Jackpot Cue

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm going back to my basement to play by myself for a few weeks until this latest Jackpot Schmelke S**tstorm blows over. Sort of like hiding from a tornado.

peterskw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the term "lobsters"!!! I couldn't agree more!

KP

Photos coming. His hair looks like sh*t right now because of no barber shops being open. Maybe I can put a hat on him and get a photo.

I am sorry I created this thread now. The cue was a gift, and I thought it was very generous. I created this thread to show my appreciation, not to get into a back-and-forth with a bunch of AzBilliard lobsters.

Keith hasn't been on AzBilliards in a long time. He has no idea what a Jackpot Cue is. I'm not even sure if he knows who Deanoc is. Well, he does now, of course.

Keith gets a beautiful cue as a gift, a decent cue at that, and instead of celebrating the niceness of the gift, people want to throw shade and innuendos about the real reason it was given. I don't have anything to gain from this thread, but I can tell you this, if we were on Facebook, I'd delete the thread immediately. Who needs this crap in their life?

Welcome to AzBilliards Discussion Forum!

That is what I love about Facebook. If people start hastling me, or making fun of a thread I create , then I can just delete it, and it will be forgotten very quickly.

Keith McCready is a legend , in my opinion . I would be so honored to meet him someday. I wonder where he plays at these days, if he is playing much anymore. Hope he is doing well.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we see a photo of Keith holding the Jackpot cue and he is smiling or maybe giving thumbs up,
perhaps that will keep this thread from turning into a Deja Vu series of posts criticizing Deanoc.
If Keith seems truly pleased with the cue, that’s a strong endorsement as far as I’m concerned.

If I were Keith , the last thing I would do is show a picture of me and said cue in the same state. Nothing in the whole wide world matters more than chasing after a guy for the American dream. {Buy low sell high} . Now, I offer a challenge, anybody that ever told a lie in here can never post about these cues again.
Anybody who ever sold a cue for 50 % more money than they knew it was worth, can never post about these cues again. Anybody who used any of the marketing strategies condemned by the group can never post about the cues again.
OK lets see how many of you can withstand this simple test, you keep going on and on about. I am not saying anything is right or wrong , I am just putting you to the same standards.
Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If I were Keith , the last thing I would do is show a picture of me and said cue in the same state. Nothing in the whole wide world matters more than chasing after a guy for the American dream. {Buy low sell high} . Now, I offer a challenge, anybody that ever told a lie in here can never post about these cues again.
Anybody who ever sold a cue for 50 % more money than they knew it was worth, can never post about these cues again. Anybody who used any of the marketing strategies condemned by the group can never post about the cues again.
OK lets see how many of you can withstand this simple test, you keep going on and on about. I am not saying anything is right or wrong , I am just putting you to the same standards.
Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth begin!

Don't know who you hang out with but most of the people I consider friends on here are straight shooters.

Change your group of friends, or is it you thats dishonest?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not selling any more Jackpot cues
I have no plans for doing so in the future

Unless Keith and a few Filipinos request more and then I promise to never sel theml on Az

I have given several Filipinos,asias dad,Matt,Keith and several others the remaining stock
that I had

As of now I am through with Jackpot cues,but I still play with mine because I like it

Jam is not acting as a sales agent for me,she is merely reporting her opinions and Keiths

I am surprised to see her get so much criticism for merely mentioning a few things.

She knows more about pool than I ever thought i knew,she teamed with Keith to
win a large score or two.

The person who reported that Keith is a legend got it right.I always admired his ability
on the table,especially his loose and free easy stroke when faced with pressure.

In my opinion he was the very best player alive for several periods. I lost betting on him to beat Siegel even. That shows not only my sincere opinion but lack of judgement as some see it.

Whether Keith plays his jackpot or not,you ought to see him play at least once in
your lifetime if you care anything about pool

this thread is not about me or even Keith, it was Jam sharing another insight that you might never even dream about

Other than Dr Dave,I believe Jam has contributed more to our sight than anyone

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Don't know who you hang out with but most of the people I consider friends on here are straight shooters.

