Mosconi Cup Updates

tommy84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible that Europe is just better than us? More disciplined, more focused, more talented? And, not to bring up a sore subject, but also better coached?

That's exactly the point. All those guys are perfectly coached using the IPAT drills where you adjust your stance to have your cue travel straight on the line of sight without having to do anything.
Even if the match goes against you, you still have fundamentals to fall back on and get going again.
Especially Putnam and Morris are "old timers". They play awesome pool, they have skills from another world and now every trick there is, but compared to Souquet or Feijen they just lack fundamental skills they can fall back on when the going get's rough for them

Also the Europeans are much more disciplined. Look at Dechaine complaining about every roll the Euros got in his singles match against Melling.
It doesn't help him at all, it makes it even worse. When your opponent get's a roll, accept it and wait for your next shot. How can you win a match when you always say "He get's all the rolls he needs to win"?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Thread About CW in per Archer

Here's what I wrote in that older 11-24 CW thread;

"....There was dissention and a firm undertone of dissatisfaction that I felt and was told in confidence, during my helping out at the Bike club yrs ago. Those issues and concerns have either subsided or are considered the cost of doing business with CW.

Since the players are behind em then their play will show us their true feelings. As we all know, top players have difficulty performing to their potiential if emotions are not in check. Proofs in the Pudding...."

''So how did the TEAM do"?

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
So, since two of them are most likely in CW's back pocket, are you suggesting that its a possibility that the others three players performance is based upon they may have not liked playing under CW?

dimeshooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
score?

I was playing in a pool tournament,so I am way out of the loop. Can anyone give me the updated score? Also is hahasport.com not doing today's action?

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Yeah, Alex is, I believe, Canadian as well as Fillipino. We've commented before on the matter of permitting Candaians to play on the American Team if they qualify on merit.

If you did I believe that Klatt has gotten to a level that puts him in the mix. He is playing more international events then most Americans and has finished pretty high in many of them with big wins over world class players. He would hold his own against the Euros.

SVB
Archer
Rodney
Alex
Klatt

That would be a pretty tough team to beat. IF Corey ever started playing again and got to 90% of his peak potential he would make the team even stronger in place of someone that is not SVB or Alex who are clearly the two best North American players atm (Alex is Canada's current snooker champion so we are taking him back, he should be happy we are not Taiwan and telling him he is going into the military!).

I think if Klatt keeps playing world class events and getting better, if Rodney decided to really commit to the game and play all the world class events and practice like SVB, and if Corey ever really commited to the game for a year, that might knock Archer into non-playing captain unless he himself was to really commit to getting his game back himself.

If they made it Europe vs North America that would be very cool and it would change the dynamics of the teams alot with Alex getting into the mix and possibly Klatt. It would help pool in North America in general IMO and maybe give the USA more hope on winning a future Mosconi Cup, Alex is a HUGE boost to the team when you suddenly have two stone cold killers in Alex and SVB on the same team.

Can you imagine Alex and SVB as a scotch doubles team? Noone would be a favorite against them.

Joerg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Close to perfection

Nice focused play by SVB. He should get this match...

Still, go Europe :)

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That bank should never have fallen into the pocket, hit the point on the longrail. Still very well played match by SVB.

Joe T

5 MORE 5 MORE 5 MORE 5 MORE
Get that crowd goin somebody!
Gettem thinking about winning and Europe worried about losing.
USA 5 More USA 5 More USA 5 More! ! 5 More 5 More

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
"Perfect position on the 7"!?!?!?!?!?!

OK. Jim has no idea what he is talking about and is just there to fill a spot in the booth cause his commentary is just terrible.

Shane went to far and ended up on the short side. He DIDN'T want to get on that side, but it worked out perfect for him.

PERFECT!?!?!?!

Get him out of the booth please!