Nathan Demoulin

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ya gotta love Cleary. Just lay it out there!

I am sure it is none of 'our' business what the business dealings were.
(But I think I know).

It is usually best to not say anything if you cant say anything nice. So with that in mind:

I think Nathan does some good stuff - however, he won't be working with me for quite some time. He had plenty of opportunity to treat people with a little more respect and yet he didn't.

I am not going to get into any kind of debate with anyone - just go back and read some of the threads and posts a few months (years) ago.

Mark Griffin

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Its one thing to give a pass to stand up people like Griffin, Greg Sullivan, Mike Zuglan, etc.... if they screw up because it simply rarely ever happens, if at all. But there is a lot to be said against doing so for people who have developed a pattern of repeatedly screwing the pooch. Nathan is one of them, Earl is another, Bill Stroud & a slew of different cue makers, people on the bad action list, Kevin Trudeau, Larry from Bonus Ball, Don Mackey, the list goes on........... If you screw up more than most, you're going to catch more shit than most, its just how things work. There's way too much forgive and forget around this place.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
ac·count·abil·i·ty noun \ə-ˌkau̇n-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē\

Definition of ACCOUNTABILITY

: the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions

kittykat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ac·count·abil·i·ty noun \ə-ˌkau̇n-tə-ˈbi-lə-tē\

Definition of ACCOUNTABILITY

: the quality or state of being accountable; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions

He knew from day one that Chibby had no money and was trying to raise money through gullable investors. That I was confirmed by Vpbb. I also heard a conversation and saw cpoies of emails sent to him by Vpbb. He tried to fool the pool world and when that did not work out, he resorts to saying not my fault.

He has got everything that was coming to him. Forgive him for being young and niave, sure. Just watch your back around him!

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
I stated my opinion on the subject at hand and in a very polite way so I don't think it matters how you consider my statement. People who are in the know already know the details.

You may have stated your opinion, and It may have been in a polite way, but what you actually did was to try and pre-qualify it by making an accusatory statement about Nathan without providing any information to back that statement up.

At this point, my overall opinion of Nathan is a good one. If anyone here knows something really bad about him other than, "he was impolite to us," I'd like to hear it. My opinion just might change.

Roger

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still can't believe the number of people on AZB who go into vapors over an offhand remark in a message board post that "they are not the target market." The great me is not in the target market, well then BB sucks and Nathan sucks! That has always seemed like a huge overreaction to me--and you can see in this thread that people are still bringing it up.

Probably about 1% of active APA players are registered at AZB. Is it so crazy that the target market might be the several hundred thousand APA players instead of AZB? Or some fraction, even a very small one, of the millions of people who play pool casually?

Sure, it would definitely have been better for Nathan to have written that sentence differently; for example, "AZB is only a part of our target market." But some people seem a little too bent out of shape over that.

Long story short, Nathan is clearly very good with video (less so with streaming), works hard, and is passionate about pool. Those are good things in my book.

Cory

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
At this point, my overall opinion of Nathan is a good one. If anyone here knows something really bad about him other than, "he was impolite to us," I'd like to hear it. My opinion just might change.

Rodger you're welcome to think of him however you want. There was a time I felt the same way. I'm not trying to sway anyones opinions.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably about 1% of active APA players are registered at AZB. Is it so crazy that the target market might be the several hundred thousand APA players instead of AZB? Or some fraction, even a very small one, of the millions of people who play pool casually?

Cory

Then why DIDN'T they market it to the masses? I play in a lot of different bars, clubs, pool rooms around the country and the only people who have even heard of Bonus Ball are the AZB members.

For the record, I like Bonus Ball (the game, not the organization). My two favorite games are one pocket and straight pool, so I really enjoyed watching the matches. But anyone who thinks that AZB wasn't their main audience needs to get out there and interview some of their "target audience".

Last edited:

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I still can't believe the number of people on AZB who go into vapors over an offhand remark in a message board post that "they are not the target market." The great me is not in the target market, well then BB sucks and Nathan sucks! That has always seemed like a huge overreaction to me--and you can see in this thread that people are still bringing it up.

Cory

It's a little strange that you defend their marketing techniques when they have already proven to be a monumental failure.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a little strange that you defend their marketing techniques when they have already proven to be a monumental failure.

