Happy B-Day to Mary Kenningston aka Nightmare

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy b-day Mary, sorry if I misspelled your name:eek:, Spelling was never my strong suit.

I met Mary in a car, 4 of us packed into a car to ride from the Sands over to KeyStone Cue & Cushion in 86 maybe 87-it was frozen outside. Moving forwards a few years She opened Cuetopia in Vegas(one of the best rooms ever), I had moved to Vegas about 2 years after the room opened. Things were bad for me, I just lost everything on a biz over a 4 year period in NorCal, I went to Vegas because i liked my chances there. I rented a apt near her room, because i liked the room that much and set up shop. Action there was too tough for me to make $$$, but I learned lots. Mary treated me like family, something I needed then and do now as I have no blood family left. She is absolutely one of the best people I have ever known.

When she was on the pro tour we spar together when she came back to town. We never gambled because we were too close, but I played her hard as I could like we had $20,000 on the light. She played a hair better than me, we raced to 11 i'd get to 8,9,10. I needed 2 on the wire. that wasnt important I wanted to win, so did she and we played and played.

Then we didnt see each other for years, that didnt change anything. we saw each other at the Derby one nght and talked for 5 hours until they had to drags us apart, we still might be there talking right now, LOL. We had lots of catching up to do. And we did and still do.

Mary thanks for being in my life,

Love
Eric:):)

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Birthday, Mary!! I met Mary in Binghamton, NY years ago when she came to play in a women's tournament. Right after a road trip with Buddy Hall, as I recall.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Mary Kenniston

Happy Birthday Mary! Love all your pics on Facebook.
Enjoy your day in good health : )
Greg

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
Happy birthday Mary. I was in your room a couple times years ago. One thing i remember is it was one of the cleanest rooms i was ever in.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Birthday Mary! Going to Cuetopia was always mandatory on every trip to Vegas back then...I still have a Cuetopia t-shirt! Hope your health is good, and you're still hittin' 'em like always! Have a great one! :grin-square::thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

little willie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
eric you are right about mary one of my best friends met her in 85 at the us open along with buddy hall the late ny blackie introduce us and we been friends ever since

nightmare

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow! I just saw this! Thanks so much for taking the time to remember my birthday, Eric! You sure stirred up a lot of old memories with your post - good ones, for sure! Don't you wish we could go back to those Cue-Topia days?!!!

And thanks to everyone else for the birthday wishes & glad you're enjoying the photos! You guys are the best!

Mary Kenniston

From '11 Derby City Classic...

Attachments

• Eric Petersen & M Kenniston - '11 DCC - Elizabeth, IN - PC of Rixx Images.jpg
    Eric Petersen & M Kenniston - '11 DCC - Elizabeth, IN - PC of Rixx Images.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 182

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Happy Birthday Mary! Going to Cuetopia was always mandatory on every trip to Vegas back then...I still have a Cuetopia t-shirt! Hope your health is good, and you're still hittin' 'em like always! Have a great one! :grin-square::thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Ah, the word Cuetopia brings back some memories.

In '95, a 16 year old kid, who looked like he was 11, spent a week in there when he wasn't playing in the BCA juniors.
He played $100 and $200 sets and came out ahead with everyone he played.

He later became known as the Lion.

Happy Birthday, Mary.