man witnessed sad action last night - 2 idiots in a pool room

realkingcobra

Silver Member
mustardeer
in the old days you would be broken in pieces to get into someone elses game
if you are not involved its none of your business
just sayin..:D

I second that for sure....old days or not! First rule of gambling, NEVER get involved in someone else's action.....wait your turn!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So last night this room's regular, guy A, who can sort of play a little bit is playing this guy B for $50 a game. Guy B is down $650 already when I get there. This is really late at night. The room is packed. Guy B can't play. He's spinning the ball here and there but struggling with simple long shots. Guy B is trying so hard and keeps saying he's gonna win his money back, keeps trying. It was really hard to watch for some reason. Totally different speeds. Guy B definitely wasn't hustling, that was his actual speed. They were playing without a handicap - guy B had zero chance but didn't realize it. Finally I decided to step in and stop the bleeding. ( I thought guy B's ego just didn't know how to throw in the towel. I felt really bad for the guy ).

Guy A had his student there hanging out. So I dragged the student to another table and raced him to 2. I "lost" both games. Then I go back to the main table and start whining - I wanna get in! please race me to 5 for 500! I'm gonna need some weight though. To my shock guy A without negotiating just straight up offers me 3 games on the wire in a race to 5 ( he already knew his student "beat" me ). Wow. What an idiot. ( I'm nowhere near pro speed but significantly better than both guy A and guy B. Unfortunately he only wanted to race for a 100 since he didn't know me. Fine. I wasn't looking for action, I hate gambling - just wanted to stop the bleeding. Guy B lets us race on his table, I easily beat guy A. Take my 100. Guy A says next time we play without handicap. I go sure. Then the idiot guy B just can't wait to get back to the table. He wants to keep playing guy A!! What an idiot. That was his chance to say he's tired. Did you just not witness a guy on a totally different level than you? What are you doing. go home. ( I didn't say that ). I went home. They kept playing. I'm guessing guy B ended up dropping a few thousand.

The fact that you even started this thread speaks highly to your own self serving ego, did you really expect others to see this situation though your ego eyes?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
So last night this room's regular, guy A, who can sort of play a little bit is playing this guy B for $50 a game. Guy B is down $650 already when I get there. This is really late at night. The room is packed. Guy B can't play. He's spinning the ball here and there but struggling with simple long shots. Guy B is trying so hard and keeps saying he's gonna win his money back, keeps trying. It was really hard to watch for some reason. Totally different speeds. Guy B definitely wasn't hustling, that was his actual speed. They were playing without a handicap - guy B had zero chance but didn't realize it. Finally I decided to step in and stop the bleeding. ( I thought guy B's ego just didn't know how to throw in the towel. I felt really bad for the guy ).

Guy A had his student there hanging out. So I dragged the student to another table and raced him to 2. I "lost" both games. Then I go back to the main table and start whining - I wanna get in! please race me to 5 for 500! I'm gonna need some weight though. To my shock guy A without negotiating just straight up offers me 3 games on the wire in a race to 5 ( he already knew his student "beat" me ). Wow. What an idiot. ( I'm nowhere near pro speed but significantly better than both guy A and guy B. Unfortunately he only wanted to race for a 100 since he didn't know me. Fine. I wasn't looking for action, I hate gambling - just wanted to stop the bleeding. Guy B lets us race on his table, I easily beat guy A. Take my 100. Guy A says next time we play without handicap. I go sure. Then the idiot guy B just can't wait to get back to the table. He wants to keep playing guy A!! What an idiot. That was his chance to say he's tired. Did you just not witness a guy on a totally different level than you? What are you doing. go home. ( I didn't say that ). I went home. They kept playing. I'm guessing guy B ended up dropping a few thousand.

If I were player A, I'd have taken a break from playing the first second I saw you head to the bathroom where we'd have had a conversation, me doing the talking...and you feeling what I was talking about!

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nobody is breaking my nose. I'm not gonna get into it but trust me on that.

Guy A was a good loser. Tried to befriend me after. There was no problem. It was awkward for a sec when he realized that he shouldn't have given me games on the wire but he paid me right away. There was no problem. He asked about my break technique later.

