Jackpot Cue

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
This is what we've all come here to see and we're not getting disappointed, it's a real barn burner folks, rounding the last turn it's Gratuitous battling it out with In Your Face, but wait, Laughable is making a move on the outside, now Lettuce is sprinting and has him by a head and Tomato is trying to ketch-up but looks to be getting all bottled up...!!!

And down the stretch they come and it now appears to be a two horse race, it's Gratuitous, it's Laughable, Gratuitous, now Laughable it's a photo finish, we have a photo finish folks, Laughable and Gratuitous just unbelievable.

best,
brian kc

That reminds me of this horse race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUnlHzjcBGY

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I promised myself I wouldn’t do this but:

Go to Dean’s threads and read it in chronologically order:

-Cues made from Jack

-Cues are in and Dean promised to take pictures of Jack next to a lathe. He doesn’t take pics for the cues he sells but suddenly he’s going to take pics of Jack next to a lathe? Knowingly Jack didn’t build any cues.

I have no beef but if you guys saw how this played out in a month’s time then you will see how unethical it was.

The guy is a SNAKE.... Newest LIE: I am selling my 9' Centennial because I am quitting all of this.... Then I see an ad in the wanted section: "wanted oversized 8 foot centennial in dallas" FULL OF $HIT is what he is.

TFT

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy is a SNAKE.... Newest LIE: I am selling my 9' Centennial because I am quitting all of this.... Then I see an ad in the wanted section: "wanted oversized 8 foot centennial in dallas" FULL OF $HIT is what he is.

TFT
Makes shade-tree used car dealers look like legit businesses. So full of s^*t. How many times has he quit/re-started?????? So lame.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Doesn't really matter other than idle curiosity but where did this "remaining stock" of Jackpot cues come from?

Hu

From what Dean said here on AZ, after he sold out the first batch for $500, he ordered a second batch and tried to sell them for $600. The Zorro edition. That's when it all hit the fan. The delivery date was expected February/March. Maybe he got stuck with them.

Highlights of the post: ("Jack still has some great shaft wood and plans to build about a dozen more" LOL a "Jackpot on STEROIDS") - Translation. A Schmelke with a price tag on steroids.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=504878

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the picture Dean was going to post of Jack next to the lathe was a nice touch, lol

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
The grifter mentality and good ol' boy network has always been a part of the old time pool room scene since I can remember. Fake cues, steering people into bad games, throwing matches, chopping cash. Hustler's taking milk money from strangers. It's the sleaze factor of pool culture. Conning someone is just part of the racket. Some people think it beats working for a living.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The grifter mentality and good ol' boy network has always been a part of the old time pool room scene since I can remember. Fake cues, steering people into bad games, throwing matches, chopping cash. Hustler's taking milk money from strangers. It's the sleaze factor of pool culture. Conning someone is just part of the racket. Some people think it beats working for a living.
The pool scene definitely ain't church. If you get conned/grifted its often one's own fault. Seen it a zillion times. You have to go in with your eyes open and be wary. I've never bit on one of deano's cues. I know he's sold a lot of nice stuff but the j'pot caper really tarnished his mojo. I haven't followed ever minute detail. Has he ever apologized??? Did he just slime his way out?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
PM'ed me

Or maybe, just maybe, Deano is much more clever than some give him credit for, figuring that Jennie was lady enough to give him a public "thank you" for an unexpected gift. :wink:

Dean PM'ed me well before the poop hit the fan. Explained marketing 101. Pretty obvious he considers himself a master marketer and the rest of us a test group at best.

He claims he actually gave away a handful of the cues. If so, nothing more likely than that he would get some good ink in return. Clever and cunning aren't quite the same and I have came to suspect that cunning describes Dean better.

Hu

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I am not ready to think dean was trying to butter our coffee by gifting a cue to Mr. Seasons. I bet dean has give a lot of cues away over the years and probably never got grief for it before, especially not to the scale here.

It is just a piece of wood: not as generous as a kidney or a car, and better than a soda or a friendship card.

Dean likes to have a connection with the heroes of our game.

If it works though it's the best $215 he's spent.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

that s exactly the reason why pool is there where it is- and then people still wondering about it.

hope your doin great Tate- stay healthy my friend.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member

Haha...well said!
And isn't that the ambiance that drew us all into this from the beginning? :eek:

Just remember....if it smells like a fish, it's probably a fish.:cool:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha...well said!
And isn't that the ambiance that drew us all into this from the beginning? :eek:

Just remember....if it smells like a fish, it's probably a fish.:cool:
Exactly. Well said.The lure of $$$ not worked for is how a LOT of players started. I was hooked from day one.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I haven't followed ever minute detail. Has he ever apologized??? Did he just slime his way out?

Nope. Just kept lying and lying. He tried every ploy imaginable for sympathy.

I always thought he was just some kooky cue dealer but :shakehead:

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
I believe he posted in a RIP thread and then as that was accepted he started adding a few more posts, poof he is back.

The pool scene definitely ain't church. If you get conned/grifted its often one's own fault. Seen it a zillion times. You have to go in with your eyes open and be wary. I've never bit on one of deano's cues. I know he's sold a lot of nice stuff but the j'pot caper really tarnished his mojo. I haven't followed ever minute detail. Has he ever apologized??? Did he just slime his way out?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
The whole "Jackpot" disaster happened because Dean was spamming the forum 24/7 with all kinds of thinly disguised sales pitches for these cues, must have been a dozen threads. Honestly, if he'd posted a thread in the for sale forum, I wouldn't have cared at all, as I wasn't in the market for a cue like this. But Dean made damned sure that everyone knew about these cues, in a way that directly contradicts forum rules. He also misrepresented who made them.

The above things are what made people mad. You're free to market a 300 dollar cue for 600 or a million for that matter, but you can't lie about who made it. You also cannot market your cues in the main forum. Obviously Dean has gotten away with that before, so this time he pulled out all the stops and spammed the forum non-stop. Naturally the people who pointed out these things are evil bullies, especially if they called out the questionable materials and build quality:rolleyes:. When you see someone as cynical and unscroupulous in their sales practises as this, naturally you assume some things about the people defending him, especially making special threads (again in the main forum, not the review section) to market these cues further.

I wasn't going to comment until I heard the victim card being pulled, yet again, from a rather well worn deck..

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The definition of sliming his way out - riding the coattails of a memorial post.

So who made you God?.

BTW did you actually buy anything from Deanoc, or trade with him Deanoc, or sell to Deanoc?

Actually Deanoc is sort of active, believe he is still posting, and still selling.

Noticed his I-Trader is few more then your.

Many more.:D:D

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who made you God?.

BTW did you actually buy anything from Deanoc, or trade with him Deanoc, or sell to Deanoc?

Actually Deanoc is sort of active, believe he is still posting, and still selling.

Funny you posted in Deanoc thread about dealing with him,and now you are asking?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So who made you God?.

Just curious. What have you bought from him? That's a sincere question. Please describe and the price, etc.

Last edited: