Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I say yer incorrect, while I may not care for whirld pro's attitiude I am familiar with sum' of the prize $ logistics. Kinda some irony for j.s. - in that it's his own possible fake news scandal - that has actually inspired a Legit - 14.1 challenge - mhmm! Top talent will surface under chamberlain's 14.1 challenge, their will be unedited footage for sale - to both 'Open Public' and semi public' - when a top shelf player truly surpasses 5 centuries +. Any of yer doubts - are probly the future of 14.1 - maybe that is why yer a usedto bee - eh sunshine. :)
Are the corners going to be 5 1/2"? If so, do you consider that "Legit" for record attempts?

gerryf

Is anyone sure this is the same person posting?? Could there be two Danny Harriman's?

Danny Harriman, March 10 2021

I say yer incorrect, while I may not care for whirld pro's attitiude I am familiar with sum' of the prize $ logistics. Kinda some irony for j.s. - in that it's his own possible fake news scandal - that has actually inspired a Legit - 14.1 challenge - mhmm! Top talent will surface under chamberlain's 14.1 challenge, their will be unedited footage for sale - to both 'Open Public' and semi public' - when a top shelf player truly surpasses 5 centuries +. Any of yer doubts - are probly the future of 14.1 - maybe that is why yer a usedto bee - eh sunshine. Plus the only reason made it look difficult - is he did not show any shred of real evidence - that he has in fact run 626. Possible attempted theft of Mosconi's true 526 is all I saw from the bca/j.s. teem'. But yea I guess there is sum return for the 'bca/csi/j.s./ pred cue cabal'.

Danny Harriman, Mar 14 2007
Hello fellow 14.1 enthusiasts, I just thought I would share with someone that last night I ran a 156. A few weeks ago I ran a 200 and caught it on tape however it was ugly as I had many difficult shots. Last night's run was smooth, the equip. I'm playing on is an early 1900's Brunswick ball return table, it has a few squirly' spots in the slate due to the age factor but besides that the table is in fine shape. The cushions are K66 and the cloth is not brand new, I might add also that this table is in a basement which makes it more difficult to disperse the rack due to humidity. Someone on this forum is allway's referring to that perfect 14.1 run (Steve Lipsky) well I realize that it is nothing like John Shmidt's 246, I have ran over 200 many times but never before did it look as easy as this particular run. I have watched John's recording of his run and he makes it look easy, what a great champion he is. I thought maybe I will make a commentary of my little 156 if anyone would be interested pM me back and I might get a hacker to show me how to display it here on the computer.
Your's truly, Danny Harriman (Bob Jewett's 14.1 challenge Champ)

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless he’s offering a million for running 527, or 627, or 769 balls, I doubt anyone will show up. It’s too hard to do. Schmidt proved that.

I believe you are not correct.

First off, I would characterize the prize monies involved as “substantial” and more than sufficient to motivate the best players out there.

Second, keep in mind that Mosconi and Cranfield frequently put up huge numbers and while 600+ is quite a goal, it’s doable. And while it may have taken JS months and months, I think it is very possible —given all that is coming together in terms of money, equipment, conditions, and players — his record will fall in relatively short order.

That’s just my opinion... I guess we’ll all find out.

Lou Figueroa

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you are not correct.

First off, I would characterize the prize monies involved as “substantial” and more than sufficient to motivate the best players out there.

Second, keep in mind that Mosconi and Cranfield frequently put up huge numbers and while 600+ is quite a goal, it’s doable. And while it may have taken JS months and months, I think it is very possible —given all that is coming together in terms of money, equipment, conditions, and players — his record will fall in relatively short order.

That’s just my opinion... I guess we’ll all find out.

Lou Figueroa

So someone is going to put up "substantial" prize money, and have a venue for 10 or so pros who can realistically do this, and have multiple cameras on each table, and do this long enough (4 weeks?) for one of the 10 pros to break "one of the records". I'd say that's a 500,000USD expenditure. Someone is going to put up that cash just to shut up JS? I don't buy it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is anyone sure this is the same person posting?? Could there be two Danny Harriman's?

