Most Under Valued Cue Builder

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Builders

Now for younger builders I have to say Mr. Rick Howard, I had the pleasure to try one at Derby city and I loved it., I'm not sure how long he's
been making cues. But from what people have said on the price and what I seen them
sell for on second hand here he's hard to beat.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Avs Cue Shop-

Who builds the best cue for the money? My vote is Bob Runde and close second Bob Frey, yours?

Andy van der Voord of Avs Cue Shop in Michigan.

He hand builds butterflies and full-splice cue that are simply functional pieces of art!

2nd Jon Spitz(TX) and Tim Prince(IL) tie ^_^

-CP

Bigb'scues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are countless cue makers in the US and internationally today that are all in the same boat. That high, but not insane price rage of 600-2000 and to pick out one make is tough.

Let's also face the truth that all cues are not created equally. Shaft wood density, grain straightness and taper being the biggest in my book. I have played with SW that have multiple shafts and found my pick of the litter.

If there were no cue makers that were "undervalued" we'd all have Predators and Lucasi cues etc..

My final point being to call them undervalued is wrong; they all play a role in a small niche market most of them are selling at reasonable price. Some will slowly graduate to the top tier with a select audience of buyers (or the occasional retirement splurge gift, lol)

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna go with
Southwest
Searing
Szamboti
Haley
Mobley
Tucker
Etc etc
Mainly because these have to be the most undervalued because regardless, the original owner that gets one of these cues straight from the maker can make 30%_50% profit almost instantly if they decide to sell. Which to me makes them undervalued as far as the cue market goes...

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill Hagan, Zylr and me.:)

I haven't hit with a Hagan but I have two of Joey's and have hit with a Zylr (who was Joey's mentor along with Edwin Reyes) and I know Joey has surpassed Zylr. Joey's hit is the best for me, and yes I know that it is all subjective, but I know many agree with me as I never see his cues on the secondary market. I think that in the next few years he will be turning out some even more remarkable work with the most consistent, solid hit out there.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob Runde builds wonderful cues, but not undervalued.
Evan Clarke builds a lot of cue for the money.

ironchef.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've a soft spot for Skip Weston. Makes a great custom playing cue for very reasonable prices. Skip's probably only building a handful of cues a year these days because the business is just not there for him which is a shame. I'm happy with the two I have and may order up another.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ted Harris (maybe this is my answer to a differently asked question)

After that:

Pat Diveney
Jeff Olney
Bryan Mordt

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm gonna go with
Southwest
Searing
Szamboti
Haley
Mobley
Tucker
Etc etc
Mainly because these have to be the most undervalued because regardless, the original owner that gets one of these cues straight from the maker can make 30%_50% profit almost instantly if they decide to sell. Which to me makes them undervalued as far as the cue market goes...

^^^ This guy gets it.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Evan of Schon Custom Cues does build a great consistent cue. I was playing with a STL3 tonight and it made me remember why I had wanted a Schon since I was a kid. Great playing cue that can be had new for $500 shipped.