Future of American Pro Pool: Young Guns

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to change Joey Barnes to Joey Gray. Joey Barnes is from the Dallas area and he is around 50. Joey Gray is the young gun from Oklahoma.

The list of American Young Guns is beefing up with talent.:cool:

Updated list:

Deo Alpajora
Joey Barnes
Jesse Bowman
Chris Byrne
Justin Bergman
Chip Compton
Brendon Crockett
Mike Dechaine
Oscar Dominguez
Mitch Ellerman
Jess Engel
Chris Furtrell
Jason Klatt
Matt Krah
Raymond Linares
Hunter Lombardo
Shane McMinn
Eric Moore
Sylver Ochoa
Beau Runnigen
Brandon Shuff
Landon Shuffett
Jeremy Sossei
Tommy Tokoph
Shane Van Boening
Shaun Wilkie

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to change Joey Barnes to Joey Gray. Joey Barnes is from the Dallas area and he is around 50. Joey Gray is the young gun from Oklahoma.

Done. Thanks! :smile:

Updated list:

Deo Alpajora
Jesse Bowman
Chris Byrne
Justin Bergman
Chip Compton
Brendon Crockett
Mike Dechaine
Oscar Dominguez
Mitch Ellerman
Jess Engel
Chris Furtrell
Joey Gray
Jason Klatt
Matt Krah
Raymond Linares
Hunter Lombardo
Shane McMinn
Eric Moore
Sylver Ochoa
Beau Runnigen
Brandon Shuff
Landon Shuffett
Jeremy Sossei
Tommy Tokoph
Shane Van Boening
Shaun Wilkie

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What happened to Austin Murphy, Chuckie Holyoke and the young brothers from the Midwest, Adam B.? The kid who used to run around with Dechaine.
Yep, Adam Behnke.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to Austin Murphy, Chuckie Holyoke and the young brothers from the Midwest, Adam B.? The kid who used to run around with Dechaine.

I remember Austin Murphy from California. I saw him almost beat Danny Basavich at the IPT Vegas tourney. The entire joint was sweating it, but Danny was able to pull out of Austin's noose right at the end. I have not heard his name in recent times.

I am not familiar with Chuckie Holyoke, but I think I have heard of Adam. For some reason, the name "Bernanke" rings a bell, but I need to check. If somebody knows about Chuckie and Adam, please provide a little color!

Thanks, Jay, for the info! :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Josh Brothers is a heck of a player, who I believe is under 30.

For sure. I haven't seen Josh in a long while. I always enjoyed running into him on the road. He always made me smile!

Here's a cute shot of Josh and Shawn Wilkie peaking behind the curtain while Pam Treadway accepts trophy honors at the 2005 SBE tournament for women.

Attachments

• 2005VF-PamTreadway.JPG
    2005VF-PamTreadway.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 537

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got a ton of Josh pics, but they're on my other computer. Here's a nice one taken at Drexeline Billiards in PA with Josh and Jose the TD in the middle.

Attachments

• Josh Jose and Keith.JPG
    Josh Jose and Keith.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 574

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Updated list:

Deo Alpajora
Adam Behnke
Jesse Bowman
Chris Byrne
Justin Bergman
Chip Compton
Brendon Crockett
Mike Dechaine
Oscar Dominguez
Mitch Ellerman
Jess Engel
Chris Furtrell
Joey Gray
Chuckie Holyoke
Jason Klatt
Matt Krah
Raymond Linares
Hunter Lombardo
Shane McMinn
Eric Moore
Austin Murphy
Sylver Ochoa
Beau Runnigen
Brandon Shuff
Landon Shuffett
Jeremy Sossei
Tommy Tokoph
Shane Van Boening
Shaun Wilkie

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could you be referring to Adam Behnke? Great player and good kid!

