League Players

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, stupid league players, what do they think they are doing actually keeping a pool hall in business? They all should go home, let you and the big gamblers take over and not bring any business to the place so it has to close it's door in a few months.

Oh and on a side note, I went into a local business the other day that depends on even the smallest sale to stay profitable. The owner was telling me how he was at league night a couple days ago, and saw over 100 league players enjoying themselves playing pool for nothing but fun, spending money on food and booze, and buying new equipment. Except there was this one guy who looked completely miserable, and he kept bothering people to play for money, and didn't spend a dime at the pool hall while he was there, and he realized that this guy couldn't just enjoy the game any more without trying to rob someone. I just had to shake my head and walk away saying "wow".

Oh yeah because I don't spend any money supporting pool, thats a good one. that banger looking at a cheap players cue didn't even buy a $45 cue that was "magic" yet I am willing to spend $25 on a new tip which I don't even know if I'm going to like it or not.
Oh sure the league players are the ones who keep the pool hall in business, except they don't. See once all the leagues are over and all the bangers have finished their matches you know what they do...they leave go home don't spend another dime. Me and my friends on the other hand when we did play leagues, the league matches are over we're done playing our matches and then guess what....WE GO GRAB A 9' TABLE AND GET ON TABLE TIME! we go practice, for hours until the place is ready to close. It couldn't possibly be the people that go practice and play 4-6 hours on table time 3-4 times a week that help keep the place in business. It must be the league bangers that show up once a week for their 5 matches on the quarter table then leave that keep that place in business. And about "robbing" people, asking to play a cheap set isn't robbing anyone, waiting until you are walking to your car and beating your ass with a baseball bat and stealing everything you got is "robbing". mkay.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Oh yeah because I don't spend any money supporting pool, thats a good one. that banger looking at a cheap players cue didn't even buy a $45 cue that was "magic" yet I am willing to spend $25 on a new tip which I don't even know if I'm going to like it or not.
Oh sure the league players are the ones who keep the pool hall in business, except they don't. See once all the leagues are over and all the bangers have finished their matches you know what they do...they leave go home don't spend another dime. Me and my friends on the other hand when we did play leagues, the league matches are over we're done playing our matches and then guess what....WE GO GRAB A 9' TABLE AND GET ON TABLE TIME! we go practice, for hours until the place is ready to close. It couldn't possibly be the people that go practice and play 4-6 hours on table time 3-4 times a week that help keep the place in business. It must be the league bangers that show up once a week for their 5 matches on the quarter table then leave that keep that place in business. And about "robbing" people, asking to play a cheap set isn't robbing anyone, waiting until you are walking to your car and beating your ass with a baseball bat and stealing everything you got is "robbing". mkay.

Yeah, it must be table time that the owners really make their money from. Couldn't be the food or alcohol, just the table time. And why are you looking for action during an APA tournament? Oh, that's right, can't beat anyone but league players.

Derek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that I got broadcasted live via the Internet in a recent local tournament and I could feel that I was plenty painful to watch. :( Probably had some APA members watching me and mocking my inability to pocket balls on a tight 9-foot Gold Crown.

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, it must be table time that the owners really make their money from. Couldn't be the food or alcohol, just the table time. And why are you looking for action during an APA tournament? Oh, that's right, can't beat anyone but league players.

I'm sorry but if you go to a pool hall for the food and alcohol I think your in the wrong place. Go to a restaurant or a bar. Or maybe thats just your excuse to tell people your a pool player. Big difference between pool players and people that play pool.

I didn't even know there was a league tournament going on, I was going to the pool hall to practice. And seeing the place packed got my hopes up.

All I can beat are league players, lol. So what do you wanna play for MahnaMahna? we can set something up to meet up within the next 6 months or so to play. I'll fly out to you or you can fly out here to albuquerque.