It wasn't cool of me dumping thanks for pointing it out. Good reminder. I've been hanging out with this drunk / pro hustler for a few weeks and it rubbed off. Not gonna hang out with him anymore ( he makes over 5K / month just hustling, nothing wrong with that but not my thing. I still don't know his actual speed but I'm sure he'd lose to any pro. Very strong player though. This guy got rid of his predator Z logo on his sneaky pete shaft. No idea how he did it but his custom looks like a $5 dollar cue. I'm guessing he painted over it )...

There were about 20 kids ( thuggish looking ones ) playing for big money that night two tables down. They didn't know how to play. I pointed out all the cash on that table to guy A after taking his money he was like "nah, they are too loud". So everyone in that room was a regular I think.

Guy A has deep pockets that hundred was nothing to him you could tell. If I really wanted to hustle him I'd take him for a lot more, I could have kept it close, I didn't have to show my speed but I did bc I wasn't trying to hustle was just trying to stop the bleeding. I lost a tournament that night so showed up to a random dirty, sort of hidden pool hall trying to practice the shot I missed. ( I don't have a table ). Was expecting an empty room...

---
I don't mind taking a little from a winner. Taking money from someone who is losing big is different. ( Maybe that was his rent money? Who knows ).

Also not claiming to be right, I'm no angel. I've never really hustled before and was just shocked at how fast guy A gave me games on the wire ( I rolled in with a 2x4 case! ). There's no way I'm giving a stranger games on the wire that easily. I thought that was idiotic. Also thought it was idiotic for guy B to donate so much cash in one night.

Anyway, was totally not expecting people to read my original post, was just sharing a story; next time that is going into my journal you guys are tough crowd :)

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Guy A was a good loser. Tried to befriend me after. There was no problem. It was awkward for a sec when he realized that he shouldn't have given me games on the wire but he paid me right away. There was no problem. He asked about my break technique later.

It wasn't cool of me dumping thanks for pointing it out. Good reminder. I've been hanging out with this drunk / pro hustler for a few weeks and it rubbed off. Not gonna hang out with him anymore ( he makes over 5K / month just hustling, nothing wrong with that but not my thing. I still don't know his actual speed but I'm sure he'd lose to any pro. Very strong player though. This guy got rid of his predator Z logo on his sneaky pete shaft. No idea how he did it but his custom looks like a $5 dollar cue. I'm guessing he painted over it )...

There were about 20 kids ( thuggish looking ones ) playing for big money that night two tables down. They didn't know how to play. I pointed out all the cash on that table to guy A after taking his money he was like "nah, they are too loud". So everyone in that room was a regular I think.

Guy A has deep pockets that hundred was nothing to him you could tell. If I really wanted to hustle him I'd take him for a lot more, I could have kept it close, I didn't have to show my speed but I did bc I wasn't trying to hustle was just trying to stop the bleeding. I lost a tournament that night so showed up to a random dirty, sort of hidden pool hall trying to practice the shot I missed. ( I don't have a table ). Was expecting an empty room...

---
I don't mind taking a little from a winner. Taking money from someone who is losing big is different. ( Maybe that was his rent money? Who knows ).

Also not claiming to be right, I'm no angel. I've never really hustled before and was just shocked at how fast guy A gave me games on the wire ( I rolled in with a 2x4 case! ). There's no way I'm giving a stranger games on the wire that easily. I thought that was idiotic. Also thought it was idiotic for guy B to donate so much cash in one night.

Anyway, was totally not expecting people to read my original post, was just sharing a story; next time that is going into my journal you guys are tough crowd :)

First off, dont make statements you couldn't possibly be able to control. Your not invincible. THAT you can trust me about.

Second, there isnt a guy I've ever met who consistently makes over 5k a month over a long time that MOST in the area haven't heard of. Anyone making that kind of score would be "found out" relatively quickly and their easy action dwindle quickly... I mean I could be wrong but I'd guess you're embellishing just a little here or are just "pumping" your story..

Third, you can keep explaining but like others have said, you were in the wrong to even think of getting involved...

Maybe you've learned something from this whole ordeal..

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member

---

Uptown's got its hustlers, Bowerys got its bums, 42ND st's got big Jim Walker he a pool shoot'n son of a gun.......

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Don't knock action and don't get in other people's action is the first couple of rules you should have learned in a "real" poolroom.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't knock action and don't get in other people's action is the first couple of rules you should have learned in a "real" poolroom.

