New Panjo Marketplace

panjo

Registered
I have an interesting question about Panjo. I listed an item yesterday and posted it. I could immediately see my listing and the thread that was started in the forum. Today I listed two more items, however I can only see the listing and the threads were not started.

What is even more weird is that I edited my description for the item I listed yesterday to include shipping instructions. Somehow, it is now stating that it was listed today, when in fact I listed it yesterday. A fellow AZ'er pointed it out to me. Also with this change, the price was changed on my item as well. Could someone please take a look and try to figure out what happened? The only thing I noticed is that the box for paypal fees was unchecked when I edited it, so I made sure to check it again, but that shouldn't raise my price since it was already set up. Please help!

Hi,

This is due to a bug we discovered late last week. If an item listing is made and the user previews the listing, then goes back and edits the listing, the connection runs into an error and a thread cannot be created. We are working through this bug as we speak and should have it resolved shortly.

In the mean time, could you provide the Listing ID #'s for the items that a thread was not created for? I can manually go in and update the listing and create a thread for you.

Best,
Niko @ Panjo Support

panjo

Registered
When I try to post something, there is a button on top left "Return to: AZbillirads"
That option does not work.
Also, I am having really hard time running this Panjo on Linux.

Hi,

Is there a specific issue you are running into with the marketplace on your Linux environment? Please let me know and I will do further investigating for you .

Best,
Niko @ Panjo Support

panjo

Registered
Hi.

Can the thread title be edited to reflex an items sale and that it's no longer available?

Hi,

We currently do update a listing thread once an item is sold. For example if an item titled "Example Item" is sold on the marketplace, the thread will be updated to say "SOLD: Example Item." I hope this answers your question!

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

panjo

Registered
I used Chrome and Explorer. Niether showed on the forum. I did get 2 emails stating my ads were live. But never saw a listing.
Nick :)

Hi,

I have reached out to you regarding the Support Ticket you submitted. Please let me know if you have any further questions about it.

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

panjo

Registered
As a gold member here I have posted many items for sale and never had an issue.

Panjo seems straight forward but

Three times in a row it kicked me off and I lost all of the content that I had been working on.

Twice when dragging photos to Panjo it also kicked me off.

When it finally posted it, I hope, it left me on a blank page that is listed as Panjo Plugin. An empty blank page.
Does that mean it did not post?

How do you get back to AZB from there?

How do you change font size or bold up text?

How long does it take to have the posting visible?

I have been looking for it and when I look for all threads started by me it does not show.

It is now 12:17 am and it is still not showing........2 hours later.

It is a little clunky but and I cant tell if it works or not.

Is there a tutorial on how to use Panjo somewhere. I did not see it. If there is a link to it would be great.

Keep up the good work and I hope this all falls into place.

Jim

Hi,

To get back to AZBilliards, all you need to do is press the FORUMS button on the top of the page.

Typface size and font bolding are currently unsupported in creating a listing. Is this a feature you would like us to work on implementing for listings on the marketplace?

Listings that are posted are visible instantly as they are auto-moderated by our system. Once you press submit on a listing, it will appear in the marketplace.

The thread issue you are referring to is currently being worked through and a fix should be implemented shortly.

We currently do not have a step by step guide, if you have more questions about Panjo please see Panjo.com/faq Would you like us to create a step by step guide for how to sell an item?

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Two words for Mike et al:

FIFTY-FIVE VIEWERS

That's the current number of folks in the FS Section. And this is Prime Time.

I've been here many many years - don't recall seeing a more insignificant number.

-von

MnHunter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only reason I got a gold membership was because I was using the wanted/forsale section a decent amount and I feel that members that do use it should be supporting the site. But with the way its set up now with panjo I have no intention of renewing my gold membership.

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only reason I got a gold membership was because I was using the wanted/forsale section a decent amount and I feel that members that do use it should be supporting the site. But with the way its set up now with panjo I have no intention of renewing my gold membership.

What he said !

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member

Same here man.
I've also participated in donating to members in a time of need. This forum gave plenty to me so I felt obligated to give back.
There are lots of others who frequent the Wanted/For Sale forum who have given cues, equipment and even cash for good causes. This is what helped to make this a great community. Not perfect by any means but a great community made up of a lot of people with one thing in common....the love of the game of pool.

Instead of going negative here, I'll just say that it could not hurt, and it's not too late to form a committee comprised of some long time members with lots of I-Trades and the management at Az to come up with what I feel are some relatively simple and painless solutions to the issues that we all know are there.
I have a significant amount of I-Trades and would be happy to help....if I'm left off the list that's fine too as I trust those who have compiled hundreds of I-Trades to know what the main issues are and how to overcome.
I feel genuinely bad that the Az community I have come to know and be a part of is going to be unrecognizable before too long.

nsafellow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

To get back to AZBilliards, all you need to do is press the FORUMS button on the top of the page.

Typface size and font bolding are currently unsupported in creating a listing. Is this a feature you would like us to work on implementing for listings on the marketplace?

Listings that are posted are visible instantly as they are auto-moderated by our system. Once you press submit on a listing, it will appear in the marketplace.

The thread issue you are referring to is currently being worked through and a fix should be implemented shortly.

We currently do not have a step by step guide, if you have more questions about Panjo please see Panjo.com/faq Would you like us to create a step by step guide for how to sell an item?

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

Niko

The page Panjo left me at after pressing the list button came to a blank page with nothing to click.

I received an email stating that the item is listed but it never appeared.

It is almost 24hours later and still nothing.