It's funny how all your threads that you have ever made are in the "non pool related" you must just be here for the food and alcohol aren't ya, banger.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I know about this League crap is that the APA state tournament was at Billiard Palace this last weekend and the place was PACKED! More packed then I have ever seen it, but you know what? NOT ONE DAMN PERSON WANTED TO GAMBLE OR PLAY SOME SETS. lame league players...nvm shouldn't even be called players more like lame league bangers!

oh and on a side note I went to the billiard shop in town to get a tip replaced and while I was there, so was some of the apa people in that tournament from out of town looking at cues. This person picks up this players sneaky pete and starts poking in some balls on a 7' demo table and starts saying "omg this must be a sign, i have to get this cue" cause they made like 3 balls in a row LMFAO! I just had to shake my head and walk away saying "wow"

So you walk into a packed house(state tournament) ask a 4 to gamble and expect what? the TD to just give you a table so you can gamble. Get a life.

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you walk into a packed house(state tournament) ask a 4 to gamble and expect what? the TD to just give you a table so you can gamble. Get a life.
Oh I didn't know everyone there was a 4 my bad, I don't even know apa rating system. I see someone not doing anything or just shooting by them self and I walk up and ask if they wanna play some sets. Why would the TD be giving out tables? Oh yes, I sure wanted to take one of those precious valley bar boxes rather then a diamond 9'. Thats retarded, your retarded. You go up to the counter and ask for a table, if one isn't available you get on a waiting list until one is available. What you think I just walk around not doing anything except looking for easy games, fvck you if you think that. I get a table I get down and start warming up take a break look around and start asking people that aren't too busy if they wanna play. I'm not the best pool player in the world, or even in my state but at least I actually put more effort into it more then once a week like most league players.

And even when one of the guys on the table next to me was playing by him self, I asked him if he wanted to play some sets he said no. I said "oh, ok thats cool" and I went back to shooting then I see him doing a shot to get shape on his eight ball and he couldn't do it so I offered to show him an easier way to get shape on it and he just kept walking without any acknowledgement, I thought he didn't hear me so I offered again, and he snapped at me saying "yeah I heard you the first time" oh my bad I'm sorry for offering help to this low lvl apa player without trying to take his money, just friendly pool advice and he didn't even want to hear it. It's like he was acting like he's better then me but he won't play me, lol oh k. Keep on bangin them balls around till they go in, whatevr.

My first post wasn't even towards anybody on this forum, it was about apa players at my local pool hall. Were you there, did I ask you to play? No? Then get the fvck off my nuts and go practice or something.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh I didn't know everyone there was a 4 my bad, I don't even know apa rating system. I see someone not doing anything or just shooting by them self and I walk up and ask if they wanna play some sets. Why would the TD be giving out tables? Oh yes, I sure wanted to take one of those precious valley bar boxes rather then a diamond 9'. Thats retarded, your retarded. You go up to the counter and ask for a table, if one isn't available you get on a waiting list until one is available. What you think I just walk around not doing anything except looking for easy games, fvck you if you think that. I get a table I get down and start warming up take a break look around and start asking people that aren't too busy if they wanna play. I'm not the best pool player in the world, or even in my state but at least I actually put more effort into it more then once a week like most league players.

And even when one of the guys on the table next to me was playing by him self, I asked him if he wanted to play some sets he said no. I said "oh, ok thats cool" and I went back to shooting then I see him doing a shot to get shape on his eight ball and he couldn't do it so I offered to show him an easier way to get shape on it and he just kept walking without any acknowledgement, I thought he didn't hear me so I offered again, and he snapped at me saying "yeah I heard you the first time" oh my bad I'm sorry for offering help to this low lvl apa player without trying to take his money, just friendly pool advice and he didn't even want to hear it. It's like he was acting like he's better then me but he won't play me, lol oh k. Keep on bangin them balls around till they go in, whatevr.

My first post wasn't even towards anybody on this forum, it was about apa players at my local pool hall. Were you there, did I ask you to play? No? Then get the fvck off my nuts and go practice or something.

I quite honestly believe if you saw me practicing you wouldn't have the nuts to ask me to play.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Big difference between pool players and people that play pool.

Um yay, so you are a "pool player" who can't get APA league members to gamble with you and can't understand why they don't want your unsolicited advice. Maybe I will stick to just playing pool then.