I say yer incorrect, while I may not care for whirld pro's attitiude I am familiar with sum' of the prize $ logistics. Kinda some irony for j.s. - in that it's his own possible fake news scandal - that has actually inspired a Legit - 14.1 challenge - mhmm! Top talent will surface under chamberlain's 14.1 challenge, their will be unedited footage for sale - to both 'Open Public' and semi public' - when a top shelf player truly surpasses 5 centuries +. Any of yer doubts - are probly the future of 14.1 - maybe that is why yer a usedto bee - eh sunshine. Plus the only reason made it look difficult - is he did not show any shred of real evidence - that he has in fact run 626. Possible attempted theft of Mosconi's true 526 is all I saw from the bca/j.s. teem'. But yea I guess there is sum return for the 'bca/csi/j.s./ pred cue cabal'.

Hello fellow 14.1 enthusiasts, I just thought I would share with someone that last night I ran a 156. A few weeks ago I ran a 200 and caught it on tape however it was ugly as I had many difficult shots. Last night's run was smooth, the equip. I'm playing on is an early 1900's Brunswick ball return table, it has a few squirly' spots in the slate due to the age factor but besides that the table is in fine shape. The cushions are K66 and the cloth is not brand new, I might add also that this table is in a basement which makes it more difficult to disperse the rack due to humidity. Someone on this forum is allway's referring to that perfect 14.1 run (Steve Lipsky) well I realize that it is nothing like John Shmidt's 246, I have ran over 200 many times but never before did it look as easy as this particular run. I have watched John's recording of his run and he makes it look easy, what a great champion he is. I thought maybe I will make a commentary of my little 156 if anyone would be interested pM me back and I might get a hacker to show me how to display it here on the computer.
A lot can happen / change in 14 years!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So someone is going to put up "substantial" prize money, and have a venue for 10 or so pros who can realistically do this, and have multiple cameras on each table, and do this long enough (4 weeks?) for one of the 10 pros to break "one of the records". I'd say that's a 500,000USD expenditure. Someone is going to put up that cash just to shut up JS? I don't buy it.

And where is the return? The only way someone would do this is if they were a multi-millionaire and loved straight pool, and did it as a charity. It would never make any money.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Holly molly! What happened to you?

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
And where is the return? The only way someone would do this is if they were a multi-millionaire and loved straight pool, and did it as a charity. It would never make any money.
Bingo. You are correct on all of this. Now if you and all others could just continue to post like this instead of posting anything negative then more people would love to see a very successful event. Of course some people just can't be positive and have to try to find negative or create doubt or drama when a good thing is happening. These are the same people that watch a free live stream just to post negative comments in the chat room. Those people will be remembered and be barred not only from making comments but also from even watching the stream. Continue on please.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bingo. You are correct on all of this. Now if you and all others could just continue to post like this instead of posting anything negative then more people would love to see a very successful event. Of course some people just can't be positive and have to try to find negative or create doubt or drama when a good thing is happening. These are the same people that watch a free live stream just to post negative comments in the chat room. Those people will be remembered and be barred not only from making comments but also from even watching the stream. Continue on please.
Can I hold a hundred? :):):)

