Mr. CJ Wiley, is live and living color on AZBilliards, the worlds pool Web site!

PC_John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How great is this? Teaching and sharing secrets with all of us in the AZB family. The USA pool team Captain. ESPN champion, TOI DVD, Bank TOI DVD coming real soon. He is down to earth with all of us here on AZB. Wow! I love that. Thank You, Mr CJ Wiley. Now known as TOI Lock member of the world famous Lock Society. Mr. CJ is an asset to the AZB family. Are you glad to have CJ on AZB, with us?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

I agree with you Mr. Lock N Load. :smile:

C.J is a proven champion and willing to share his knowledge. I wish him well.

I will say that Mr. Wilson is a lot more tolerant of these ankle biters then I would be. :poke:

I believe you owe me some stories too Mr. LNL....:grin:

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
LMAO.

I don't recall anyone asking any question about CJ,,it was just a friendly thread about him. So the opinion was way off base!!! Go take a look ,,I may be wrong but I don't believe so.

And opinions are fine,,,,but seems more like a attack than a opinion. And why would anyone want to do that,,unwarranted to a pro pool player on a pool web site??

Maybe I missed something and I am wrong,,IDK?

I didn't mean to pick on you in any way. Rather, I more or less picked a face out of the crowd in order to make a statement. And the OP actually did ask what people thought about CJ and his contribution to the site:

"Are you glad to have CJ on AZB, with us?" - Lock N Load

I merely answered "Apathetic" and got called out for it. And quite frankly, it wasn't the most honest answer.

Truth is, and this is the last I'll say on this topic (I'll probably get banned for this post anyways), this is how I view CJ... he is a hustler. Not was, is. I do not think he would be here if he didn't have a business interest in doing so. JCIN said it himself...there was just one pro who demanded upfront payment when TAR was in its nascent stages...it was CJ.

I hold the opinion that many of you are either just being fanboys, going with the status quo because you can't think for yourself, or you simply can't see the forest for the trees.

So, truthfully, I shouldn't have answered "apathetic." I should have said "No, I find his attempts to take my money a bit annoying. I would prefer to receive pool advice that isn't tainted with bias or motivated by money. I would prefer to have an informercial-free azbilliard forum." But who am I kidding? Some of you will just slap on the generic label of "jealous" like you do with everyone else who disagrees with one of the pros.

Adam Brown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank You

I can say that I enjoy reading post from CJ and have watched his videos several times. Some people can't accept the fact that he knows how to play pool, well might I add, as if we didn't already know that. Obviously there are people out there that "get" the TOI technique and others that say it is a bunch of horse wash. No two players are exactly alike and yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but don't hate on the man because he shares his way of playing with the AZ community. We have a PRO sharing very useful tips and techniques with us. The man ran 29 balls in one pocket using his TOI system, if that doesn't deserve props then I don't know what to tell you.

My hat is off to you CJ and thank you for sharing information with us.

Thanks, Adam

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad that CJ is posting here, and I want to thanks it again. His vision and perception of the game is interesting, I try it and I like it.
CJ keep posting, and share with us your stories and experience.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Truth is, and this is the last I'll say on this topic (I'll probably get banned for this post anyways), this is how I view CJ... he is a hustler. Not was, is. I do not think he would be here if he didn't have a business interest in doing so. JCIN said it himself...there was just one pro who demanded upfront payment when TAR was in its nascent stages...it was CJ.

I hold the opinion that many of you are either just being fanboys, going with the status quo because you can't think for yourself, or you simply can't see the forest for the trees.

I snipped the part I disagree with...everything in his DVDs that he's selling he's given away on here FOR FREE. It's all right here on AZB, if you'll take the time to drill down and look. The DVDs are just a tighter, better explained, easier to follow package. I was amazed following all the threads to see him basically deconstruct his own game, break it down into all the small parts and put it back together again in front of the whole AZB world. I could follow his progression, as he found better ways to describe the "indescribable", then take it to the table and see for myself. No one else has really done that.