Change your group of friends, or is it you thats dishonest?

There are a few here that are either offended by association or just plain drama queens. Almost like they don't know there's a coin shortage that's more important.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Keith hasn't been on AzBilliards in a long time. He has no idea what a Jackpot Cue is. I'm not even sure if he knows who Deanoc is. Well, he does now, of course.

Keith gets a beautiful cue as a gift, a decent cue at that, and instead of celebrating the niceness of the gift, people want to throw shade and innuendos about the real reason it was given. I don't have anything to gain from this thread, but I can tell you this, if we were on Facebook, I'd delete the thread immediately. Who needs this crap in their life?

its just a sore subject here because of Dean's lies about who made the cues.

I like Dean but he was wrong in this case, thankfully he has hundreds of good sales and plenty of great stories.

As soon as I saw the thread I knew it would be a shit show, sucks that you're getting drug into it but it was inevitable.

Enjoy the cue, I hope Dean is doing good too.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
jenny should get a visual on just how nice a job your Norelco did.

Here's Chris all fixed up like 'I don't need no stinkin' hair salon!'

LOL it just needed a couple of small adjustments. The hair grows back. The scalp and ears...not so much.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
LOL it just needed a couple of small adjustments. The hair grows back. The scalp and ears...not so much.

This is with a Philips-Norelco 7000. I went through a lot of trouble to take these pics so keep your little lobster mouths shut. And no, I don't color my hair. It's usually a little on the blonder side but being inside for 3 months (my wife has had some heart issues) has kept me off the golf course. The sides are set about 10mm to 12 mm, the top and back about 20mm. You wet it and run the clippers against the grain, set it at a higher gap and lower it to take off a little at a time. Clean it up around the ears with good scissors and have someone (you trust) clean up the neck.

Attachments

• Hair collage.jpg
    Hair collage.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is with a Philips-Norelco 7000. I went through a lot of trouble to take these pics so keep your little lobster mouths shut. And no, I don't color my hair. It's usually a little on the blonder side but being inside for 3 months (my wife has had some heart issues) has kept me off the golf course. The sides are set about 10mm to 12 mm, the top and back about 20mm. You wet it and run the clippers against the grain, set it at higher and lower it to take off a little at a time. Clean it up around the ears with good scissors amd have someone (you trust) clean up the neck.

Nice job on the hair.
Yup you hit the jackpot with the Philips-Norelco 7000.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of both worlds.

Freaking hilarious. I was hoping no one caught that so I could throw a one liner but I couldn’t have ever topped yours. Nice work.

As far as this whole cue thing goes, who gives a shit? I’m glad someone got a free cue when so many folks seem to have overpaid. We all know why Deano sent it, but again who cares. I don’t think anyone’s mind is going to be changed here no matter what any player or their girlfriend/wife has to say about the Jackpot.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If this is the post you are saying I thought you
were not being honest about, I posted that reply at
the same time you posted. I had not read this yet.

If you thought I was being sarcastic when I said
I thought the review was completely honest, I was not.

When I saw your post my head turned like a dog
when you make a weird noise at him.
Why on earth would anyone put their name
behind the fiasco those cues created?

Nothing against Dean. Guy made a mistake and
got a bit overzealous with his sales techniques.
Water under the bridge. I'm sure those who buy
from him will continue to do so.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Free cue

I have given free cues to many who have posted on this thread. It is done because after reading their posts for years I think I know them good enough to say thank you for the many entertaining posts that they have taken the time sharing.

Most have sent me something back in return and that is cool but I never sent a cue to them hoping for anything but a "thank you" in return. There are a few members here that will receive a cue in the future for no other reason than I like who how they represent themselves. I have even offered Dean a gift which he graciously turned down and I get that too, there are a lot of scammers out there and he does not know me or my history. I like the stories he has shared and I figured he would appreciate a gift.
Could it be that Dean was just trying to show his admiration to a man who has been around a game and has been a pert of our group?

Just a thought!

AZ has been a little dull in between big events and I don't mind the reading this thread.

