Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
This is probly' my last post about on this thread. To those in the beginning who stated - nobody cares - u were wrong as this is the longest thread about Pocket Billiards in AZ history.
That only means it's the biggest trainwreck - as the engineer you get credit for it.

pj
chgo

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It only kept going because the person who started it dredged up a 9 month old post to quote every time it slowed down.

The fact is, you failed to sway anyone to doubt the legitimacy of the run and looked foolish trying.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
It only kept going because the person who started it dredged up a 9 month old post to quote every time it slowed down.

The fact is, you failed to sway anyone to doubt the legitimacy of the run and looked foolish trying.

Yeah, he found out that he was in a very small minority.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Maybe I should test the theory....seemed like he used to like to dig up my past posts to reply to, for some odd reason.

Guess I need to put some content in here, to make it topical enough to spur something. Interesting that we haven't seen Danny go shoot at the Chamberlain Invitational yet...perhaps in 2022?

And does this mean XradarX is stopping the posts in this thread, as well? Inquiring minds, ya know

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a boring game
If it mattered , there would have been years of news stories, books, interviews. commercials, advertisements. parodies, puppets
John would be rich from all the endorsements , speaking engagements, etc.
None of that happened , because nobody cares. Edited to read "nobody cares ,except the 30 people who keep posting in this thread , and 26 of them are just doing it for a goof.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It's a boring game
If it mattered , there would have been years of news stories, books, interviews. commercials, advertisements. parodies, puppets
John would be rich from all the endorsements , speaking engagements, etc.
None of that happened , because nobody cares. Edited to read "nobody cares ,except the 30 people who keep posting in this thread , and 26 of them are just doing it for a goof.
That's true. I care almost zero about straight pool although grew up when Mosconi was still playing some. I'm here to push back on the few that want to attack what Schmidt accomplished just because they have some petty beef with him. And yes, it's fun to play with their simple little brains.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
When these people/a.i. programs - say the Classic game of 14.1 is boring - I ask them what their high run is, it never fails - they never ran a 100. lol to the phony's in the fake news crowd, they will never comprehend what it's like to run an easy century in 14.1.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When these people/a.i. programs - say the Classic game of 14.1 is boring - I ask them what their high run is, it never fails - they never ran a 100. lol to the phony's in the fake news crowd, they will never comprehend what it's like to run an easy century in 14.1.
I'll take, 'things only a dolt would put on his resume' for $100, Alex.

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never played the game, but the thought of someone running that many is pretty amazing. Takes great focus. I don't even know how many I would be able to run. I hope it is legit.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have never played the game, but the thought of someone running that many is pretty amazing. Takes great focus. I don't even know how many I would be able to run. I hope it is legit.
True, but think of the focus required to dedicate two years straight to nothing but trying to discredit someone's achievement.

rustysregular10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True, but think of the focus required to dedicate two years straight to nothing but trying to discredit someone's achievement.

That's what I'm saying. It takes great focus to accomplish that. I hope it is true because that is impressive.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
And for what gain?😉
Trying to save their emotions from the overwhelming loss and sadness they feel when their exalted hero was dethroned. They were incredibly emotionally attached and invested in a way that was both abnormal and unhealthy.

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That's what I'm saying. It takes great focus to accomplish that. I hope it is true because that is impressive.
You may be misunderstanding me if you are new to the thread.

Yes, John S showed great dedication to set the record.

Unfortunately, a few here with an axe to grind have dedicated themselves to discredit John's run. It's why the thread is a million pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.