All I can beat are league players, lol. So what do you wanna play for MahnaMahna? we can set something up to meet up within the next 6 months or so to play. I'll fly out to you or you can fly out here to albuquerque.

Sure, the next time you are in my neck of the woods shoot me PM, I can direct you to a few pool halls that have BCA leagues going on, it usually ends at 10pm and you can beat up on some of the local A players. I mean, they play league, they must suck, right? Maybe you can beat them out of their Players cues.

In the mean time, go talk to a few room owners and ask them if they would rather have a room full of APA people or a room full of gamblers such as yourself.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
OK, let's just put it out there:

Anyone that thinks a big time pool hall would survive without bangers is freaking stupid.

Doesn't matter if they are league bangers, or drunk weekend bangers, or lunch time work bangers, or ladies night bangers.

No matter who it is or what their skill level is, if they are at the pool hall paying for table time, or drinks, or food, they are supporting the pool community and the pool industry, and for that you should be thankful.

Is it annoying to see someone who misses a hanger 3 inches from the pocket because they are jumping so high in the air during the shot they are about to hit the lights? Yep.

Is it annoying to see people show off their Minnesota Fats brand cue to their friends like it is equal to a Balabushka? Sure.

Is it tough to see someone stay a weak C or D player for years when all they need to do is take the game a little more seriously? Absolutely.

Does it suck to go to a pool hall expecting to get a decent table and see that league night has a monopoly on all good tables? F*ck yeah.

But guess what? That's life. That's the game. Sack up and get the f*ck over it. Don't like it, open your own room.

marco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just play

so i play apa-locked 7, vnea-aa 9, and bca- 9 and i play every tournament that i get a chance to play in. i don't gamble so does that make me a bad pool player, or a smart one i work to hard pouring concrete all day to take a chance at loosing money gambling when i probably play better than a person that wants to gamble. its a night out with friends, fun, and something me and my mother use to share. so what, some people just don't play for money they have other reasons to go out and play the game long as you enjoy it, say keep shooting.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching some league play being streamed today for a few hours off and on. APA I think it was. I came away with one conclusion. Nobody should be allowed to play in any competition until they can run at least 4 balls in a row and have some idea where and how to get the CB there for the next shot. They must play the ghost by themselves until they can beat the 3-ball ghost. I have no idea what an APA 4 is in terms of A< B< C< D ratings, but if an APA 4 is= to a D player I must have been born a “C” player because I can’t ever remember playing that awful. Now I see why they sell so many of those aiming systems.

And for the people that say they are just playing for the fun of it or to socialize…I didn’t see that on their faces. What I saw for the most part was frustration on their faces because they kept missing balls 6 inches from the pocket or scratching every other time they made a ball. No wonder most league players don’t watch and don’t know the names of the top pro players. They couldn’t handle the truth. Sorry league players. I know there are some very good league players out there some where, I just have yet to see any for myself. Johnnyt

That was funny.

This reminds me of a slow pitch softball team I played on once with some guys from work. Nobody wanted to practice and we were terrible. They said they were just playing for fun but when you are losing 17-2 in the second inning and looking like a bunch of idiots it's hard to see how that is fun.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats retarded, your retarded, fvck you if you think that.

Sounds like u need to learn how to talk to your fellow azers(unless ur MARTY HERMAN)then i understand,you just cant help yourself!we all know that the one that is running off at the mouth and calling people names is allways found to be in the wrong,so the future doesnt look to good for you here!

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Oh I didn't know everyone there was a 4 my bad, I don't even know apa rating system. I see someone not doing anything or just shooting by them self and I walk up and ask if they wanna play some sets. Why would the TD be giving out tables? Oh yes, I sure wanted to take one of those precious valley bar boxes rather then a diamond 9'. Thats retarded, you're retarded. You go up to the counter and ask for a table, if one isn't available you get on a waiting list until one is available. What you think I just walk around not doing anything except looking for easy games, fvck you if you think that. I get a table I get down and start warming up take a break look around and start asking people that aren't too busy if they wanna play. I'm not the best pool player in the world, or even in my state but at least I actually put more effort into it more then once a week like most league players.

