Meucci Collectors

Tinbender

Registered
This is my old beat up 80-7. I would like to get it re-finished but I am concerned about sending to Meucci because of the amount of time I heard it takes them to do it.
The butt piece needs replaced and I guess the only ones that could do that would be Meucci .Any suggestions would be great,what about Proficient billiards sounds like they do great work .

Attachments

• Project1.jpg
    Project1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1,653

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go through proficient....... I wouldnt send anything in the direction of Bob Meuccis shop right now.
For the record, he is opening a new plant........ Im wondering if he will try to make another go at the market, or if he will put out crap?
Chuck

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dont hesistant

RiverCity said:
Go through proficient....... I wouldnt send anything in the direction of Bob Meuccis shop right now.
For the record, he is opening a new plant........ Im wondering if he will try to make another go at the market, or if he will put out crap?
Chuck

Send it to Scot at Proficient.

Ken

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Ken_4fun said:
Send it to Scot at Proficient.

Ken

Third... i third that.. i have a meucci 84-4 here that belongs to my cousin that i will be sending to proficient also.. he does an amazing job and does the sealed over wrap better then meucci :)

chris

Tinbender

Registered
Well if you say so

My decision was made easy by you guys .Looks like I'm sending it to Scott at Proficient.One more thing ,any timeframe to expect ,just curious,and also the cost before I call them? Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks for the recommendation,
Paul

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deep said:
Well i only own one Meucci so i'm not really a collector but i do play with this cue when i'm out having some beers and shooting some pool. If anyone could give me some info on this cue i'd be very grateful as i can't seem to find any info on it anywhere! The only things i know is its a Jim Rempe model!

Sorry about the crappy pics, had to take them on my cell phone as my sis has my digi cam. :mad:

is the butt cap inscribed jimmy rempe by meucci? you don't show that in your pictures. It must be to be a rempe. There are 4 rempe models.Yours is rempe 3. At around 90-95 % it's probably worth around $300.00 properly presented in a good market. Go to Discount Pool Cues for more info.

thediamond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe my luck. See a couple of pages back when I describe that the Meucci 97-30 is only Meucci I want to own. Well guess what....thanks to Steve (Hunter) and the original owner (Brian Haynes) I now own this cue.

It was indeed a one off Prototype made and signed by Bob Meucci and the catalogue photo was of this actual cue. I have been looking for this cue for 7 years. Today is a good day, I am a happy man.

Steve...send me your address mate, I want to send you something to say thank you for helping me find this cue. AZ is a special place, we should all be thankful it exists....I am!

Si
9730-1.jpg

9730-3.jpg

9730-2.jpg

97-30cert.jpg

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Si,

That was a good find - I haven't seen this cue before.

Chris

soxfan

Anyone have info on this Meucci??

Hey guys (and girls I'm sure),

First post here. Just found the site a couple days ago. Looks like a great site.

I've got two Meucci's, an 88-1 in excellent shape (my first cue, sorry no picture) and the one pictured, which I purchased in April 1995 at a league event (I think it was an 8-ball Camel league) where there was a pro from the Pro Billiards Tour there you could play against. I've been looking for information on this cue for a few months now but have never found any reference to it on any site, or past Meucci catalogs. I've seen a reference to a model PBT-3 (only on this site) but no description or picture.

Anyways, is there anyone out there who can provide some information on this cue?

Thanks

Attachments

• Meucci PBT whole.jpg
    Meucci PBT whole.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,262
  • Meucci PBT butt.jpg
    Meucci PBT butt.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Meucci PBT forearm.jpg
    Meucci PBT forearm.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Meucci PBT butt and tip.jpg
    Meucci PBT butt and tip.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,227

soxfan

cuetrip said:
hey guys. got this from a buddy about 10 yrs ago who ordered it custom from Bob about 12 yrs before that. 1984 I think. 2 point, silver rings, with an OPEN wrap (haven't seen many of those).
Any Meucci experts have any insight on possible worth of this?
Sorry for the lousey image quality
I've got that same cue, although my wrap is not open. It's an 88-1. I'm not sure about the age you quote, but it's possible it is 22 years old. I bought mine in 1989 and always thought the "88" in the model number referred to the year those cues were first produced/sold, but I may be wrong. It may be that yours was produced earlier since the wrap is open, but otherwise yours is identical to mine. When I get the chance I'll post some pictures of mine.

As far as the worth goes I have no idea, but would be interested to hear if anyone has any rough idea. I know I paid $200 back in '89.

Last edited:

soxfan

soxfan said:
Hey guys (and girls I'm sure),

First post here. Just found the site a couple days ago. Looks like a great site.

I've got two Meucci's, an 88-1 in excellent shape (my first cue, sorry no picture) and the one pictured, which I purchased in April 1995 at a league event (I think it was an 8-ball Camel league) where there was a pro from the Pro Billiards Tour there you could play against. I've been looking for information on this cue for a few months now but have never found any reference to it on any site, or past Meucci catalogs. I've seen a reference to a model PBT-3 (only on this site) but no description or picture.

Anyways, is there anyone out there who can provide some information on this cue?

Thanks

Well, after a little more searching here I was able to determine that my cue is a Model 95-21, but I'd still like to to know more about it (construction specs, etc.) so if anyone has suggestions on where I could go to get that info I'd appreciate it. I have emailed Meucci but have not gotten a reply yet.

Thanks again. :)

justin.powell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't believe my luck. See a couple of pages back when I describe that the Meucci 97-30 is only Meucci I want to own. Well guess what....thanks to Steve (Hunter) and the original owner (Brian Haynes) I now own this cue.

It was indeed a one off Prototype made and signed by Bob Meucci and the catalogue photo was of this actual cue. I have been looking for this cue for 7 years. Today is a good day, I am a happy man.

Steve...send me your address mate, I want to send you something to say thank you for helping me find this cue. AZ is a special place, we should all be thankful it exists....I am!

Si
9730-1.jpg

9730-3.jpg

9730-2.jpg

97-30cert.jpg

Nice cue and a one of a kind. Enjoy it!!

poolcrazy

Huebler Collector
Silver Member
Meucci Originals Signed

here are a few of my Meucci Originals, and I also have both maple and ebony Olympians as well as a 1 of 2 white with black columns
and the 001 Gambler 3

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,530
  • IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,323
  • IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,589
  • IMG_0293.JPG
    IMG_0293.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 1,073
Last edited:

poolcrazy

Huebler Collector
Silver Member
dont forget the white stoppere

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the kind words about my site. This feedback energizes me to add more stuff to it.

The single best source for old catalogs and so forth on old Meucci's is here:

http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/

Budget Cues has archived most of the old catalogs.

Concerning the old logo, there are actually two different dates that overlap. The last series to use the old logo was the 88 series made until the early 1990's, and the Oldie Series. The Oldies were made with both the old logo and the new logo. My understanding was they had two different factories going on at the time as they were moving to a larger facility, so the one factory used the old stamping and the newer one used the "new" logo which was created in 1990.

Here are some of the clues to dating a Meucci besides finding the catalog:

Brass pin - very early cue, probably before 1976.

Small, round bumper - pre-1984. The 84 series photo showed the small round bumper in the catalog, but there were actually very few produced with them. The small bumper also had a smaller hole than the standard 3/4".

Old logo, Jimmy Rempe's, David Howards, etc - pre 1990

The old cues will not have any rounded over, pantographed inlays at all. Many use real ebony, abalone, and MOP unlike the newer cues which are crappy-ass plastic. The first cues I saw that had rounded over inlays was about 1992.

Chris
Dont forget the white stopper to hide the weight bolt that was also used in the 90s

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
The 4th one over. The Diamond. I've had one
for 25 yrs. & it is a GREAT cue.

The 4th one over was actually the first cue I ever bought new lol... And yes it was actually a nice playing cue for the money back then. Don't remember the model number though.