JONATHON HENNESSEE PINEGAR

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So if my opponent has a cluster of six balls around his pocket and I'm desperate to clear them out and I smash them like a break shot and because of the goofy rail two balls sail into the audience, do both balls count for him? I think more thinking is needed.
Yeah, maybe they have some "guidelines" beyond just what is written on the website.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So if my opponent has a cluster of six balls around his pocket and I'm desperate to clear them out and I smash them like a break shot and because of the goofy rail two balls sail into the audience, do both balls count for him? I think more thinking is needed.
Or some restraint.😉

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is a beast on a barbox.

I seen him in a great action match to 21 games from last SBE vs Jesus Atencio...that *he did lose, but he played incredible.

For the money, he can get to crazy levels.
I'm reading that as *Pinegar lost to Jesus...but I've also heard that he won that match. Which is it?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
PInegar beat Atencio in a race to 21 in the action room last week. I saw the whole set and was blown away by Hennesy.
but i think the one theyre talking about with the infamous chalking ritual he lost , i think
at another tournament few yrs back

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm reading that as *Pinegar lost to Jesus...but I've also heard that he won that match. Which is it?
Super Billiards last April
Jesus won like 7 at the end to get it.
Everybody was blown away and there really wasn't a loser.

Guess they rematched at DCC, per the other poster.

Last edited:

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Henny has been a staple at Derby City for years. He even came to my local room when it opened. Not a lot of people knew who he was.

My question is why he would decline an invitation to the World Championships?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
My question is why he would decline an invitation to the World Championships?
Does the invitation include paid travel, hotel and expenses?

It's a bit easier to drive around and stay at cheap hotels at tournaments you know where you can get some action as opposed to flying halfway around the world and not knowing anything about the area.

While he is a great player, he isn't one of the top money and sponsorship guys...

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Yap... I guess I'm just unlucky, but I've been around the guy half a dozen times and I haven't gotten to witness the "good guy" yet. I'll be patient.
I witnessed numerous unsportsmanlike behavior by him!

Sharking and maliciously doing things to distract the opponent.

Honor amongst pool players is typically the norm. He just never got the memo ....

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does the invitation include paid travel, hotel and expenses? ...
I priced the trip from San Francisco two weeks before the start. About $1200 including the flight (on Lufthansa) and an up-scale hotel for six nights. In the past the BCA has offered $1000 travel expenses, but I don't know what they are doing now. The prize fund is $300,000. He has to have a passport and that could be an issue. If he has never travelled overseas that is also an issue if he has no one to travel with.

The travel package would have been cheaper from Chicago since LOT (Polish) flies direct to Warsaw.

I think that if a pool player can't afford that to play in the World Championship for the potential prize money, he needs to take up another hobby. I have to assume that Pinegar didn't go for some reason other than cost.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was he the one that threw a ball at Svb when svb was in a kid during an action match ?
Think svb mentioned it in an interview but i cant confirm if its the same person
Why did he do that? Did Shane provoke him in some way or did he just go off because he was angry at himself?