I need help to evaluate a set of balls

BLONDI

New member
I won these on a local auction . Where should I sell them and what should I expect as a fair value . They are a full set of Brunswick & Balke Compo-Ivory billiard balls in original box and packing material .
 

Attachments

  • BALLS1.jpg
    BALLS1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 918
not an expert on this set of balls

but for 45 years i bought and sold collectables in my jewelry stores, and having played pool for 65 plus years.

2 things i can tell you,

the balls will not play near as good as many made today, so not much good for use as pool balls.

2nd, they look quite used and in poor shape, the box torn, collectors want mint condition items.

value for sale ------- not much
 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oooooph ... the sound of Blondi's heart breaking. Sorry but I have to agree with desi. :(
 
Yeah, those guys are probably right. I am dumb though and will give you $200 for em~
 
What's "Compo-Ivory"?

According to Mike Shamos, a very reliable source, Compo-ivory is ground-up ivory
bits....sorta like eating hamburger instead of steak.

but I agree with Celtic....they are worth something....over 100 years old.
 
Yeah, those guys are probably right. I am dumb though and will give you $200 for em~
Maybe not so stupid as you let on.

Here is what the Stellingas have to say about what could be an identical set but not marketed by Brunswick and in better condition:

Stellinga 001.jpg
 
The box is typical of the condition available and could probably get $100 or more by itself. Or at least that what I was seeing when I followed ball auctions on Ebay.
 
Quick search has a ball that is cracked but in much better physical appearance than any of these and it is selling for $10.
 
Back
Top