Match for Half a Million $ to start today at at 6PM Las Vegas time

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed. A lot of the people who knock him might not beat him playing even one pocket.

Dippy`s End game is real good.As a general rule, a weak player is not supposed to make even a single ball when palying champions.But he made balls consistently when he played scott and Daz in the past. It is my understanding that he learned the end game strategy by hanging out with 'Indian' while 'Indian' was living in Cleveland.For personal reasons,I am not mentioning the actual name of the 'Indian':cool:

Last edited:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dippy`s End game is real good.As a general rule, a weak player is not supposed to make even a single ball when palying champions.But he made balls consistently when he played scott and Daz in the past. It is my understanding that he learned the end game strategy by hanging out with 'Indian' while 'Indian' was living in Cleveland.For personal reasons,I am not mentioning the actual name of the 'Indian':cool:

Chief Wahoo Mcdaniel?

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
I'm curious about this too.

Scott will spot up the first 7 balls he makes, then they play 12-4 from there with no more balls being spotted (assuming no fouls, etc).

Which begs an interesting question... Scott will normally take a foul to improve his position, but having to go to 19, I'm curious if he will change his foul-taking strategy?

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott will spot up the first 7 balls he makes, then they play 12-4 from there with no more balls being spotted (assuming no fouls, etc).

Which begs an interesting question... Scott will normally take a foul to improve his position, but having to go to 19, I'm curious if he will change his foul-taking strategy?

He will take more fouls. You can't risk dippy making a ball cause you opted to not take a foul. 1 ball for dippy is 25% of a victory and 1 ball for scott is only 5%. You can't risk trading ball for ball.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a new found respect for dippy !

Not swinging off nobody's nads but I will say I was wrong about the guy when he 1st started posting...I didn't know what to make of him or what his angle was so I was a big sceptic...But I have to say I admire the mans gamble...He knows what he wants or figures he needs then trys to make em chit on themselves betting outside their compfort zone...Win , lose, or draw...I like his style.

houmatroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He will take more fouls. You can't risk dippy making a ball cause you opted to not take a foul. 1 ball for dippy is 25% of a victory and 1 ball for scott is only 5%. You can't risk trading ball for ball.

You are absolutely right..Scott will take as many fouls as he has to if there is any chance of selling out because he knows when he got a shot he picks up chunks usually...not 1 & done....:cool:

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your indian gets weight from Dippy's indian....

The last time I saw the indian at the derby was my first experience with Tony Chohan. Even 1p for @1k a game. I ended up a lot lighter in the pocket "no chance this kid can beat the indian" Thats when I became a TC believer.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if Dippy wins

....so if Dippy wins, is he even? If he loses, will they play for more? This just seems to me like the old double or nothing game...........

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
The last time I saw the indian at the derby was my first experience with Tony Chohan. Even 1p for @1k a game. I ended up a lot lighter in the pocket "no chance this kid can beat the indian" Thats when I became a TC believer.

The Indian won the US Open One Pocket one year. He and Cecil Tugwell were rooming together and playing $20 one pocket almost every waking moment they weren't playing in the tourney. Neither had a car at the venue and I drove them back and forth from the hotel most of the time. The Indian was a hundred ball runner in 14.1 but wasn't really a one pocket player until that tournament. I think Cecil regretted giving him all the $20 lessons.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Indian won the US Open One Pocket one year. He and Cecil Tugwell were rooming together and playing $20 one pocket almost every waking moment they weren't playing in the tourney. Neither had a car at the venue and I drove them back and forth from the hotel mot of the time. The Indian was a hundred ball runner in 14.1 but wasn't really a one pocket player until that tournament. I think Cecil regretted giving him all the $20 lessons.

Is that the Gay guy from Ohio that people are referencing?

Banks

Banned
Not swinging off nobody's nads but I will say I was wrong about the guy when he 1st started posting...I didn't know what to make of him or what his angle was so I was a big sceptic...But I have to say I admire the mans gamble...He knows what he wants or figures he needs then trys to make em chit on themselves betting outside their compfort zone...Win , lose, or draw...I like his style.

That's exactly what I was thinking.. playing pool with his poker knowledge. Make the opponent so nervous that they can't play right. Scott for $10k or $20k may get him, but Scott for $200k+ may try to change his game up for the money and cause him to misplay a couple of shots.

Either way, this oughta be interesting..

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Hey you! Long time no see.How have you been, my friend?:)

Fine, my good man...it's be 5 or 6 years, I think since we laid eyes on each other. Maybe Peoria will come back some day/

Hope all is well....and I love the thread.

Jeff Livingston

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Lyle Gay i believe !

I remember that he likes to play without shoes on !

Leil Gay, and he moved to Phoenix about 2 years ago. Often playing in the same room as Mr. Frost.

Nice Guy with a full head of hair! Oh yeah, he can play some 1 hole too.