and least favorite player?

original palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's your favorite pro pool player? And who's your least favorite and why?

Funny i use to not like The Pearl, after watching his Documentary, I totally changed my view and he's one of my favorites.

Earl Strickland and Mike Sigel (yes I know they are old) are my favorite living pool players. Followed closely by Josh "The Beast" Roberts.

Least liked is Jason Shaw. He's to me the Tom Brady or Kobe Bryant of pool. He's so good it hurts! Lol

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favorite overall player would probably be Steve Mizerak. On top of being a hell of a player, he was a class act.

Least favorite, Mika Immonen. His attitude is a major put off for me. Not a good ambassador for the game IMO.

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's your favorite pro pool player? And who's your least favorite and why?

Funny i use to not like The Pearl, after watching his Documentary, I totally changed my view and he's one of my favorites.

Earl Strickland and Mike Sigel (yes I know they are old) are my favorite living pool players. Followed closely by Josh "The Beast" Roberts.

Least liked is Jason Shaw. He's to me the Tom Brady or Kobe Bryant of pool. He's so good it hurts! Lol

To bad you limited it to pool. Strickland is my least favorite player. I don't mind Shaw, but he's not a favorite. I don't know that I have a favorite.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Favorite is Shaw & Efren

Least is DO, just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe because I've never chatted with him, have spoken to most other pros a lot.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
My favorites over the years were Irving Crane, Mike Sigel, Ralf Souquet and Efren Reyes, but there's no doubt that Efren is my all-time favorite, closely followed by Irving Crane.

My least favorite was and always will be Earl Strickland, one of the most skillful players ever, but one who has far too often shown disrespect for tournament organizers, sponsors, tournament officials, pool's fans and, worst of all, his fellow competitors. Some call it colorful, but I call it disgraceful.

mister__p

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite : Darren Appleton ( super talented and a great guy ), Efren Reyes ( Legendary )

Least Favourite : Dennis Hatch, Earl Strickland

fasted71465

Fast Ed
Silver Member
All I know is the first time I watched Earl in his 2 stroke, dead punch, not miss a ball in two Matches, and it be one of the most awesome things I had ever seen. Then I wanted to be just like him.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Amongst about a hundred, I like them all....
...but this man deserves an honorable mention...

My least favorite player is a guy called Vince Dubickas....
....he busted me at least 40 times when I was a kid...:mad:

... ‘Course, we became friends later on

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Ralf Souquet is as classy a person as one could be...even when getting hounded by Earl. So, he's my favorite.

Least favorite? The list is longer than it should be. I guess it would be Earl (the total butthole)...or maybe Dechaine (the troublemaker)...or maybe Mika (the crybaby)...or maybe Jayson (the arrogant/cockey one)...or maybe, hmmmmm, did I mention Earl or Dechaine?

Maniac

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
....he busted me at least 40 times when Inwas a kid...:mad:

I think I would have learned my lesson way sooner than you did. :grin: You were probably #1 on HIS list of favorite players.

Maniac

Poodle of Doom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amongst about a hundred, I like them all....
...but this man deserves an honorable mention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QiKPDLHdLE

....he busted me at least 40 times when Inwas a kid...:mad:

... ‘Course, we became friends later on

Alex is a great shooter. I do like watching him play.

I'm still waiting to mention Ronnie O'Sullivan, but that's not pool now is it?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Favorite (I love characters)...Keith "Earthquake" McCready. I'll stay off the least fav topic.