Most racks ever run on a Valley bar box

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
12 racks of 8 is not world class on a bar box. If someone e wants to post 5 k I'll get it done in 30 days.....now 18 plus would be a better goal.

You are correct ....nobody has a reason to play winner break 8 ball long enough to see high runs. Mine occurred playing race to 4....4 sets...50 a set and I closed out the last 3....don't care if anyone believes it. If you don't and say it's not possible...then you don't understand what many players are capable of on a Valley.

What??? Am I reading this right? You want to bet $5k you can run 12 (or 18) 8 ball racks in a row. On a 7 foot valley or diamond or what? Including making a ball on the break? Table open after break or shoot what you make?
I would be in for this action.

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what the record is for consecutively making a ball on the break in 8-ball on a 7-foot Valley table?

You are never going to run a rack unless you make one on the break.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's finish up the first bet you challenged for 5K, running 12 racks from the break....you said you could do it....so, I'll put up 5K against your 5K.....that you can't, and like I said, every time you fail, I'll let you double up the bet that way you have a chance to get your money back. Why are you trying to get out of your own bragging bet?

I'm pretty sure you are the kid nobody played with back on the day....you make things up out of the clear blue....nobody said they are running 12 from their first break...said I did and I can again. You say it's not possible...I say you don't know boo....

No bet on 8 ball race to 12? If I run the set you can still kick in tgat 5k.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What??? Am I reading this right? You want to bet $5k you can run 12 (or 18) 8 ball racks in a row. On a 7 foot valley or diamond or what? Including making a ball on the break? Table open after break or shoot what you make?
I would be in for this action.

30 days....lots of guys could.

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
Anybody know what the record is for consecutively making a ball on the break in 8-ball on a 7-foot Valley table?

You are never going to run a rack unless you make one on the break.

I can go the opposite way and state for a fact the I went 19 games in a row without making a ball on the break at the Indiana state ACS championships playing 8 ball on Valley tables. Never scratched either. It was pretty creepy to say the least.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I can go the opposite way and state for a fact the I went 19 games in a row without making a ball on the break at the Indiana state ACS championships playing 8 ball on Valley tables. Never scratched either. It was pretty creepy to say the least.

Same here....I won a match of 9-ball 11-9 against a great player...
...with 11 dry breaks...:eek:
I was very lucky...he had to push after most of them.

The cloth was very 'grainy' and the table was over 400 lbs lighter than a Gold Crown or
Diamond........I play my worst games on light tables.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
So, are we on for 5K or what?

Why do you keep saying on your first try??? These are LIFETIME high runs, not runs on demand. I think alot of you have comprehension problems.
Also, why does everybody keep going on about 51% or whatever of break and runs or times a ball was made on the break? That was ONE tournament example.

DO YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND HOW AN AVERAGE IS FOUND???

Nevermind

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why do you keep saying on your first try??? These are LIFETIME high runs, not runs on demand. I think alot of you have comprehension problems.
Also, why does everybody keep going on about 51% or whatever of break and runs or times a ball was made on the break? That was ONE tournament example.

DO YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND HOW AN AVERAGE IS FOUND???

Nevermind

2 things you can't fix.....stupid and ugly....
These guys arguing that 12 is impossible haven't played worth a kick in their lives and haven't seen great players in action. There's times when great players hit such a high gear you either step up and match it...or unscrew and watch.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
These guys arguing that 12 is impossible haven't played worth a kick in their lives and haven't seen great players in action. There's times when great players hit such a high gear you either step up and match it...or unscrew and watch.

Well, we've narrowed down who stupid is then because YOU are the one that said YOU could break and run a 12 pack 8 ball on a Valley bar box within 30 days....reread what you bragged about being able to do....YOU are now sidestepping your own BS because I called YOU out on it to prove it, but as a bet that you have no chance!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Well, we've narrowed down who stupid is then because YOU are the one that said YOU could break and run a 12 pack 8 ball on a Valley bar box within 30 days....reread what you bragged about being able to do....YOU are now sidestepping your own BS because I called YOU out on it to prove it, but as a bet that you have no chance!

