Most Under Valued Cue Builder

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Durbin, Blackcreek, Treadway.

sorry can't call guys with 2& 3 thousand dollar cues under valued.

Ryan at Muellers and Bryan Mordt pack a lot into a cue for the price. Back me into a corner and make me spend say 500 bucks, it would probably be on RAT, or a 6 pointed D series McDermott

Last edited:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Who builds the best cue for the money? My vote is Bob Runde and close second Bob Frey, yours?

this is tricky.

"most undervalued cue builder" and "best cue for the money" have two different meanings to me.

I'll focus on best cue for the money.

While there are many good choices, mine is Jeff Olney, for sure. Absolutely brilliant players and extreme high quality for little money.

Tied for second would be Diveney (with glass pins) and Jensen.

It's all subjective and what I like may not be what you like but there is no disputing that the ones I've mentioned are top quality and very reasonable.

best,
brian kc

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry can't call guys with 2& 3 thousand dollar cues under valued.

Ryan at Muellers and Bryan Mordt pack a lot into a cue for the price. Back me into a corner and make me spend say 500 bucks, it would probably be on RAT, or a 6 pointed D series McDermott

Mike Webb is my guy but you're right, Ryans cues play great and they're hard to beat for the $$.
He built me a jump break that is out of this world.

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the new guy, Jerry Rauenzahn. I have seen his work and shoot with one of his cues. They hit great, he does the work on time and it wont break the bank. Yall had better get your orders in while he is still new to everyone.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the new guy, Jerry Rauenzahn. I have seen his work and shoot with one of his cues. They hit great, he does the work on time and it wont break the bank. Yall had better get your orders in while he is still new to everyone.

lol, yeah he's still wet behind the ears all right:p

asiasdad

Banned
Wes Hunter of Hunter Classic Cues.

I've had several of his cues and each and every one of them had top notch workmanship and excellent playability. Yet I've seen them go for give away prices here and other places.

+1 To the above

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even after all these years.....Andy Gilbert. I don't know how in the world you can beat one of his jump/breaks for less than $500. Those cues do it all and do it extremely well. :thumbup:
Yes, my favorite cue maker.:):)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Out West it had to be Jerry Franklin (Southwest) first. His early cues sold for $125-175 and they were dandies, highly valued today if you can find one. Another very good cue maker from Sacramento is Tom Coker. Great playing cues for very reasonable prices. Of course his prices went up after his cues became so popular, but I can remember when he was selling them for under 200 each.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill McDaniel. He doesn't make cues anymore, but
Bill's cues are superb and still undervalued.

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
Bill McDaniel. He doesn't make cues anymore, but
Bill's cues are superb and still undervalued.

Plus one for McDaniel. I have several.

But in my collection, you'll find more Barnharts than anything else. Corey is my favorite maker at the moment.

pooljockey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I 2nd dick neighbors great playing cues for a well below value price and a great guy to deal with on top of it thanks dickie just take to him today he building me another OB shaft with matching deco ring

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Dzuricky from Erie Pa. I'm a very happy customer. His workmanship is as good as anyone. He's very easy to work with, and he delivered my cue in the exact time frame he quoted when I ordered it.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For The Price & Great Feeling Cue

I must say that Bob Owen is the most underrated cue-maker I know of and he makes a amazing pool cue. It's a toss-up between my Prewitt and my Owen cues which hits better and right now I give the edge to Bob. After Ed sends me the new shafts he's making, I suspect it's going to my best playing cue but the darn cue costs a lot more and so it should.

Based upon the aforementioned, for the price and overall value and feel, Bob wins that race hands down. Now I have another candidate coming in 2 months or so and that's a custom Jerry Rauenzahn. I'll let you know how that turns out and I think it could turn out to be the best hitting and best price/value cue I own....stay tuned.

Matt B.