That's it. Thanks! :smile:

Bernard Bernanke is the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board. LOL :p

I've think I've been sweating the recent turn of events in the news a little too much. :embarrassed2:

swami4u

Banned
Updated list:

Deo Alpajora
Adam Behnke
Jesse Bowman
Chris Byrne
Justin Bergman
Chip Compton
Brendon Crockett
Mike Dechaine
Oscar Dominguez
Mitch Ellerman
Jess Engel
Chris Furtrell
Joey Gray
Chuckie Holyoke
Jason Klatt
Matt Krah
Raymond Linares
Hunter Lombardo
Shane McMinn
Eric Moore
Austin Murphy
Sylver Ochoa
Beau Runnigen
Brandon Shuff
Landon Shuffett
Jeremy Sossei
Tommy Tokoph
Shane Van Boening
Shaun Wilkie

Great thread! Lets talk about how we need to support young pros for the future, and butcher their action for years to come.....and you wonder why
pool players cant make money like the 70-80s?

1: the new players don't have the heart to go out and risk anything (not all, most)
2: too much info. available
3: Not enough people teaching old school ways to make money......

Now, lets start going over to player finder, and link some photos next to each name on that list. That way, they have two shots of making some travel money anywhere in the US! I have read your "i traveled with Geese statements" for years lurking this site, you should know better......No hate, or drama, just saying....

With all this info. we know where the new, full time player is going?

BROKE...............

Last edited:

nplum24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Austin Murphy is shooting much pool these days. He has not been at BEF Jr Nationals for the past 3 years. Heard he laid down his pool stick to focus on his Tennis game. ( If this is not true, I might have at least started a good rumor to help him get a good money game going).

rayshooter22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's a few...

Justin Hall, is an open class player and will shoot the lights out if you let him.

Anthony Meglino from the Hollywood area is as tough as nails and along with Justin may just be 21.

Danny Satinoff won the Florida State Amateur title and the kid breaks like Shane... did i mention he may just be 18...

Mike Delawder is getting seasoning and he's from the Orlando area and isn't afraid to mix it up with anyone and plays good all games.

There's some more i'm forgetting I'm sure, but you don't have to like it against these young champions in FL.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great thread! Lets talk about how we need to support young pros for the future, and butcher their action for years to come.....and you wonder why

1: the new players don't have the heart to go out and risk anything (not all, most)

Now, lets start going over to player finder, and link some photos next to each name on that list. That way, they have two shots of making some travel money anywhere in the US! I have read your "i traveled with Geese statements" for years lurking this site, you should know better......No hate, or drama, just saying....

BROKE...............

I traveled with Geese. :D

Attachments

• geeselarge[1].jpg
    geeselarge[1].jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin Hall, is an open class player and will shoot the lights out if you let him.

Anthony Meglino from the Hollywood area is as tough as nails and along with Justin may just be 21.

Danny Satinoff won the Florida State Amateur title and the kid breaks like Shane... did i mention he may just be 18...

Mike Delawder is getting seasoning and he's from the Orlando area and isn't afraid to mix it up with anyone and plays good all games.

There's some more i'm forgetting I'm sure, but you don't have to like it against these young champions in FL.

Thanks for the contribution to the thread! :smile:

Updated list:

Deo Alpajora
Adam Behnke
Jesse Bowman
Chris Byrne
Justin Bergman
Chip Compton
Brendon Crockett
Mike Dechaine
Mike Delawder
Oscar Dominguez
Mitch Ellerman
Jess Engel
Chris Furtrell
Joey Gray
Chuckie Holyoke
Jason Klatt
Matt Krah
Raymond Linares
Hunter Lombardo
Shane McMinn
Anthony Meglino
Eric Moore
Sylver Ochoa
Beau Runnigen
Danny Satinoff
Brandon Shuff
Landon Shuffett
Jeremy Sossei
Tommy Tokoph
Shane Van Boening
Shaun Wilkie

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The world is less supportive of people that seek to hustle or defraud. The majority of openings there are found in petty street crime, politics and, yes...the financial sector!

BROKE...............

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
How about Shane Mcminn.

He's a possibility, but is he willing to spend the next ten yrs constructively elevating his game, his training, and then after this period of time, would he even be able to compete with the asians when he's 40?
One other concern, will pool get in the Olympics then, don't know if I'd train for ten yrs at the age of 30 if it's not already in place.