Now it is showing up on your Panjo site but still nothing on AZ where I want it to be.

I finally got it to work by redoing it and now it says shipping TDB when it was and is clearly marked free?????

A step by step guide that has a sticky on it would be great.
For the last 25 years I have been a computer consultant and have never had problems like this. Have always been able to figure them out.

Thanks for your time

Jim

Last edited:

ToomnyQs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still hoping the "Powers that Be" will come to their senses before it's too late.. But I think it's too late.. What are they thinking? It really wasn't that bad the way it was which makes me think their is another reason for all of this that seems to be a hidden agenda..

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi,

Sincerely,
Niko @ Panjo Support

That button does not work. I keep pressing it and it does nothing. I use Chrome on wife's PC and Chrome on my laptop(Ubuntu).
Also, with all due respect Sir, you keep replying with comments that are useless. You never give direct answers. And most of your suggestions do not work.
I am sorry for dumping it on you like that. Just really frustrated with how UNDEVELOPED, how NOT USER FRIENDLY and how slow Panjo is.

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still hoping the "Powers that Be" will come to their senses before it's too late.. But I think it's too late.. What are they thinking? It really wasn't that bad the way it was which makes me think their is another reason for all of this that seems to be a hidden agenda..
Usually there is just one reason for something like that to happen - $$$.
For now Panjo is free. But check other forums running Panjo. They charge no less than ebay. Just Google Panjo.
If that is what it is going to come to, I might as well sell on eBay. Or Facebook.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Usually there is just one reason for something like that to happen - $$$.
For now Panjo is free. But check other forums running Panjo. They charge no less than ebay. Just Google Panjo.
If that is what it is going to come to, I might as well sell on eBay. Or Facebook.

Yep,
Mike even stated that in the very first post of the thread:

"There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want."

Right now, those of us who are still around are the "Beta" testers for the new forum. Eventually, they will get the bugs mostly worked out...I hope that it is not too late.

Joe

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep,
Mike even stated that in the very first post of the thread:

"There are no fees involved with this marketplace FOR NOW, but we will be looking into a structure where non Gold Members will have to pay a small placement fee.

Until we do implement that fee, have at it and post all that you want."

Right now, those of us who are still around are the "Beta" testers for the new forum. Eventually, they will get the bugs mostly worked out...I hope that it is not too late.

Joe

Joe,
I agree with all you said. Just one point - beta test is ALWAYS optional. To push the whole community into beta test....I do not know man. I do not respond well when I am being pushed into something...

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I am not a fan of the new setup for several reasons one being I can only see new threads in wanted for sale forum and not the old ones that are being bumped with price drops. Some cues I might not subscribe to cause price is to high but if the price come down to my number I would purchase only problem is I cant see it in wanted for sale forum anymore. Also I agree with kot panjo is just buttering u up for when they start charging for sales like ebay. I do like the sub sections like For sale, ebay auctions etc.. was a nice touch but the rest is horrible. links to show previous listings for pics when u click on them still no pics is ridicoulous. I also use to like the threads that showed peoples personality ex. Deanoc now I feel like I am looking on Amazon adds in panjo. I was huge fan of AZ and the website has done alot for me so I hope they go back to the old way before its to late. Not saying old way was perfect but I dont see how panjo has fixed any of the previous problems. Most complained that people overbumped or had their friends bump it for them. Or having people trash u or ur thread starting arguments was another big problem and I dont see how panjo helped that situation in anyway. Does anybody know what the point of this panjo is cause maybe iam just not seeing it.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Holdem, the complaint about the order of threads really has nothing to do with Panjo. It was a completely separate change and you can always change your personal options to sort the areas like they used to be sorted.

To answer the ongoing conversation about money... Yes, Panjo's ability to monetize items for sale was A REASON to try to them out. Just not the way most of you are thinking it was. I am more interested in finding a way to monetize the folks who won't even purchase a gold membership, but basically run their own business by selling items here. Jerry ran into a guy a couple years ago who proudly proclaimed that he was making thousands a month selling stuff on the forums. When we checked, he had never supported the site in any way. It is those folks who annoy the crap out of me. I don't care about the guys who jump in and sell one or two items every once in a while, and I wouldn't even mind so much if the guys who are running their businesses here would also contribute to the conversations with intelligent conversation.

I know I am not acting as quick as some of you would like, but I am monitoring these threads and am working on a decision as to which direction to take things. I want to give panjo a real chance, but there has been a fair amount of bugs that has not helped with the situation.

Mike

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Holdem, the complaint about the order of threads really has nothing to do with Panjo. It was a completely separate change and you can always change your personal options to sort the areas like they used to be sorted.

To answer the ongoing conversation about money... Yes, Panjo's ability to monetize items for sale was A REASON to try to them out. Just not the way most of you are thinking it was. I am more interested in finding a way to monetize the folks who won't even purchase a gold membership, but basically run their own business by selling items here. Jerry ran into a guy a couple years ago who proudly proclaimed that he was making thousands a month selling stuff on the forums. When we checked, he had never supported the site in any way. It is those folks who annoy the crap out of me. I don't care about the guys who jump in and sell one or two items every once in a while, and I wouldn't even mind so much if the guys who are running their businesses here would also contribute to the conversations with intelligent conversation.

I know I am not acting as quick as some of you would like, but I am monitoring these threads and am working on a decision as to which direction to take things. I want to give panjo a real chance, but there has been a fair amount of bugs that has not helped with the situation.

Mike

Nice response, Mike. Thanks for giving us some insight.