Happy Birthday Gus

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy birthday, Gus. I wonder what his reaction would be to how the cue "industry" (if you will) has been impacted by him....

nasc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry,
It is a tough time of year to lose someone you love. I, like you, have lost a loved one during the Holiday season. It is a tough time of year. We still have our memories, to hold on to. I wish you and your loved ones a Holiday season filled with happy memories of your dad. A toast to Gus.
Glen

kamdaswani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With respect...

dear barry,

i did not get the privilege of knowing your dad but i have had the good fortune of being your friend - children are in many ways a reflection of their parents ... so in knowing you, i have a glimpse of how wonderful a man your father must have been...

i shall keep him in our prayers today,
kam/meera

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
szamboti said:
Today would be my Dad's 77th birthday.
It's a tough day for me.
I'm lucky in some ways. My idol was my Dad.
I wish you all could have known that as great a cuemaker
that he was, he was an even better man.

Happy Birthdady to the Man!

I shoot with one of your dads cues, as you know he made that cue for my uncle, who was my best friend. I met your dad when I was 14 and it was at a time when I didn't know much, (or I would have had my uncle buy the cue he offered to me) not that I do now either. :)
There is not a day when I shoot pool that I don't think about both people. Your dad made it possible for me to stay connected with my uncle George, and for that I will always be grateful.

Happy b-day to your dad..

JV

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My best to you both. I have to admit a sense of reverence in alluding to the memory of your father even indirectly. Thank you for allowing us to share in this time, and thanks to your Dad for allowing so many to share in him for all time.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
szamboti said:
It's a tough day for me.

Thanks for the heads-up Barry, and here is one for you Gus, to me you will always be one of my greatest hero's.!!!!!!:bow-down: :bow-down: :)

Very Respectfully

Craig

Last edited:

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry, I only got to meet your Pop one time, but that was enough to really get my interest into cue making/repair. The coolest deal is that your Dad did what he loved and still touched so many people in the process!!!!

all my best, Gerry

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hi barry...

szamboti said:
It's a tough day for me.

what a B e a u t i f u l post!!

i just hope that my children have similar thoughts about me one day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DAD!!

and thanks for sharing this with all of us,
all the best,
smokey

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Happy Birthday to your father. It is a testament to him that you share his passion for cuemaking and carry on his legacy.

8&snap

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the nicest man

Happy b/day gus!!barry,had the pleasure to meet your dad & mom in late 86. Drove up there to buy a cue(thinking he had one already made up) & was shocked when he said a year wait,got to bs-ing,spent 5 hours talking to him & your mom yelled down that supper was almost ready & he said to set a extra plate. After supper we went into the living room & there was the table sitting up on that platform(im sure you remember that) & gus said"play a lil with that cue there & i did,he then ask what weight i thought it was, i said about 19 1/2 at best, it was 21 1/2 & said it was his cue & in the same breath said its yours for $300.The cue still resides 3 blocks away & the guy wont budge on it,long winded post but it shows what kind of folks you were blessed with. I still remember the cue he was building as we talked,it had a skull & cross bones in the butt & gus kept shaking his head & said "who would want this in a cue", i think he hated it....ha!! . Best Reguards to ya bro

Last edited:

The Beginner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Happy Bday Gus...even though i haven't talked to you on the phone..but I spoke to your Son Barry which is one of the nicest person i've talked to.

Happy 77th Bday again to you !!!!!

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
I'm sure he's watching

The legacy of your dad that you are carrying on is the best way to show your love and respect. He must be proud. I work with my dad every day and feel blessed, he's 83. Thanks for sharing this, we care.

TommyT

pocono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry,
I never had the chance to meet your Father but I was blessed to have met you, a reflection of your dad. I share your pain, My Mom and Dad passed, I miss and think about them every day. You made your Father proud.
God Bless,
Charles Fugarino

stanthebanker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Barry

As we reflected on our parents at Valley Forge little did I know that your fathers birthday was the same day my father passed in 2004. Our memories will always be cherrished as I'm sure we were both blessed with wonderful parents. Wishing you and your family a Happy Holiday Season.

Your Friend,

Stan

Justlovecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
szamboti said:
It's a tough day for me.

Barry, your Dad was and still is 'THE KING' of cuemakers. I am having a cue done for me which will be, like many cue lovers have, a Szamboti tribute. God bless your Dad for he still lives for many of us!

Last edited: