Mosconi Cup on the Net or T.V.

Scherf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has it yet been announced where someone in the Mid-West will be able to see the Mosconi Cup, whether it be on the internet or on T.V.? I'd really like to be able to see as much of it as possible. Thanks for the help.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has it yet been announced where someone in the Mid-West will be able to see the Mosconi Cup, whether it be on the internet or on T.V.? I'd really like to be able to see as much of it as possible. Thanks for the help.

There are several threads about this very topic. I think the general consensus is that, yes, we will be able to watch the Mosconi Cup on our computers via ESPN-3, much like last year. I watched ESPN-3 on my computer via my Comcast connection last year. The ESPN-3 was not on my TV, though. It only came through on my computer. I'm not quite sure how or why that is. :eek:

If you have one of those super-duper television tuners, you can watch it on TV via your computer. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmmm.....now i wish i was a little more technically advanced. Thanks, JAM.

Don't worry. Right before the event, there will be many posts with links, directing us where to go to see it live. I think it's going to be a blast! :)

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Roku to watch Netflix on my HD TV and Roku just added the ESPN channels including ESPN3 to users who have ESPN in their normal cable channels. I have Comcast in my area.

I am looking forward to watching the mosconi cup on my large HD screen this year using my Roku and ESPN3.

Maybe this information will help others who use the Roku.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
There are several threads about this very topic. I think the general consensus is that, yes, we will be able to watch the Mosconi Cup on our computers via ESPN-3, much like last year. I watched ESPN-3 on my computer via my Comcast connection last year. The ESPN-3 was not on my TV, though. It only came through on my computer. I'm not quite sure how or why that is. :eek:

If you have one of those super-duper television tuners, you can watch it on TV via your computer. :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Actually, all you need is 2 cables (video & audio) to get it on your tv. Depending on your laptop and TV, that dictates what cables you need. You could take your laptop to Best Buy or Radio Shack if you're unsure. Bring your tv model # written down. It'll run you somewhere from $30 - $75 depending on quality of cables. I dropped $40 and it looks/sounds great.

Then load the feed on your laptop, click and hold "Fn" and then the F button with crt/lcd written on it. F buttons may very, but once you know, it's truly a walk in the park. Watching on a nice flat screen vs a computer is such a difference!

Then you can stream Hulu or whatever and drop cable, lol.

Hope that helps.

coreyh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mosconi Cup will be live on Fox Soccer Plus for the first 3 hours each day - http://www.foxsoccerplus.com/images/schedules/week 49-december13-fsp-clean.pdf

For the final 2 live hours each day, they will switch over to Fox Sports 2 (used to be FuelTV). Fox Sports 2 is pretty widely available on most cable packages, but Fox Soccer Plus is a subscription channel for $14.95 per month. It also looks like they've got full replays on Fox Soccer Plus each night.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, all you need is 2 cables (video & audio) to get it on your tv. Depending on your laptop and TV, that dictates what cables you need. You could take your laptop to Best Buy or Radio Shack if you're unsure. Bring your tv model # written down. It'll run you somewhere from $30 - $75 depending on quality of cables. I dropped $40 and it looks/sounds great.

Then load the feed on your laptop, click and hold "Fn" and then the F button with crt/lcd written on it. F buttons may very, but once you know, it's truly a walk in the park. Watching on a nice flat screen vs a computer is such a difference!

Hope that helps.

Sounds Greek to me, but thanks so much for the explanation on how ot make it happen. We do have a Best Buy nearby, so I might check into that. Great idea! :)

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hope that helps.

Matt, this is all Chinese to me but I'm going to dig up a friend to do this for me. After it's done would I be able to record it?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Matt, this is all Chinese to me but I'm going to dig up a friend to do this for me. After it's done would I be able to record it?

I would think you could record, but surely someone here that's more tech savy will chime in.

Connecting is just as easy as hooking up a DVD or (in your case ;)) a VCR. Then you have to "tell your computer and TV" to talk to each other with a couple simple clicks.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
It has been announced it will be on FOX SPORTS 2. It is already in the channel lineup. Check to see if you get that channel. Next week starting 5pm EST.

Everyone tune in to support them getting it on real TV!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Hope that helps.

Don't bother writing down your model number, unless its a last resort.

Better to take the manual from the TV if you have it. Or take a photo of the back of the TV with your phone, and bring that with you when you come in for your cable hookup.

<----------Does this crap every day, for what is reported to be a living

Yes, 1 HDMI is the best. Assuming that A) your laptop has it, and B) the customer knows what HDMI is, and how to locate it on their laptop. Believe me, its not as simple as it sounds, many times. Borders on rocket science for some...

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It has been announced it will be on FOX SPORTS 2. It is already in the channel lineup. Check to see if you get that channel. Next week starting 5pm EST.

Everyone tune in to support them getting it on real TV!

This is the word I got too, Fox Sports 2.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will

Hope that helps.

Will this work with an IPAD ?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the word I got too, Fox Sports 2.

Unfortunately, Fox Sports 2 only works with Direct TV. If you have Comcast, like me, there is no Fox Sports 2.

The only thing we can hope for is that they will do the same as last year and show it on ESPN-3. If that happens, we're in like Flynn if you have Comcast. :)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Unfortunately, Fox Sports 2 only works with Direct TV. If you have Comcast, like me, there is no Fox Sports 2.

The only thing we can hope for is that they will do the same as last year and show it on ESPN-3. If that happens, we're in like Flynn if you have Comcast. :)

I have Brighthouse cable and get fox2 for $10 @ month. :p. Johnnyt