All the folks accused of kissing up to him do so to counterbalance those knocking him; CJ's human and everyone needs a little affirmation that someone appreciates what they're doing. Many of the same folks knocking him were posting a couple of years ago complaining that pros know "secrets" that they won't share. I never really believed there were widely known, tightly kept secrets among the top players, but now I see that there are indeed unique advanced techniques that some top players use, but don't share, either to keep it a secret or simply because they can't really describe it or assume everybody knows it already. And CJ's come on here and taken the time to share it--even before he figured out how to do it clearly--which is why/how I was able to learn this; by watching him figure it out right in front of us.

All I can say is it works for me, my game has gone literally through the roof, and is a lot more fun than it's been in decades.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still room in the corner if you wish to join him.

Thanks for keeping a sense of order on this forum, Mr. Wilson. What a shame that some feel a need to provoke. There are other forums on the Internet where folks can curse, disseminate untruths, ridicule others calling it "honesty," and use vulgarity willy-nilly, but this forum, thank the good Lord above, is not one of them.

I'd much rather read posts written by C.J. Wiley on this, what is supposed to be, pool form than unidentified trolls who have nothing more to contribute to this forum other than writing mean-spirited words. Who needs that crap! Let them post on the other forums where the members enjoy this kind of content, where the norm is to write with curse words and cause anger and hurt to everybody else but themselves.

Thanks, Lock N Load, for the thread! :)

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for keeping a sense of order on this forum, Mr. Wilson. What a shame that some feel a need to provoke. There are other forums on the Internet where folks can curse, disseminate untruths, ridicule others calling it "honesty," and use vulgarity willy-nilly, but this forum, thank the good Lord above, is not one of them.

I'd much rather read posts written by C.J. Wiley on this, what is supposed to be, pool form than unidentified trolls who have nothing more to contribute to this forum other than writing mean-spirited words. Who needs that crap! Let them post on the other forums where the members enjoy this kind of content, where the norm is to write with curse words and cause anger and hurt to everybody else but themselves.

Thanks, Lock N Load, for the thread! :)

Hello Jam,
You welcome for this thread posted by me. Good morning to you. I trust that all is going well for you! I was trying to say something good about a person in the pool world that does a lot for pool players and the pool world. Mr. C J Wiley, says a lot and shares a lot about pool with all of us here on AZB. Have a great day, Jam. Tell Keith I said hello. Thanks.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. I know Jam. Tor got it pretty good, didn't he.
Too bad as he also could have been an asset to the AZ community.
Guess we will never find out now eh.

You may want to pick scabs, Blue Hog rdr, but I'm not going to entertain a back-and-forth colloquy with you.

I wrote to Tor and posted on this forum that I wished him all the best in the coming years. I also wrote, ad nauseum, that I was posting for Jimmy Reid at a time when he was unable to login to this forum, as well as provided Jimmy's hpone number, e-maill address, and stated what I was writing was "hearsay."

I'm not sure how you can compare Tor Lowry to C.J. Wiley, but God bless you, I guess.

Maybe you should try to move on to greener pastures instead of taking potshots at people.

TonyB2377

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very grateful for CJ and love the old road stories. I can't believe Duckie's comments that the TOI is only around because CJ Wiley (world champion/monster on the pool table) cannot hit center ball. What a stupid jealous comment. I imagine CJ can hit the cue ball anywhere he wants to. He CHOOSES to hit it with a TOI.

Last edited:

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm with you lock and load

OK,
I will see you when you come to Buffalo Billiards. You have my phone number.

