I want your opinion

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the McDermott D4 for about 20 years and the Irish Linen wrap is kind of dirty and worn out. I want to have it replaced and I've never really liked the maroon. It looks worse in person than in this picture, it's almost red in the pic, but a darker maroon in reality. I'm thinking of going black. What color would you guys pick?

18714764123_812d5e607a_b.jpg

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had the McDermott D4 for about 20 years and the Irish Linen wrap is kind of dirty and worn out. I want to have it replaced and I've never really liked the maroon. It looks worse in person than in this picture, it's almost red in the pic, but a darker maroon in reality. I'm thinking of going black. What color would you guys pick?

Can't go wrong with white with black speck or black with white speck.

I used to try to match the wrap to the woods but found it only makes the cue look cheap. I just recently re-wrapped my own cue. It has Cocobolo in it and had a brown with white speck wrap on it. I just put a solid black wrap on and it looks great now. I never did like that wrap I had done on it years ago.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cannot go wrong with black. White w/brown specs is a classy look. That would be my first choice.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
White with Brown or Double-Brown is Classy. If your hands sweat a lot,
you may want to go Brown with Black Specks, Black with Red Specks.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
neon green and yellow - then go get a blue brim hat. Keep it real bro but remember one thing - pimin' ain't easy.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
White. It looks really good with that stain. Only issue would be over time it's more noticeable of dirt build up. I had an old helms VIP with a white wrap, but had it meuccied, finish over wrap, it looked fantastic.

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That is one beautiful D4 ... colors are subjective but another option you have would be to sell me that Cue just the way it is.

I'm serious if you ever become interested.

Good rolls

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
I hope you're going with majority rules...because I have to agree with the white with brown speck (double brown really). I think that would look really sharp! :)

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
White with Double Brown first choice and Black second. Please post a pic after it is done, nice cues.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the white speckled wrap would look very nice. Anyone have Photoshop abilities?

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the look of white, but the dirt thing kind of rules it out. I like the idea of black with brown speck and I've also seen a black with gold speck that would look nice.

White with Double Brown first choice and Black second. Please post a pic after it is done, nice cues.
I definitely will.

I think the white speckled wrap would look very nice. Anyone have Photoshop abilities?
That would be great to see in advance what it would look like.