And even when one of the guys on the table next to me was playing by him self, I asked him if he wanted to play some sets he said no. I said "oh, ok thats cool" and I went back to shooting then I see him doing a shot to get shape on his eight ball and he couldn't do it so I offered to show him an easier way to get shape on it and he just kept walking without any acknowledgement, I thought he didn't hear me so I offered again, and he snapped at me saying "yeah I heard you the first time" oh my bad I'm sorry for offering help to this low lvl apa player without trying to take his money, just friendly pool advice and he didn't even want to hear it. It's like he was acting like he's better then me but he won't play me, lol oh k. Keep on bangin them balls around till they go in, WHATEVER.

That's much better :lol:

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Having a qualifying standard to play in a bar league sounds like a good idea. We should not let anyone in to a bar league unless they can run 4 balls. That should easily solve most of pool's problems.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching some league play being streamed today for a few hours off and on. APA I think it was. I came away with one conclusion. Nobody should be allowed to play in any competition until they can run at least 4 balls in a row and have some idea where and how to get the CB there for the next shot. They must play the ghost by themselves until they can beat the 3-ball ghost. I have no idea what an APA 4 is in terms of A< B< C< D ratings, but if an APA 4 is= to a D player I must have been born a “C” player because I can’t ever remember playing that awful. Now I see why they sell so many of those aiming systems.

And for the people that say they are just playing for the fun of it or to socialize…I didn’t see that on their faces. What I saw for the most part was frustration on their faces because they kept missing balls 6 inches from the pocket or scratching every other time they made a ball. No wonder most league players don’t watch and don’t know the names of the top pro players. They couldn’t handle the truth. Sorry league players. I know there are some very good league players out there some where, I just have yet to see any for myself. Johnnyt

man if that ain't the truth i don't know what is.

i was practicing a few days ago and some local league game started up. they were a real goofy group who were completely lost playing pool. all of that wasn't bad enough but i could have ignored it if they hadn't kept trying to get in my way. one guy even pulled up a stool and set it right next to where i was breaking from so he could watch his league match. the other side of the table had nobody there and would have been just as good but he insisted on sitting where i would have to ask him to move. then he looked at me like i'm the jerk when i asked him to move so i could break.

and then the classic line came out. from the guy who couldn't run 3 balls playing barbox 9 ball he comes up as i rattle a ball and says "you hit that one too hard". like i need advice from someone who takes more than 7 innings to get out playing bar box 9 ball.

an annoying and rude bunch

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading this thread I can’t stop laughing. I’m thinking all the complaining about league players has to be
just baiting or some of you guys have serious anger issues.
Not sure if I ever run into any APA players but plenty of league players of various levels and most of them have been very nice.
But then again I live in Canada……………. :)

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats retarded, your retarded, fvck you if you think that.

Sounds like u need to learn how to talk to your fellow azers(unless ur MARTY HERMAN)then i understand,you just cant help yourself!we all know that the one that is running off at the mouth and calling people names is allways found to be in the wrong,so the future doesnt look to good for you here!

My future around here...don't know if you noticed but I've been on here since '04 mr.joined in 2010. And how to talk to fellow AZer's lol they jumped on my ass first and took the first swing ok. Don't expect to not get swung back at k.

And RunoutJJ I love the classic internet grammar nazi crap. Got any "your momma" jokes while your at it?

Systim6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Um yay, so you are a "pool player" who can't get APA league members to gamble with you and can't understand why they don't want your unsolicited advice. Maybe I will stick to just playing pool then.

Sure, the next time you are in my neck of the woods shoot me PM, I can direct you to a few pool halls that have BCA leagues going on, it usually ends at 10pm and you can beat up on some of the local A players. I mean, they play league, they must suck, right? Maybe you can beat them out of their Players cues.

In the mean time, go talk to a few room owners and ask them if they would rather have a room full of APA people or a room full of gamblers such as yourself.

LOL I love how you pawn your crap talking off on other players...I said how about YOU and I play.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL I love how you pawn your crap talking off on other players...I said how about YOU and I play.

Because he only talks big over the net. he'll never show up face to face.

his digital balls are huge but the analog ones never dropped