List of Living 200+ Runners

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
thanks stevie !

what ever happened to the list of 100+ ball runners ?

if you can find it....Bump it up to revive it !!

-Steve

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks stevie !

-Steve

Steve im glad i inspired you to create this thread and by the way great playing at the world 14.1 this year.Now how about starting a 300+ list.i dont think it will be that hard to make.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
thanks stevie !

-Steve

I think this list is the most telling....because most players that have run over 100, match over, lets play another game.

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this list is the most telling....because most players that have run over 100, match over, lets play another game.

True, the fact that a lot of people don't even continue their 100 ball runs once the match is over is telling enough. The list of 100+ runners would be immense, there's no way all the 100+ runner's could even be tracked down. I've know 2 people who would be on such a list that aren't even that good at all, you wouldn't even believe they'd run 100 if you didn't actually see it.

AbsoluteCintron

Have Cue, Will Travel...
Thomas Engert 492
Gene Nagy 430
Dallas West 429
Ray Martin 426
Allen Hopkins 421
Thorsten Hohmann 408
Earl Strickland 408
Alain Martel 408
John Schmidt 400
300 Plus
Jose Garcia 396
Jack Colavita 385
Johnny Ervolino 361
Dennis Hatch 360
Klaus Zobreskis 356
Sailor Barge 356
George Mecula 336
Grady Mathews 327
Dick Leonard 326
Werner Duregger 326
Oliver Ortmann 326
Steve Mizerak 321
Pete Fusco 321
Mike Sigel 319
Irving Crane 309
Danny Di Liberto 308
Pan Ande 306
*200 Plus
Joe Canton 287
Ralph Greenleaf 287
Dan Barouty 287
Alex Lely 272
Daryl Peach 273
Mika Immonen 267
Vegar Kristansen 267
Tony Robles 267
Cisero Murphy 262
Vilmos Foldes 259
Neils Feijen 259
Nick Van Den Berg 258
Andy Toth 256
George Ginky SanSouci 252
Bobby Hunter 225
Mike Massey 224
Don Willis 216
Kevin Becker 216
David Sapolis 212
Cetin Aslin 207
Johnny Archer 200
Bob Maidhof ?
Jimmy Fusco ?

I don't know if all these are alive though
Todd Fleitman - 323

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Tommy Ruocco's high run but I can't imagine it's under 200. I wouldn't be surprised if it's close to 300.

paradox

Registered
Steve,
George Rood passed away last year (October 2010) and was 95, almost 96, I believe. I believe Todd, owner of Airway Billiards would have info on whether George ran 200+. I would not doubt he did, he was one of the greats, and stayed below the radar for the most part through his career.

It was amazing learning things from George, and listening to his stories.

ETD

Interesting list so thanks for the post.

For me, Wu "the Little Genius" from Taiwan comes to mind.
He's so young however perhaps he's hit 200 +?
Also, I strongly suspect some of the top women have hit this mark.
Allison Fisher, Jasmin Ouschan come to my mind first for straight pool.
Perhaps Karen Corr too.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should add Bill Hendricks to your list. He was intercollegiate 14.1 champion in the 1960's and a 200 ball runner from St Louis. I no longer live there and the last time I checked at Cue and Cushion they told me Bill doesn't go to the pool hall much because he quit driving, but as far as I know he is still living.

If you don't know who Bill is, Louie Roberts introduces him at 7:28 of this video. http://vimeo.com/28806145

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
There was a customer that played in my room. He was a strange dude. He would miss a shot and blame it on the jukebox, or someone was moving on the other side of the room, or that it reminded him of a movie theater. Then he would break down his cue and leave.

This part sound like me:embarrassed2:

http://vimeo.com/19811446

There was a customer that played in my room. He was a strange dude. Never played in tournaments. Just played with himself all the time.

This part sounds like Marpo!;)

Last edited:

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
List updated. Can't include Dick Letorneau because I can't tell if the story is recent enough that he's probably still around... Doitforthegame, please clarify.

Thanks,
Steve

Bank2Win

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan Wallace mentioned several times on the Inside Pool stream during the DCC that he has run over two hundred a couple of times.

fyi.

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Steve !

Normaly I am only at AZ to look at cues in the gallerys and the wanted for sale forums, but this thread is awesome - great job.

As I am from Vienna (Austria) I will try to help you verify some of the Austrian high runs over 200.
And yes, I will only tell you the ones that where really seen by trustable people and players. :thumbup:

The ones that I know for sure are:

Maximilian Lechner
Jürgen Jenisy
Werner Duregger
Alexander Wanner

I have to ask some more, ecspecialy Albin and Jasmin and some others I know quiet well.
And I will tell you the exact numbers, too.

Best regards,
Eric"h"

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, I have some :grin:

Was calling around for an hour and here are the secured high runs from Austrian Top Players for now.

Maximilian Lechner - 296
Jürgen Jenisy - 210
Aslan Cetin - 215
Werner Duregger - 349
Alexander Wanner - 320

Some more are between 150 and 200, and some others I have to call in the next few days.

Eric"h" ----- Sandor Tot (Serbia) has 276 ;)

Last edited:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Bobby's post in the other thread got me thinking that maybe we should start a list, and see what we can come up with. Just add any names you can confirm to the bottom, with a new number, and I'll periodically adjust the alphabetization.

What I have so far is in the first post.

Any name with an asterisk is either because I can't confirm 100% that he has run over 200 or I can't confirm he is still alive.

I also have this list of possibles:

Abruzzo, John
Aguerro, Billy
Altomare, Chuck
Aslin, Cetin
Babica, Radoslaw
Bandy, Mike
Becker, Kevin
Bell, Terry
Boyes, Karl
Bryant, Charlie
Bustamante, Francisco
Carter, Jeff
Chao, Fong-Pang
Chavez, Ignacio
Chin, Min-Wai
Dunsmore, Bill
Duregger, Werner
Fisher, Pete
Fusco, Jimmy
Glass, Walter
Hall, Buddy
Herring, Earl
Howard, David
Hunt, Bob
Jungo, Dimitri
Kempter, Martin
Kiamco, Warren
Louie, Dan
Madenjian, Bob
Manalo, Marlon
Marrata, Mike
Mataya, Jimmy
Matushonek, Ed
McNally, Pat
Nacovski, Scotty
Orcullo, Dennis
Pagulayan, Alex
Reid, Jimmy
Reyes, Efren
Ruocco, Tommy
Sambajon, Santos
See, Huidji
Sweet, Toby
Tascarella, Pete
Vickery, Howard
Viera, Carlos
Wiggins, Larry

If anyone can confirm who on this list of possibles definitely has or definitely hasn't run 200, please also chime in.

If anyone can help with the Filipinos, Scandinavians, or Asians, that would be great.

Thanks,
Steve

Werner Duregger's high run is 326, as far as I remember (I must have been a teen back then). I'll ask Dimi (Dimitri Jungo) about his next time I see him. Ronald Regli may belong on this list, too, as well as Rolf Hollenstein - again, I'll ask if I run into them. Martin Kempter doesn't appear to be playing anymore, but may still be able to find out (pretty sure his high run is over 200). The correct spelling of Vegar's last name is Kristiansen, by the way. Since I'm at it, check out the spelling of Thorsten's first name. Also, Grady (RIP) spelt his last name with one "t", not two. Wondering: are we really going to take him off this list now… :(

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It would seem likely that Dominic Jentsch has accomplished this feat.