Cuebuddy>>>Not much for drama. :wink:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Hi Cowboy;

You know that ideologist didn't have "a beef with Deanoc". What he had, and like many other az'ers including myself had, was a problem with how Dean deceived so many in this community with his inaccurate and relentless marketing of the Jackpot cues.

Jackasses like yourself can continue to defend him til the cows come home if you'd like; many others aren't so quick to look the other way when such behavior is exhibited. This goes way past differences of opinion, btw, it's about right vs wrong.

Dean went on a self imposed vacation that lasted just a few weeks, now as part of his re-entry back into the azb marketing community, he sent JAM a free Jackpot cue for evaluation; someone whom he carefully chose because he received sympathetic support from her during his being found out for selling $200 Schmelke's to customers as $600 Jackpots - for whatever reasons she was cool with that. I'm fairly certain she would never pay $600 for the cue she received.

As part of the cue evaluation by Keith who, ftr, I admire greatly, I'd like him to be asked if he could buy this cue for $200 direct from the maker, Schmelke, or buy it for $600 from a middle man who created the distinct impression that they were being made by Jack Potter, which option would he choose?

For the umpteenth time, it never really mattered how good or bad the cues were so even if Keith says it's the best cue he's ever hit with in his life, that's not going to change the fact that Dean broke a number of rules here along with being flat out deceptive and inconsiderate in his marketing of these Jackpot cues.

JAM, he's paying you and playing you for an endorsement (that he got in your op) as he restarts his azb marketing plan.

Ol' Dean, he's a slick one.

best,
brian kc

The funny thing was the people who cried did not even buy a Jackpot, so they had ZERO way of knowing anything about what they had no personal knowledge of.

Many people on AZB sell Cues, saying in ads, Killer Cues, Hits Light Out, the Holy Grail, and other fancy descriptions. It call hype your product like Geno & Perfect Aiming.

Why would a person sell the Holy Grail of Cues? But people do. Deanoc is IMHO a good guy to deal with, as I personally had 2 or 3 transactions with the man, as buyer, and seller. That is not an opinion, that is fact!

I would deal with him again. Also Deanoc has sold many Cue with NO PHOTOS, unhappy buyer no, so what your beef? BTW did you get a Jackpot from Deanoc you are personally unhappy with?????

Do you have a beef with what Roy Malot of Indy Q who was B & M Dealer, when Roy called Cue seller with out a store front. TRUNK MERCHANTS on AZB who have ZERO overhead except maybe a web-site, and inventory. Competing with the poor B. & M Merchant like Roy with all sort of over head. Just a question for more discussion.

Think you need to head over to WANTED & FOR SALE, and see if anyone selling anything is hype or stretching the truth about offering. BTW Corporate America does it daily on Radio, TV, and the NET.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Well Jam these witch hunts, and hatchet jobs are the reason AZB has lot many regular posters/ember who actually contributed to the forum.

This use to be a forum about Pool, Cues, Cases, Pool Events, etc. Now NPR is the hot sub - Forum, if NPR was taken down, I would guess the AZB Forum would get little traffic.

Your are correct Jam most people do not need this crap in their lives. My guess is Keith will make the Jackpot play like a magicians magic wand.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Jenny, I bought a Norelco-Phillips adjustable electric hair trimmer. They are clippers and are pretty easy to use. You tube videos are easy to follow. I've been doing my own for months now and like it better than the hair stylist.

Well I trim my hair with my beard trimmer, ands if I goof, two weeks of growth, cures the problem.

Wal-Mart like $20.00.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
They are mighty fine cues and play as well as any cue being sold on here, but "hit" is subjective and every player may like something different.

I have two of these cues and seven shafts. Every shaft is super smooth and every one that RandyinHawaii has is the same.

I haven't said anything about Jackpot cues since the beginning and have tried to stay out of it.
Unless you are kidding/joking/not serious I totally disagree with the "they are mighty fine cues" comment.
I owned the famous misdirected Jackpot cue and it was bad, like a bad attempt at a Schmelke Tribute cue.