My New OB Lift came missing a bumper

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
My wife got me a new OB Lift jump cue for my birthday. First of all I want to say the thing performs like a dream. It jumps easily with a lot of control. It's going to be a big asset in league matches. However, when I opened the package from Seyberts I noticed a rip in the plastic bag containing the cue right by where the bumper should be and it was missing. Obviously it doesn't affect the playability, but it affects the aesthetic a little. I don't want a new cue just a replacement bumper. Should I contact Seyberts or OB? I know the reputations of both companies' customer service is outstanding.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I would notify Seyberts but now that you've made this post Royce or someone else from OB will see it and most likely PM you for your info to get one out to you.

Who knows if Seyberts stocks replacement bumpers that fits those..

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Somebody at Seyberts must of thought that "Lift" means lift the bumper from your jump cue.
I can relate to that
Seybert's probably has it all on tape>>:smile:

The good news is that OB is shipping some Lifts.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I would notify Seyberts but now that you've made this post Royce or someone else from OB will see it and most likely PM you for your info to get one out to you.

Who knows if Seyberts stocks replacement bumpers that fits those..
Yeah I was thinking Seyberts wouldn't have any spare ones, but I also thought someone who could help might see this post.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nail them both!

My wife got me a new OB Lift jump cue for my birthday. First of all I want to say the thing performs like a dream. It jumps easily with a lot of control. It's going to be a big asset in league matches. However, when I opened the package from Seyberts I noticed a rip in the plastic bag containing the cue right by where the bumper should be and it was missing. Obviously it doesn't affect the playability, but it affects the aesthetic a little. I don't want a new cue just a replacement bumper. Should I contact Seyberts or OB? I know the reputations of both companies' customer service is outstanding.

Either the people at OB let such a shoddy package ship that they swiped a bumper out of or they were so negligent in packaging that a small child could have torn into the packaging. Six layers of Kevlar is pretty much minimal protection from such things happening along with a half pound of goose down to protect the product from rough handling.

The people at Seybert are very questionable characters too. I have always had fast shipping and perfect fulfillment of all my orders, they have to be setting me up for something big!!

I'd expect a new bumper, a complete new jump cue, and a coupon for the shaft of your choice along with a full refund. The groveling personal apology can be delivered when they hand deliver your new cue and bumper. Of course we expect every moment of the visit videoed to amaze and amuse the denizens of AZB!

No doubt I've left out some of the things that any decent company would do. Wrapping that bumper in a couple of C notes for extra protection shouldn't be a surprise either.

Normally I would ask for a handful of firings and at least one public execution for this kind of an error but I'm feeling benevolent tonight!

Hu

RBC

Deceased

Sounds like you got the special secret weapon model. The one without the bumper. Lol!

No, really sorry about that. Give us a call at the office and we'll get one out right away for you. 972-578-9100 weekdays business hours.

Glad you like it!

Royce

Busboy

Wanna Play Some?
Silver Member
Sounds like you got the special secret weapon model. The one without the bumper. Lol!

No, really sorry about that. Give us a call at the office and we'll get one out right away for you. 972-578-9100 weekdays business hours.

Glad you like it!

Royce

And that's why I love ob so much great product and customer service

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member

Glad you like it!

Royce
Very gracious of you. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks so much.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
also notice that you are getting a response from the top dog in the company, and on a Sunday night!

the most standup company in pool.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Either the people at OB let such a shoddy package ship that they swiped a bumper out of or they were so negligent in packaging that a small child could have torn into the packaging. Six layers of Kevlar is pretty much minimal protection from such things happening along with a half pound of goose down to protect the product from rough handling.

The people at Seybert are very questionable characters too. I have always had fast shipping and perfect fulfillment of all my orders, they have to be setting me up for something big!!

I'd expect a new bumper, a complete new jump cue, and a coupon for the shaft of your choice along with a full refund. The groveling personal apology can be delivered when they hand deliver your new cue and bumper. Of course we expect every moment of the visit videoed to amaze and amuse the denizens of AZB!

No doubt I've left out some of the things that any decent company would do. Wrapping that bumper in a couple of C notes for extra protection shouldn't be a surprise either.

Normally I would ask for a handful of firings and at least one public execution for this kind of an error but I'm feeling benevolent tonight!

Hu
Not sure why you would come on here and give them a free pass like this. Give them an inch...

Yep OB cues people are the best.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Why didn't you just contact Seyberts and see if they would handle it or refer you to OB? That seems like it would have been easier than posting a thread about it.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Why didn't you just contact Seyberts and see if they would handle it or refer you to OB? That seems like it would have been easier than posting a thread about it.

Because that would have been too easy?

Than starting a thread and answering your own question in the first sentence.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I really believe OB Cues built thier business one happy customer at a time. Great company, great cues and shafts, and great people running it. Johnnyt

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take the bumper off of my cue's anyway. I get more feedback from them. Of course, I keep them in a safe place, in case I sell it. But, I really don't like selling my players.