BVal said:I am just curious how hard people think they break. That other thread got me wondering.
BVal
APA team nationals in Vegas this year....21, 22, 21 (didn't really JUMP on any of them, just a very hard break sroke). A buddy wanted to try it the next day, and all he could muster was 19 as his highest. He didn't believe me when I said all 3 of my previous tries were 20+....so, I gave it another go. 23,24,22; of course I was trying to CRUSH it since he didn't believe me. Right after, we went over and talked with Allison Fisher, and Gerta Hofstetter, and I had to ask if they'd tried the break gun. Allison, said she'd like to give it a go, so I told her I'd buy her 3 tries....she went 18, 19, 18, and decided she wanted to try for 20, and the guys let her go for 3 more - 19, 19, 18. She just smiled afterward, and said, yeah, but did you notice I made something on all of those. Of course, I told everyone I could that Allison had a BIGGER break than my teammate, and have ribbed him about it since
BTW, they had a contest for biggest break out there, and I didn't even try to enter it....there were a couple of 30+s recorded (I think 31 was the highest), and quite a few 25s, 26s, 27s, etc....sheesh. I was told the guy who lead with 31 had a 32 also, but didn't keep it on the table. THAT'S FAST!!!! 40??? would like to see it!!!!