john schmidt invitational

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im not going to go into too much detail right now but.

at the derby its 99 percent a done deal that im going to be able to invite 18 players to play in a totally new format.

in my opinion there is many things that could be improved upon about the rules that we play by and the format.

this 5000 added tourney is the john schmidt invitational over a couple of days.

a reasonable entry fee paying half of field.

the reason this is happening is to showcase this new format,game,and basically introduce my new partners to the poolworld.

unless something crazy happens this is all a done deal and ill be thrilled to give 18 players a extra chance to make money since they are already there.

see you at the derby

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Is that gentleman to your left one of your new partners? Inquiring minds...

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
John Schmidt INVITATIONAL at the DCC

john schmidt said:

at the derby its 99 percent a done deal that im going to be able to invite 18 players to play in a totally new format.

in my opinion there is many things that could be improved upon about the rules that we play by and the format.

this 5000 added tourney is the john schmidt invitational over a couple of days.

a reasonable entry fee paying half of field.

the reason this is happening is to showcase this new format,game,and basically introduce my new partners to the poolworld.

unless something crazy happens this is all a done deal and ill be thrilled to give 18 players a extra chance to make money since they are already there.

see you at the derby

$5,000 added. Half the field gets paid. Whoa! That's a greater percentage than my long-touted 25% of the field suggestion.

New format, game. Sounds like it may a new game. It had better be exciting because this free press on AZ Billiards doesn't come cheap. :grin-square:

Waiting......................for more details............

JoeyA

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

FSutton said:
is danny invited? :rolleyes:
i just might ask if he wants to play.

it would be a chance to bury the hatchet.

frankly i got enough going on trying to survive without someone on tour thinking im the antichrist .

so yeah hes invited.

weve had our differences etc but i think hes a great player and i know hes a good guy.

so in my mind i say lets forget the past and move on and we might even become pals again.

see you guys at the derby

ACE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:

frankly i got enough going on trying to survive without someone on tour thinking im the antichrist .

so yeah hes invited.

weve had our differences etc but i think hes a great player and i know hes a good guy.

so in my mind i say lets forget the past and move on and we might even become pals again.

I proud to to hear you say good things, now if Danny can get his head out of his A$$.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John You're a class act and one of our sports greatest ambassadors. I have a feeling that only god things will be coming your way man.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
john schmidt said:

so yeah hes invited.

John,
It just shows you're the better man when you offer a blanket olive branch like that to Danny. Not only do I wish you nothing but success at the DCC and beyond, but I also respect you much as a man. I always did in fact.

PS- Is Shannon Daulton invited? He's top shelf in everything but 14.1.

gwk9ball

Pool Junkie
Silver Member
Good job John being the bigger man, Hope your new project works out, I'll be there can't wait to see what you got going on thats got you excited, I hope you get in the Fatboy Challenge, You should have a good chance of winning, kinda weak feild LOL. No really good luck with all you do.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Classy

john schmidt said:

so yeah hes invited.

I know it's already been said, but this is one of the classiest posts I've seen on AZB......This definitely speaks volumes about what kind of guy Mr. Schmidt is, and I am grateful that he posts here..........

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
john schmidt said:

so yeah hes invited.

You're a good man Charlie Brown! :thumbup:

Somebody (Purd?) should stake John in the Fatboy. 10K ON TOP!

srs314

shooterville.com
john schmidt said:

PM sent to you John

PoolGrapevine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like another great addition to Derby.
Also, very nice gesture to Danny, you both are great players and I heard both good guys.
Nice way to start off the new year 2009

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
john schmidt said:

so yeah hes invited.

Classy. Just classy.