9ballscorpion

It is good that you can at least - question why (along with many others) they choose to not release the unedited footage for sale to 'Open Public', there was just a constant theme of who really cares if it's true or not - 65+year old standing record from yer fellow forms of dimly lit posters - that I did not care for? I think that mentality is just another attempt at sweeping the dirt under the rug, it does not matter if it's regulars or unleaded who have posted - this is still the longest running thread (directly related to Pocket Billiards) - in az's history. Straight Pool is played World wide, I was in Asia and the main Pool Room they were playing - guess what - 14.1. So while the here in the States Organized Pocket Billiards has been demoted to mostly bar leagues - in other Country's they have not forgotten about 14.1. It sounds like you suffer a bit from short attention span deficit - order, so again take a look at the bigger land - all over Europe and Asia (organized 14.1 leagues). I don't know how many true 14.1 students out there - or as u bangers say 'die hard fans' - lol - but kinda bitter. 1 thing's for sure yer not ONE of them - but there are more than u know. I uh purciate yer candor. But ur an or' rather than can'. People with short attention span - are usually interested in 'get rich quick schemes' i.e. claiming to have run 626 - only to hide the unedited evidence from the people. I really think u and book collector - should go to their next 626 theater show.

You are really funny.

This is way off topic, but I got to see you play once, ages ago, at the Billiard Center, in Cape Girardeau.

You played this guy on the front table, where you had to switch playing hands every other shot, and you were getting out playing like that.

I thought that was really cool, and you seemed like a really cool, friendly, and down to earth type of person, which is very different then the nasty way that you are acting toward me, in your replies.

And about the high run, I do not think that John Schmidt, among other reputable people that I read, who have seen the video, would lie about the run, and it is his business who he wants to show it to, and how he wants to go about doing it.

And if it turns out that he, and others are lying, they they should know that it will eventually come out, and it would only make them look really bad in the world of Pool.

Therefore, I think that it is very unlikely that the high run is not legit.

I do not know John Schmidt, but he seems like a really cool, down to earth, and honest person.

For whatever reason, I guess there is a good reason as to why the video is not available to the public yet.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I am hoping to get John to AZ to show it and also to watch it for myself. Plenty of credible people have seen it.

John Schmidt said this on FB a few hours ago and it makes sense.

"I don't understand why people think I didn't really do it.heck I ran 320, 395, 382,464 on live stream in bullshooters.im not the greatest player but I thought it's common knowledge that if the stars align and I get real lucky it is possible I run 626."

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am hoping to get John to AZ to show it and also to watch it for myself. Plenty of credible people have seen it.

"I don't understand why people think I didn't really do it.heck I ran 320, 395, 382,464 on live stream in bullshooters.im not the greatest player but I thought it's common knowledge that if the stars align and I get real lucky it is possible I run 626."
Keep me posted if that happens. I'll donate.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member

I don't think there are many...if any at all...who think he didn't do it. There are just a few who really really really really wish he hadn't.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think there are many...if any at all...who think he didn't do it. There are just a few who really really really really wish he hadn't.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

I disagree.

I think some just wonder why, two years removed, unedited video of the run hasn’t been released. Ostensibly it was to monetize the recording and that’s totally reasonable. But still, two years later no video has been released and there have only been limited showings of an edited tape, a portion of which is always shown at 2x. So there hasn’t been much in the way of monetization.

Lastly, I believe most reasonable people believe records are made to be broken. Mosconi’s record has stood for a long time and I think given the right conditions and incentive it can be surpassed *and documented with a verifiable recording* by today’s high caliber ball strikers.

Lou Figueroa

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I disagree.

I think some just wonder why, two years removed, unedited video of the run hasn’t been released. Ostensibly it was to monetize the recording and that’s totally reasonable. But still, two years later no video has been released and there have only been limited showings of an edited tape, a portion of which is always shown at 2x. So there hasn’t been much in the way of monetization.

Lastly, I believe most reasonable people believe records are made to be broken. Mosconi’s record has stood for a long time and I think given the right conditions and incentive it can be surpassed *and documented with a verifiable recording* by today’s high caliber ball strikers.

Lou Figueroa
Being puzzled about why people do what they do is understandable. I don't see how it leads to the accusations some are dreaming up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuedup

Going from wondering why they cant have an unedited video to its a giant conspiracy involving some of the biggest names in the pool world is how small minded conspiracy theorist convince themselves they can understand the complicated world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.