How do you think of this amazing table?

What color do you more like?

• Total voters

kevina

RASSON BILLIARDS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This "Victory" table is new designed by us in this year. Currently, there is only this ONE table in the world...

The table was first showed at the biggest billiards exhibition in Asia Guangzhou International Billiards Exhibition(GBE 2012) in this March, numerious of visitors thought this table was amazing and Florian Kohler had a show on this table.

This Octomber, this table was second showed in Nanchang and was choosen to be the filming table of Venom DVDII.

Which color of this table do you like? and

What color do you want it to be?

Attachments

• victory(blue).jpg
    victory(blue).jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,198
  • victory(metal gray).jpg
    victory(metal gray).jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,201
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,959

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Looks real sporty! Some deep orange/brown/coppar metallic with a tan/gold cloth would look ossume:).

What will be the price? Welcome to PM me of course.

Btw how do you adjust everything to be exactly straight? What sizes on the slate?

Nice to see something new!

Chrippa

kevina

RASSON BILLIARDS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you like it, Chrippa. We haven't confirmed the final price, because we're still working on some details of this table, to make the playability perfect. We'll consider to do the colors according to customers' ideas~ and the scheduled date to produce this table in mass will be from beginning of next year, but we can accept order now.^_^

This table is 9ft, so the slate size is 107"x57"x1". The table is using the top quality slate, which is much higher than the BCA standard.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry to say

i dont care for the look of the table.
Color would not matter.
I'm just not into the ultra modern, robotic look.

That being said, good luck, i hope you sell a lot of them.

SLIM

Finy

Registered
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
One piece slate?

It is indeed a good looking design. However, the design of the table base is a bit questionable if three pieces slates are used. Even with one piece slate, the center of the table still suffers larger tension than the sides. Wish you a successful business.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Now that I looked a little more carefully - the pockets are pretty flush. Good luck with the table sales! Looks contempo for sure.

Last edited:

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Looks like they would work great on a level floor but it would not work too well on uneven floors?

Bowmer

"Shooter"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Looks good to me guys... not much of a problem leveling considering that you would likely level the bed of the table instead of leveling from the base of the legs. Don't see much problem from an Engineering standpoint either. Good luck w/ the sales.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
I like the table, it looks great but I wonder how it plays. Where will there be one to play on in the US? Nice shot of Nathan and Florian too. :smile:

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Looks good to me guys... not much of a problem leveling considering that you would likely level the bed of the table instead of leveling from the base of the legs. Don't see much problem from an Engineering standpoint either. Good luck w/ the sales.

With a perfectly level floor that would the case but what if you had a slope on your floor? You can level out the slate if there is a 1inch slope difference from one end of the table to the other. All tables should be leveled by the frame/base first and then the slate, if done properly.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
i don't like the looks at all
especially the pockts .look is not really all that modern and certainly not traditional

it is a liitle better without the writing and advertisement

not a home table

its not sleek enough to be modern on futuristic

diamonds have nothing to worry about if these cost anywhere near the same

i will stick with american tables

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
is this a for sale thread or an opinion solicitation thread?

if the op is interested in poolplayers opinions of this table design, why not end what you have here in wanted/for sale, and repost it in the main forum?

I think it's pretty cool looking, btw, but am compelled to buy American.

best,
brian kc

Bill812

Bill812
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool design, but the first thing I thought about when I saw it was how stable is it? It looks like it could be a very dangerous item to perform a masse' shot with a knee up on the table, let alone if anyone leans on it too much or even a long reach shot. It looks like it would be very prone to tipping with not too much wieght on the head or foot side of the table. If it is a heavy slate playing surface, it will be a lot of wieght crashing to the floor, could be a lawyers dream...Hate to rain on your parade, but unless this table is levelled and bolted to the floor, there could be some real legal issues.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Very cool design, but the first thing I thought about when I saw it was how stable is it? It looks like it could be a very dangerous item to perform a masse' shot with a knee up on the table, let alone if anyone leans on it too much or even a long reach shot. It looks like it would be very prone to tipping with not too much wieght on the head or foot side of the table. If it is a heavy slate playing surface, it will be a lot of wieght crashing to the floor, could be a lawyers dream...Hate to rain on your parade, but unless this table is levelled and bolted to the floor, there could be some real legal issues.

No way it is "very prone to tipping with not too much wieght on the head or foot side of the table", that's crazy talk.

Dave

Bowmer

"Shooter"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No way it is "very prone to tipping with not too much wieght on the head or foot side of the table", that's crazy talk.

Dave

I agree that there is no way. You have to remember you would have to tip the whole weight of the slate and frame on the opposite end of the table over towards you, hinged on the leg nearest you. You would be like a 30 lb kid on a teeter totter w a 400 lb man on the other side no way to budge it. Not even jumping on it. I could draw some Engineering Diagrams & do the calcs... but that is work and .... we are on a Billiards forum

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I know the brand of this table and have played on them on several occasions, in china of course. They're pretty well made but then again I was shooting more than scrutinizing the quality.

That said i'm not a big fan of this table and I'm a pretty modern guy that'd buy my furniture from DWR, Restoration Hardware or Lignet Roset as opposed to traditional brands..personally this table to me looks very 90s...you know how retro and old stuff looks cool, like older Brunswick tables and classic designs? those table looks cool even in modern decor. But this table looks like it was designed in the 90s but had the year 2050 in mind, tried so hard to be futuristic but failed miserably. Just watch any 90s film about the future and observe the setting and fashion, it's not even close to where we are today..ie., Back To The Future...

With that it actually draws me to another question...

Why aren't there any accessibly priced pool table with nice modern and contemporary designs from major brands? I know William Sonoma has one but that's a vintage rustic looking table. Why don't any of these brands hire some good industrial designer or furniture designers to do up a nice modern collection...is the market not big enough? Don't get me wrong, I love the way a GC or Diamond Pro looks, would be proud to have it at home but those aren't very modern center pieces...hmmm...

If only we get to vote on cross collaboration tables, of my head I can think of 4 cross brand collaboration table designs I'd love to see.

1) Hardware Restoration - with they're current new vintage theme going on I'm sure it'll be a great cool centernpiece deisgn. Can already imagine their old aerospace design element on the table..

2) B&B Italia (Antonio Citterio) - this should be a modern and sophisticated design that's timeless and elegant.

3) Bang & Olufsen - tell me you didn't drool at those cool looking TV and speakers...

4) Richard Mille or Audemar Piguet - This Swiss watch maker would make the table super cool with so much engineering coolness! Don't forget that quality...

Last edited:

kevina

RASSON BILLIARDS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for every above comments. Glad to know you like it and of course we understand someone do not. It's a natural thing, and we welcome every suggestion, because in that way we can improve and do better. We're currently working on the pockets and checking some details of this table. We sure will use the best material we could find to use on every part of this table. Don't worry about the leveling problem, we have worked a looooong time on this, if you ever tried this table, you'll believe what I say.

We have worked really hard on this table and we'll continue to work on it. All we're trying is to create a table that with the best playability for people who love billiards.

Someone prefer home tables, sure we produce them too. You can find also in my albums of blog.

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I also believe this should be removed fron wanted/sale section and put in the main forum.

Where are the moderators! :confused:

resurrecta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's only a suggestion, but for the pockets, I'd say take a look at the Chevillotte's tables. They offer standard plastic pockets, but they also have leather modern shaped pockets. Those leather ones are awesome and modern at the same time, check them out.