This was a friendly thread about Mr. CJ and look how it turned out. Man, a nice thread messed up for nothing. It is sad when you cannot say anything good about a person!!! Without getting bad mouthed or the person you are saying the good about getting bad mouthed! I thought this would be a good chance to show Mr. CJ, how much we appreciated him being on AZB.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

My opinion is a bit biased because CJ has been such a good friend for so long and we traveled together in a few countries. In all of his posts CJ is only trying to help...strangers, at that. I never hear him ask anyone for anything. Any of you guys criticizing him for his valuable contributions seems ridiculous. It could be a case of improper venting. Ask yourself what's really bugging you.
You want a real reason to be mad at CJ, put up your dough, break the balls and try to fade what he puts on you.
Chalk a lot of it up to jealousy, Seige. "Japanese only", buddy
Keep it nice. Alfie

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is a bit biased because CJ has been such a good friend for so long and we traveled together in a few countries. In all of his posts CJ is only trying to help...strangers, at that. I never hear him ask anyone for anything. Any of you guys criticizing him for his valuable contributions seems ridiculous. It could be a case of improper venting. Ask yourself what's really bugging you.
You want a real reason to be mad at CJ, put up your dough, break the balls and try to fade what he puts on you.
Chalk a lot of it up to jealousy, Seige. "Japanese only", buddy
Keep it nice. Alfie

Good post, Mr. Alfie!

You know, you should consider traveling to some of these pool events that call for a commentator on pool matches that are livestreamed. JoeyA, a valuable member of our forum, has a wonderful style in the booth, as I'm sure you would, as well. Think about it! :)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may want to pick scabs, Blue Hog rdr, but I'm not going to entertain a back-and-forth colloquy with you.

I wrote to Tor and posted on this forum that I wished him all the best in the coming years. I also wrote, ad nauseum, that I was posting for Jimmy Reid at a time when he was unable to login to this forum, as well as provided Jimmy's hpone number, e-maill address, and stated what I was writing was "hearsay."

I'm not sure how you can compare Tor Lowry to C.J. Wiley, but God bless you, I guess.

Maybe you should try to move on to greener pastures instead of taking potshots at people.

I'm kinda of jumping in the middle here so forgive me if im wrong. I think Tor is great for newer players and CJ is working with stronger players who have a bit more experience.

hope your well & hello to Keith,

Best
eric:smile::smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm kinda of jumping in the middle here so forgive me if im wrong. I think Tor is great for newer players and CJ is working with stronger players who have a bit more experience.

Which camp would you categorize your game; in other words, which instructional video would you derive the most benefit from?

Fatboy said:
hope your well & hello to Keith,

Best
eric:smile::smile:

Thank you. You, too. :smile:

Long live the lions of Serengeti! :cool:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 367

Alf Taylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good morning, jam

Good post, Mr. Alfie!

You know, you should consider traveling to some of these pool events that call for a commentator on pool matches that are livestreamed. JoeyA, a valuable member of our forum, has a wonderful style in the booth, as I'm sure you would, as well. Think about it! :)

Anytime I see your avatar I pay attention. Your posts are always fair and intelligently presented. Thanks for the nice words about my possibly commentating. I would love to do that. As long as I'm on the microphone nobody will ask me to play.
Each time I say "keep it nice" I give you a thought. Alfie

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I like CJ's posts. He's been most helpful and thank goodness he's not easily swayed by the trolls and haters!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge CJ, I've learned a lot from you!

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
When I see these posts and people are in the mix saying they like this or that....and being critical of another, my very first thought is " what are they bringing to the table?".

You've been invited ~ for free ~ to this banquet on knowledge.
It doesn't really matter who the person is or whether they are a pro, instructor..etc.

You have a feast before you. But....what do some do? Complain how much they hate that free feast before them.

So when I see these haters, my first reaction is to look at their contributions. What "worth" are they that they feel justified in having such strong "opinions"..?

So how should I feel and react when upon inspection..the contributions are such as "nice cue", "Kamui chalk costs too much" and other chit chatty posts which are just fluff? What have you enriched the community with?

I know, people are going to say "but he asked". Yes he did.
You will at least have a clear picture of what is going on in my thought process when I remove the detractors.

I haven't really got a use for someone whose best post is "bump for a nice que". I do have much room for people that are doing their best to help and represent this sport though.

Don't forget to scream "Free Speech" as I kick you out.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I appreciate CJ posts, be great if we had more players of his skill involved on a regular basis but I guess that's not very likely. Anyhow thanks CJ.