Speak only when spoken to - that is the lesson of the day for the op, but maybe not even then lol ☺

I'll add something since the OP doesn't seem to have a clue so this is to help him out - the ONLY time this is acceptable is if it's a partner of yours or a VERY VERY good friend and even then probably even then before it starts. I'm not trying to be a dock but doing this very well could put you in a VERY bad spot that's all.

Last edited:

Mustardeer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dont know for a fact he makes 5k but he's a guy who barely speaks English and always has a few thousand ( in cash ) in his pocket so I believe him. I did see the money. I think his secret is playing for little money but every single day. He mostly plays "his people" ( I'm guessing Mexicans maybe he's Salvadorian no idea ). He starts with $5 game and dumps a few then drunks want him to stay and keep playing. Eventually $5 games turn into $20 games and he walks out with 200-300. ( 200 x 30 days = 6k do the math ). He goes to a different spot every night and stays out of tourneys. He said people are too good at tourneys. Too much work for not enough money.

I've been playing in my city a long time I know all the bars and rooms. I've never heard of most places he shoots at so very possible for him to stay unknown I'm in a huge city.

Not to sound racist but if you ask a random white guy to play for money 9 out of 10 times they'll say no. If you ask a Mexican 9 out of 10 times they'll say yes. Don't know why it's just the way it is. So I believe him.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dont know for a fact he makes 5k but he's a guy who barely speaks English and always has a few thousand ( in cash ) in his pocket so I believe him. I did see the money. I think his secret is playing for little money but every single day. He mostly plays "his people" ( I'm guessing Mexicans maybe he's Salvadorian no idea ). He starts with $5 game and dumps a few then drunks want him to stay and keep playing. Eventually $5 games turn into $20 games and he walks out with 200-300. ( 200 x 30 days = 6k do the math ). He goes to a different spot every night and stays out of tourneys. He said people are too good at tourneys. Too much work for not enough money.

I've been playing in my city a long time I know all the bars and rooms. I've never heard of most places he shoots at so very possible for him to stay unknown I'm in a huge city.

Not to sound racist but if you ask a random white guy to play for money 9 out of 10 times they'll say no. If you ask a Mexican 9 out of 10 times they'll say yes. Don't know why it's just the way it is. So I believe him.

Maybe I shouldn't say this this but...... u say mex or sal, OK fine can we say maybe 13 or ms???? The oldest thing in the book is someone that comes up with money says " I won it gambling ". I have no idea nor could care less. You sir come across as a little dense - no offense but if you are being serious I'd try to smarting up a little cause its a jungle out there lol.

Question, when u and this buddy of yours go anywhere do you always drive?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

---

Trust you ??? LOL

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

First you say your definitive that he makes 5k a month. THEN, You say you dont know for sure. THEN you try and come up with some mathematical defense that though has finite truth most likely just another way to cover, as Ive said prior, an embelished "story".... If your story WERE true, he'd of been "found out" long ago... The only ones Ive ever seen make consistent money are road players, who keep moving, and Ive been around so to speak.. I'm in just as "huge" city as you and it dont happen here...

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First you say your definitive that he makes 5k a month. THEN, You say you dont know for sure. THEN you try and come up with some mathematical defense that though has finite truth most likely just another way to cover, as Ive said prior, an embelished "story".... If your story WERE true, he'd of been "found out" long ago... The only ones Ive ever seen make consistent money are road players, who keep moving, and Ive been around so to speak.. I'm in just as "huge" city as you and it dont happen here...

Skins, I think we already knows what's up. Funny, some times you and I don't see eye to eye but this time we do.

If op's statement was true I stand by my aerie post as to what's up.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why would you, nobody is being deceived or taken advantage of. Now if you saw him stash an ace up his sleeve that might be a different story, or maybe if he was a long time great player whose first words when he sat down at the table were "what are the rules again and is it the full house or the straight that is the better hand I never can remember".

This. He said what I was going to.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for your post, I have found it most empathetic Stop the bleeding, stay out

of the game, mind your business, all very low routes of humanity. I applaud you good sir,

even if you might have had your jaw broken you did what you thought right, and even

have a great story and maybe even a better lesson to share with the people in your life.

For all we know player B asked to play, that has never happened to any of us? Walk into

a room knocking around and some schmuck comes sniffin around. Has to me, never at

$50 a game but I am unlucky like that. You did not knock the action btw, and he never

had to play you, I have no idea why he would play for $100 when the guy is bleeding

$50's

Last edited: