Mike Dechaine

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey AZ forum,
Marks decision was a good one. Wether or not I'll be able to play under him one day is his choice. I have and will always need to keep myself in check when competing, but it is something I am fully aware of. My goal, for this coming year, to act like a professional and win as much as I can. As far as the potential players, they're great choices. All are very successful in our sport. I am hoping it is right mesh of players that can bring home the cup.
Best,
MD

Great of you to come on here & respond to people. You've always dealt well with the negativity from some people on here in your responses to them & not allowing yourself to respond in kind. I've always enjoyed watching you play at the US Open & hope to see you there this year.

I think Mark is going to do quite well with the Mosconi Cup team. I'm disappointed to not see some people on the team but maybe some new blood is needed. Regardless, I will be watching as I always do.

sciarco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mosconi cup

EARL should be there c'mon man he brings the crowds and is a great player .

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Hey AZ forum,
Marks decision was a good one. Wether or not I'll be able to play under him one day is his choice. I have and will always need to keep myself in check when competing, but it is something I am fully aware of. My goal, for this coming year, to act like a professional and win as much as I can. As far as the potential players, they're great choices. All are very successful in our sport. I am hoping it is right mesh of players that can bring home the cup.
Best,
MD

This response is refreshing to see. Best to you MD.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Nice Post....

Hey AZ forum,
Best,
MD

Mike,

A nice post that rings of sincerity and honesty.

Thanks, and good luck! You hit'em great!

Will Prout

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Hey AZ forum,
Best,
MD

Good post
But you and I both know you should be on the team

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Hey AZ forum,
Best,
MD

Well done! Rock on, Mike, rock on. I'm rooting for ya

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Must be weird waking up in the morning to find a 5 page thread about yourself on az.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
takeitdown...You really know nothing about team sports. You must be too young to remember the "Miracle on Ice", when the US Olympic hockey team took down the behemoth USSR hockey team. There was NO way they could win...but they did.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

If you think a bunch of 20 somethings who are barely in the top 100 will win because of team spirit...you are dreaming.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know much about MD except what I have read on here. Seems everything is pure speculation on our part. It would be interesting to know what the criteria is for picking the team. Pool fans kinda deserve to know why, when a top player isn't picked. Lets say any standings you look at for the top 10. A players shows up on every list. That players doesnt get picked. Everyone deserves to know why or at least that the player knows why. Granted Mark Wilson may have his reasons. However, his reasoning may not be best for the fans. Sure the USA didn't do well last year. Regardless, if Earl wasn't on the team it may not have had the same viewership. There may be more returning viewers because of Earls antics. I may be wrong but I think viewership comes down to two reasons. You want to what the players you like. You want to watch the players you hate. You don't want to watch players you don't know. In the end. Mosconi cup. You want to watch the BEST players. A good coach/ Captain knows how to make the bad apples play well with the good apples. That's what make them a great coach. Look at any team sport.

Just saw this, maybe Mark was worried about stuff like this,

Quote from this latest news article:
Day 2 From Thetford Mines: World Class Shooting with a Hint of Controversy

"The match that had everyone talking on this day was the winners side final between Mike Dechaine and Thorsten Hohmann. Hohmann, who was in control of this match from the start, earned himself a 4-0 lead when he kicked combo a six ball to the disbelief of Dechaine. According to Dechaine, Hohmann neglected to call this shot and after some jawing back and forth a frustrated Hohmann yelled, "you think you are World Champion? You have won nothing!" This brought some laughter from the crowd and resulted in the two taking a break to work things out. Hohmann came back and continued to dominate, winning 10-1. Regardless, Dechaine is only one win away from a rematch in the final which could turn out to be a classic match up."

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, I like Dechaine as a player as well, but that doesn't mean the current lineup is a bad choice either. Please quit trolling this subject. The Mosconi Cup team lineup isn't decided like American Idol; basically, your vote doesn't count. On a positive note, I support the team and hope we do well!

See you at Blackpool! Go team USA

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of a bad example. I kick combo that goes in. Apparently it's call pockets. Sitting player questions if the shot was called. Was it or not. I don't know. Either way doesn't sound to outrageous. Sounds like Hohman stirred the pot. Not MIke. From your example.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mainplayer

Gold Member
Called Shot

This incident was handled perfectly. Thorstan played a shot and didn't call it. Or called it in a way that I or no one else understood. He got very upset. We went outback and everything was worked out. I said, I believe you played it, you just forgot to say it. I let him shoot because I respect him as a player and a person.

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by, rackemup20:

"Mine as well of picked Stevie wonder to be the captain cuz you can see talent if it bit u in the a*%"

Speaking of brilliant, I fixed that for you.

Might as well of picked Stevie Wonder to be the captain cuz you couldn't see talent if it bit u in the a*%".

Actually, it would be "Might as well have" not "of".... and I won't even get into the "cuz" and "u". :wink:

I agree with you. I dont know why J Schmidt is on the team. He has not played last few years.

John is a self proclaimed sandwich artist. There are 3 others who are essentially regional short stops. They don't win pro open events and could not beat top talent in long races.

Ridiculous to form a team that has zero chance of winning. Cheapens the whole event really. Pro pool is more like APA anymore.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ridiculous to form a team that has zero chance of winning. Cheapens the whole event really. Pro pool is more like APA anymore.

What's ridiculous is losing for four years in a row and not considering a new approach.
What's ridiculous is giving alleged 'pro players ' a free ride and then having them make asses of themselves.
What's ridiculous is considering the opinion of common folks to be of more value than a former Mosconi cup player who is also a very reputable coach, instructor and author.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Excellent post Mike! Great professional attitude! Hope to see you back on the MC team next year! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hey AZ forum,
Best,
MD