No, you said he couldn't do it first try, there's a HUGE difference! You said the same about Searing - Of course NOBODY is gonna take that bet.

WHAT DON'T you understand about lifetime high run?????

He did say 30 days - take him up on that

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member

agreed.....i've never just sat there and tried to better my PR in that fashion....but my break was making cosmos out of every stack......the whole got dam bar had shut down, place was small and quaint and everyone knew me well....my buddies couldn't believe i just unscrewed my cue that night....and like i said Literally sat on those old shoe shine chairs, basking in it ejnoying the cheers of my disciples why my boy jesus watched on as per usual.

I may could have dry broke the very next rack......or i may not have missed till the sun came up. It was one of those nights.

Lets get a coalition together, I'll cater it and well bust cobra commander :p

realkingcobra

Silver Member

I've been around pool for a long time, you have no idea what my accomplishments are as a player....and I quit playing 26 years ago because working on pool tables take all my time. You have no idea who I've played over the years, but one things I've learned in 60 years....is the smell of a bullshit story, and buddy....it's one thing for you to believe in your BS, but it's a whole different thing to try and get others to believe your BS. Post up a video on YouTube of you breaking and at least running 1 rack...that'll say a lot about your skills....can't hide them behind a keyboard. Post up, let's see what ya got.....if ya got any at all

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, you said he couldn't do it first try, there's a HUGE difference! You said the same about Searing - Of course NOBODY is gonna take that bet.

WHAT DON'T you understand about lifetime high run?????

He did say 30 days - take him up on that

See this is what cracks me up...... so many people come out and say how great they are because they play on 9' tables and belittle others whom don't have the 9' experience and state how easy bar boxes (7 footers) are and how it isn't really pool.

This entire thread is about how easy bar boxes are, contrary to the actual stats showing they are just as hard to BnR on as a 9' table. They are so easy that apparently some really great players here, think they can easy string a pak of 15+ BnRs on them.

So if they are so easy as the egos here claim:
Then why do they need 30 days?
Then why can't they do it from the first try on?
How about from the first time they makes a ball from the break on?
How about the very first time they actually break and run for the first time?

If someone is going to run their mouth and talk about how something is so easy and then be willing to bet they can prove how easy it is, then let them prove it.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I am sensing the opportunity for a fun Derby City Classic event. Why not have a bar box 8 ball ghost challenge. It could be run similar to the 14.1 challenge event and could be streamed if someone were able and willing to do that. Maybe Greg Sullivan of Diamond would be willing to sponsor such an event. I would be willing to donate a token amount for such an effort and I suspect that others might as well. Easy payout too, highest consecutive B & R package wins. Could have daily prizes for highest package of the day, etc.

We would get to see the best of the best take a crack at this nut and we could all watch it and not have to depend on all of this hearsay. It would be quite an investment if we could capture a 15+ pack on a live stream.

Just a thought.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
30 days....lots of guys could.

No they can't.

I see the 30 day bet as very impracticle.
...who the hell is going to disrupt their life style that long?

I think he did it...I tend to believe it....I've done a lot of things that I wouldn't bet I could do
again in 30 days.

I gotta be the worst fighter I've ever seen..and I'm extremely right handed..
...but I knocked out a man 25 ilb heavier than me once.....with a left
...I wouldn't take 30 YEARS to do it again....but I did it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
See this is what cracks me up...... so many people come out and say how great they are because they play on 9' tables and belittle others whom don't have the 9' experience and state how easy bar boxes (7 footers) are and how it isn't really pool.

This entire thread is about how easy bar boxes are, contrary to the actual stats showing they are just as hard to BnR on as a 9' table. They are so easy that apparently some really great players here, think they can easy string a pak of 15+ BnRs on them.

So if they are so easy as the egos here claim:
Then why do they need 30 days?
Then why can't they do it from the first try on?
How about from the first time they makes a ball from the break on?
How about the very first time they actually break and run for the first time?

If someone is going to run their mouth and talk about how something is so easy and then be willing to bet they can prove how easy it is, then let them prove it.

COM PRE HEN SION

Or maybe

COM...........................PRE.......................HEN...............................SION.

Slow enough for you? Don't answer, we know it's a no.