It's even stranger that you say I've defended any marketing techniques, when what I posted is that it's silly for people on AZB to get so worked up over the "not the target audience" post by Nathan.

Ease-e -- Good question. I don't know the answer. More events of the type they recently did with Frost and Morris would have been a great idea.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Remember when Nathan 's Car crashed

leaving ( filming of a Tournement- in the us. He had az members help in that rough time. I got Pool dvds from him in a timely fashion. mark .

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the whole "well he's never done anything bad to me" school of thought boggles my mind, maybe just maybe u never gave them the opportunity to do so? or just maybe they're good @ hiding their shadiness or covering it up after a lifetime of experience in doing so?

"once is an accident, twice is coincidence and three times is enemy action"

i remember reading a bonus ball topic on here and he was arguing w jay helfert, if that doesn't send up a gigantic red flag i dunno what else would when it comes to pool

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Yep, I had a bad attitude toward Nathan and Bonus Ball.

I didn't quite care for some of the things or the way that Nathan put across to the members re Bonus Ball.

Well, In Florian's DVD thread, I made a comment toward Nathan. He sent me a polite PM back asking me what my problem was. I told him, politely of course and received another PM back explaining his position and job with Bonus Ball.

He called it a rant, I told him that it wasn't a rant, rather a polite explanation on his side.

I try to be a non judgmental person. My wife told me that is what she has always liked best about me. Even if you're non judgmental, you can still have an opinion on things that bug you.

Seems that I now feel that I was wrong about Nathan and his points so for that, Nathan, I apologize for more than one snotty comment to you.

Maybe, with Nathans permission, I will post his well thought out PM so others can read his feelings re his job with Bonus Ball.

I feel that its very genuine sans any BS.

I do think that I had him pegged all wrong in this case.

I know how Nathan came across both to myself and other members here, but once I read his explanation for how he felt about things, it changed my mind.
No one is perfect, not me by a long shot and and probably many other members would agree also.

I still don't hold Chibbs and BB in a very high regard but my opinion of Nathan has changed considerably.

He was just doing the job to the best of his ability that he was hired to do and in some aspects, more was expected of him than was his duty.

He would be the first to admit some of the things that went awry with BB and he should not be held accountable for someone elses problems.

Just my take on it.

Have you ever considered that it may have been YOUR negative energy that shitcanned Bonus Ball? I hope you're happy with yourself, Terry.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Have you ever considered that it may have been YOUR negative energy that shitcanned Bonus Ball? I hope you're happy with yourself, Terry.

you're kidding, right?

i joined AZB last JUN because i bet KK9 $1.00 on Bonus Ball - NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS - but knowing the Vegas logistics of ability to stream. i cleaned-up 30 days later. and Nathan & i squared @ Mosconi on our $3.00, cause he gave me the keys to the building to shoot, as well as the BEST Thai restaurant for dinner.

Bonus Ball's demise, had nothing to do with any of us.

even a lay-person saw it coming.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you're kidding, right?

i joined AZB last JUN because i bet KK9 $1.00 on Bonus Ball - NOT KNOWING WHAT IT WAS - but knowing the Vegas logistics of ability to stream. i cleaned-up 30 days later. and Nathan & i squared @ Mosconi on our $3.00, cause he gave me the keys to the building to shoot, as well as the BEST Thai restaurant for dinner.

Bonus Ball's demise, had nothing to do with any of us.

even a lay-person saw it coming.

The best Thai restaurant is next to the cue club. Lotus of Siam. It's been the best for years, even back when I lived there.

Where did he send you?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's even stranger that you say I've defended any marketing techniques, when what I posted is that it's silly for people on AZB to get so worked up over the "not the target audience" post by Nathan.

Ease-e -- Good question. I don't know the answer. More events of the type they recently did with Frost and Morris would have been a great idea.

I completely agree.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
The best Thai restaurant is next to the cue club. Lotus of Siam. It's been the best for years, even back when I lived there.

Where did he send you?

I am putting my money on Lotus, Thai food is not my favorite but that place is delicious. :thumbup:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

Where did he send you?

are you seriously asking me to recall something from Mosconi week...?
Lotus rings a bell....some "flower" something....and it was near the pool hall....
all i know, is that is was THE BEST THAI i have EVER HAD from NY to CA.
and Nathan was right.